Looking into DisneyMoon on the cruise..

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by lilsqueakrr, Jan 16, 2011.

1. lilsqueakrr

lilsqueakrr DIS Veteran

So my fiancé & I are looking into booking our honeymoon for October 2012. Neither of us have ever been on a cruise? I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions? I tend to panic sometimes on boats but I've only been on small little fishing boats. Does it feel like you are actually on a boat? Or do you kind of forget it?

Also, how long does it take you to get to Castaway Cay??

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bombygriz

bombygriz CATS now and forever...

You definetly forget you're one a boat!! A little fishing boat probably does not have enclosed rooms, which are the easiest way to forget you;re on a boat. The Disney ships have advanced stabilizing technology to keep them from rocking on rough seas.

On a three night cruise you get to Castaway Cay on the third day (first being embarkation and second being Nassau). I'm not sure about the 4-nights, but I know you have a day at sea tacked on. :)

4. Sueil33

Sueil33 Earning My Ears

My husband and I were married last October 3rd and we went on a "Disneymoon" as well. 4 nights at the Yacht Club and then a 4 night cruise. It was awesome. We had a great time and would highly recommend it. Great food, great service and absolutely wonderful surroundings. Castaway Cay was the perfect relaxing beach day!! Disney is for grown ups too!!! We actually bought a Disney Vacation Club membership while on the cruise!! Can't get enough.

We are going on a 3 night cruise on the Disney Dream at the end of April with a couple of nights at Animal Kingdom lodge afterwards - can't wait!!

5. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

We are going on our Disneymoon Mexican Riviera cruise in TWO WEEKS!!! We actually planned our wedding date around the Wonder's arrival in LA.

6. Mackie Mouse

Mackie Mouse Even my dog loves Disney

We did 3 days in WDW and 7 on the Magic for our honeymoon almost two years ago an it was a BLAST. Neither of us had ever been on a cruise, either, and we couldn't tell at all that we were on a boat except for the very first night (seas were a little rough, and we were avoiding a minor hurricane! The movement was very tolerable, though). There are so many romantic things to do on the boat, and I wouldn't change a thing about our trip. I would highly recommend spending some time getting a couples' cabana massage on Castaway Cay - VERY romantic and relaxing. You can listen to the waves and feel the warm sea breeze while getting your massage! We did CC on our last full day of the cruise before heading back to Port Canaveral.

7. lilsqueakrr

lilsqueakrr DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for your responses! I think we're really going to look into it! How many days do you usually stay at Castaway Cay? Or is it just a one day type sort of thing??

But we're seriously considering it. We're also looking into the Disney Vacation Club for ourselves! I think we want to see how much money we get from the Engagement party & kind of go from there to the decision of purchasing DVC before or after the wedding! hah. Cause we both want to make sure we go to DIsney at least every other year! hehe. =]

8. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

Unless it's a specific double-dip cruise (usually the 5 night Bahamian cruises, but sometimes a Caribbean will double-dip) it's a one-day stop at Castaway Cay, yes. Even on the double-dips the CC stops are one day each, not an overnight.

9. disneylizzylou

disneylizzylou Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!! I could really use some expert DCL cruisers advice! My fiance and I are getting married in WDW next year and were considering taking a disney cruise for our honeymoon. I have only ever been on 1 cruise in my life (which was with RCI) so I don't really know a whole lot about cruising and I know even less about the DCL. We are looking at one that leaves on March 24th 2012 on the Disney Magic heading towards the Caribbean. I was just wondering if someone could tell me about the ship, activities, etc. Anything that would be helpful in helping us decide if it's for us. I would really appreciate your expertise!!!

TIA!!:rotfl:

10. jilljill

jilljill <font color=blue>Collects Disney men!<br><font col

I'm merging your thread with another thread from a couple days ago on the same subject.