Looking for luxury off property hotels

WonderWomanDC

Disney Bride
I've heard of the Peabody and Gaylord Palms.
Does anyone have any personal experience with either of those, or with other luxury resorts/hotels in the Orlando area?
Thanks in advance :)

I was at the Ritz-Carlton in February, and it was gorgeous. It shares property with a J.W. Marriott, which was also very nice. The staff is outstanding and the property is beautiful!

Stayed at Gaylord Palms with Priceline. Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

I have stayed at the Peabody a few times and wouldn't hesitate to return.

The Celebration Hotel was wonderful! The peabody was VERY nice, but the town of Celebration and the smaller size of the hotel blows the area around the Peabody away.. the Peabody is BIG, very upscale, and offer more dining and lounge area for bigger parties.... The Celebration Hotel is smaller, more quaint, still upscale, customer oriented - more romantic too.

I also love the Celebration Hotel. I don't consider it a "luxury" hotel on the scale of a Ritz-Carlton or Four Seasons, but then it doesn't have the price tag of those either. A very charming, small, relaxing hotel in a peaceful location.

Susan

I have stayed at the Gaylord, Celebration and Ritz Carlton.

In terms of luxury I would rank them Ritz, Celebartion, Gaylord. Personally the Gaylord was a very nice hotel with a great theme, but not luxury at all. More of a convention hotel.

The Ritz was beyond compare. I just found the service outstanding, room beautiful, grounds beautiful etc... I would LOVE to stay there again.

I agree with Susan on Celebration, it is a very nice hotel with a wonderful location.

Hyatt Grand Cypress and possibly the new Omni are the only other hotels that might be considered luxury.

I agree with Carol, GP is more of a convention hotel BUT they have the Canyon Ranch Spa. That spa is rated as one of the best hotel spas in the country, none of the other hotels in Orlando (including the GF) make the list.

If you're looking for a little theme park experience I'd go with PBH. Boat, bus or walk to Universal. The truth is the JW Marriott, Ritz and Hyatt Grand Cypress are the only real luxury hotels in the area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter