Looking for non-electronic kids' Christmas gifts??

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by timzagain, Sep 6, 2008.

1. timzagain

timzagain Rena

Apr 18, 2007
    For those of you who prefer to stay away from electronic toys - may I suggest Ikea? While on vacation in Orlando about 2 weeks ago, I visited Ikea and found some really nice toys there. Well made, no batteries, reasonably priced and just perfect for encouraging imaginative play. There were quite a few but the ones that stuck out were the set of finger puppets (under $6), wooden train sets, wooden pull and push toys for the younger set, and my personal favourite, a set of stainless steel pots and pans ($10) that looked just like the real thing! My DD has outgrown that phase now, but I know she would have enjoyed "real" saucepans, instead of the obviously fake plastic ones.

Never thought of Ikea as a place for Christmas shopping before! Too bad there's no Ikea in my neck of the woods in Barbados!
  2. bjeannep

bjeannep Mouseketeer

Feb 13, 2008
    Thanks, I've never thought of them either. I live about an hour and a half from one, maybe I'll need to make a special trip to check things out. My DNieces are very into imaginitive play and I never know what to get them.
  3. BrerMom

BrerMom DIS Veteran

Oct 25, 1999
    Hmmm, sounds like a good idea for the adopt-a-child Christmas project.