Looking for Opinions - BBB and Royal Court Tea

brandyleeann

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

I am really torn on the BBB options. I was initially thinking we should just do the Under the Sea package, but I don't love the idea of the two-piece swimsuit (I know, I am a prude!). On the other hand, I think my little one (she is 3) would enjoy the experience and the price is reasonable.

We are doing the Pirate's League for both kids (3 and 5) and it happens to fall the day after when I was planning Under the Sea. I would have preferred more time in between trips to BBB to make it seem more special.

We are for sure doing Royal Court Tea, so I thought maybe we should do the full-on costume experience and go right before hand (RCT starts at 3, and 130 and 215 are available - is 215 cutting it too close or should I stick with 130 in case they are running behind?). Then, she would be in her costume and looking adorable for the photos for RCT and I believe that night is the Captain's Gala so she could wear her full outfit to supper also. But, it is so pricy.

So - what would you do?

Under the Sea on Day 3, followed by Pirate's League on Day 4 OR

Pirate's League on Day 4, followed by Castle Package on Day 6 right before the Royal Court Tea

AND if you are leaning toward the Castle Package, would you do 130 or 215? Does BBB run very close to schedule?

Thanks so much for your help. I am normally a decisive person, but with all the options and research available for DCL, I am always challenged to make choices between so many amazing opportunities!!!

Best,

Brandy

I find it interesting no one has really responded nor have I done either, so I guess is comes to personal choice weighing cost and everything else. I found this old link to the mermaid suit they give you and a review from the same time period. I think you can have a really fun day with the castle package (isn't it cheaper too?). I agree with your assessment that 3 days of the boutique is a bit crazy and can really take away from some of the other fun activities on the ships for your family. I don't know if they are on schedule or not. I suspect it might be busier on days with the tea so I would always do an earlier one instead of a late one, just because you will have a little more time for photos around the ship and things like that. Have a magical time.

We did the BBB last April with our girls (2, 5 and 6) and the Royal Court tea. As for BBB, we contemplated doing the under the sea package but decided to let the girls pick their own costume and did the castle package. The girls loved it and it worked out great for us because we did it on the same night as formal night so it cut down on packing an extra dress :-) If you decide to do the castle package, I would schedule it for 1:30. They suggest an hour for the castle package and while you may end a bit earlier, you do not want to risk being late to the royal court tea. Hope this helps! Have a great time.

I would definitely do the BBB before the RCT! My suggestion would be to do the 1:30 just in case there is a delay. You don't want to be rushed and you don't want to miss the entrance to RCT. You can always take some pics on the mosaic wall outside guest services if you are early to the tea.
My dd has done the Under the Sea makeover both times we have been on the Fantasy and LOVED it! She got both colors of the swim suit now lol. We did the RCT on one sailing and did the Castle Package on the other but with out the RCT. She was kind of sad and I wish we had done it after all.

I say do the Castle Package. Did you know with the Castle Package they get an adorable invitation and lots of goodies as well as the suitcase/trunk? Totally worth it if you are doing a couple of the makeovers anyway. And there are a lot of souvenirs with the RCT as well.

My suggestion is to do the Under the Sea on one of the first 2 sea days or CC day (we did that this July and Leighton LOVED it). They apply sunscreen and give them a flower for their hair that changes color in the sun. Then do the princess day for RCT and captains and the Pirate League on pirates night. THat was way more fun that we thought it would be and the first time my dd has enjoyed pirate night. She was always so scared about it before, which cracks me up.

PS In case you don't do a BBB appt before the RCT, anyone can by the BBB and get glitter spray in their hair!!

Thank you so much to everyone for their feedback and insights from their experiences. I am going to do our Pirate League sessions (Empress and Jack Sparrow pirate:) on Day 4 and then we will do the BBB Crown Package on Day 6 before we head to the Royal Court Tea. I am confident that I am more excited about all of this than my little ones, but I have to say, I am so darn excited!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter