Looking for help and pixiedust from anyone in the world this week!

finedice

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

Our DD14 accidentally left her pin lanyard on Space Mountain this morning. She has been collecting for 10 years now, and had her magic day ruined today and has been crying all day. The tokens of memories of the trips from when she got them (including the lanyard itself which was a "Year of a Million Dreams" won lanyard) have been lost, and she is really heartbroken. Her pin collection has everything from the original YOaMD pins, to club penguin characters, Lotso, Mary Poppins, Merida, Stich surfing, The Grape Soda top, Tink, Mickey playing the sax (she plays sax too), Perry, a Vero Beach DVC pin, and many more.

We of course went back to SM a couple of times, as well as Guest Services twice, but so far no luck :(.

Anyway, if anyone is around the world this week and spots someone - feel free to tell them it's yours and PM or let us know here. We will be here until next Saturday! Below is a happy pic from yesterday at the Tusker House, in case it helps it get spotted!

20170811_113418.jpg

Oh no! This is very sad! We leave for Disney on Tuesday and you remind me again to have my kids leave their favorites at home. Hopefully pixidust is on its way!

Dd16 is going to check to see if she has duplicates of any of those. We were there YoMD too. Keep checking. Took me 3-4 days of lost and found checking before finding my brand new hat from world of Disney in BTMR.

Dd16 wants me to mention that the lanyards are on eBay for $20 and to suggest that she never wears her nice pins to the parks and just traders. So many have fallen off she never risks her best.

That's terrible! I would also ask all of the cast members at the gift shops and food stands in the immediate area. Someone may have picked it up and turned it in after leaving the ride exit.

Oh no, that's really sad.

Don't give up hope though. We had a watch returned after 3 days. Tell as many people as possible and hope for the best.

I can't help you find it, but I have a YoMD lanyard and the 2 pins that came with it that I'm happy to send her! We got 4 (lanyards and pins) that year and we only really need to hold on to two sets. If you private message me your address, I'm happy to send the lanyard with pins. But I do truly hopes she finds it...my DD would be devastated!

Last edited:

Don't give up hope, my husband's work phone fell out of his pocket on Space Mountain, it took us 2-3 days, and we were constantly checking at the lost and found at the TTC, but we finally got the call that they had it! Good luck!

Thank you all for the hopeful and kind messages. The offers are very sweet, and we may take you up on one of the pins if it doesn't turn up. We will continue to check for a few days first though! Good things happen to good people!

You mentioned guest relations but didn't mention if you checked the lost and found. Do be sure to check the lost and found - there is one big lost and found and it is located by the TTC.

I'm crossing everything I can that y'all are reunited with her pins and lanyard. Good luck!

My daughter left her Chewie purse with all her treasured pins, money, you name it, in the pocket on Space Mountain in March. We realized it about a half hour later, and went back to the ride greeter. She said to check two places where they collect lost items from Space Mountain and hold them there about a day or so. The SM gift shop behind the checkout counter and at Merchants of Venus! We had no idea about either place, but especially Merchants. So the SM gift shop didn't have it, but then we checked Merchants and it was there! So you (or your fairy finders from here) might check those two places, and often, depending on which cast member may find it throughout the day or even at the end of the evening when they shut down the ride - it may not even go straight to the central lost and found! All the best for a happy ending.

I lost a bag of stuff I had bought at Typhoon Lagoon in the World of Disney store one time, and we just kept checking, and we finally got it a week or 2 later! So here's to hoping!

Still checking all areas, but starting to lose hope :) Thank you all for the kind support and hopeful wishes!

I find the thought that somebody would just keep another persons pin collection if they found it very upsetting, there are more good people out there than bad, I feel fairly hopeful that at least 90% of people would hand it in, don't give up yet.

I find the thought that somebody would just keep another persons pin collection if they found it very upsetting, there are more good people out there than bad, I feel fairly hopeful that at least 90% of people would hand it in, don't give up yet.
Thanks for the positive vibes! What Disney is about!!

I have lost 2 different items on rides before. I really didn't think I'd get them back. And I did!! Everything lost all over Disney is sent to the lost and found near TTC. They will ask you what day you lost it. Make sure you go to lost & found IN PERSON. They will bring out what you describe to show it to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter