Looking for princesses dining

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by ironpig70, Apr 10, 2012.

1. ironpig70

ironpig70 DIS Veteran

DD loves Ariel and wondering what dinning has her??

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disneybliss2

disneybliss2 DIS Veteran

We've seen her at Akershus for dinner. She may be at CRT; someone will come along and say if they have seen her there.

4. 2binak

2binak DVC Owner

We've seen Ariel at Akershus too. Please be aware though that Disney does not guarantee which princesses will appear at the meals.

This was taken from allears:

5. ktlm

ktlm DIS Veteran

Ariel (in her ballgown) has been at CRT and Akershus everytime we have eaten at either one since 2008 (which is every trip). I would not make a promise to your DD as they don't "guarantee" any specific princess, but a couple of years ago they pretty much standardized which ones are there and you almost always have the same ones at both restaurants (Belle, Ariel, Cinderella, Snow White, and Aurora). If you get anyone other than those, you are lucky (or unlucky if the one is missing that you really wanted to see ;)). Before they "standardized" it, we had seen Jasmine at CRT, Alice and Mary Poppins at Akershus, Mulan at Akershus, etc. In the last 2 years, we haven't seen any but the standardized 5.

If by some fluke you miss Ariel at whichever Princess meal you choose, you can see her at her meet and greet at MK. She is popular and the lines can get long. She has been meeting with Prince Eric there too, so that is a bonus.

6. ironpig70

ironpig70 DIS Veteran

Thanks for the information about the meet and greet.

We are DL folks and DL has a princess meet and greet. Really nice set up where yo walk through a venue and you can get autographs and pictures with 4 princesses. Then afterwards they have a little party. Well after the party the princesses come out which is not annouced so the majority of the crowd leaves.

DD got to see all the princesses and she loved it and I know when we go to WDW we gotta see Ariel.

7. waffles77

waffles77 Mouseketeer

We have seen her at both Akershus and CRT.

I think she has has different gowns on though if I remember correctly. Would have to look at pics to confirm.

8. shell8558

shell8558 DIS Veteran

We saw her at Akershus also. She was beautiful and took several pictures with the kids.

9. GrumpyBelle

GrumpyBelle DIS Veteran

She was the 1st princess to greet us last year at Akershus.

10. TiggerTrigger

TiggerTrigger Also HouCuseChickie

We have been to CRT twice and Akershus twice since late 2010 and we've seen Ariel at all 4 meals. Of course, as others have noted- there's no guarantee of which characters you'll see- but I think the odds are in your favor that you'll see her at these meals.

11. ironpig70

ironpig70 DIS Veteran

Since I am seeing both Akerhus and CRT which one would you choose?

We would be going during free dining and would be coming in late on day 1 and leaving early on the last day so we will have extra TS and CS so CRT being 2 TS is not a big issue.

12. DW2010

DW2010 DIS Veteran

We saw her at CRT in 2010. If you have not been to CRT, I'd say to try it at least once. We haven't been to Akershus, but we did enjoy CRT. Everyone liked their meal.

13. TiggerTrigger

TiggerTrigger Also HouCuseChickie

While I think the food and service are better at Akershus, I think the castle is the ideal setting and would try that if you've never done it and only have space for one pricess meal.

14. Z28KatCar

Z28KatCar "A wish is a dream your heart makes"

The food is good at both CRT and Akershus but for the total princess experience go with CRT.

15. realhousewife

realhousewife Mouseketeer

I vote for Akershus for overall interaction.

16. Kgroo

Kgroo Mouseketeer

The food is better at Akershus, but we usually go for breakfast so CRT isn't bad. The thing that gives CRT the advantage is the castle. I cry EVERY time. It is really special for little princesses ;)