Looking for Feedback on Wonderland Tea Party at GF!

kddlm

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have feedback on the Wonderland Tea Party at GF? I just discovered it existed :confused3 !

My kids went to the tea party and loved it they liked it better than any of the activites I had scheduled even the pirate cruise. Parents arent allowed so it was 75 min of me time.. :cool1:

My daughter said that after they closed the door they played games had lunch and took pictures... They did everything backwards.desert first. I gave my daughter a camera but she was so busy that I only got 2 pictures..lol

I would recommend it for any children under 9

I see you are going in august We are are going the last week and staying a AKL

Tonnie.... Thanks for the great feedback! Sounds like my DD6 would love it! Do you think it's a real busy event? Wondering if I should just try to get her in once we are down there. I'll probably call and check later. Yes we are at AKL 8/24-8/28 then switching to OKW until the 31st. Maybe our kids will meet up in the pool. DS is almost 12 and I'm sure you'll hear me constantly yelling at him for something! Will your kids be doing Wonderland Tea Party again?

My 5 year old loved it. Made friends with all the other kids and had a great time!

My 3 yr old cousin loved it! Every time the adults would peer in the kids would all yell "No peeking!" Alice read stories, and they also made a surprise gift for Mother's day. I'd make reservations if I were you, so your little one won't be too disappointed (if it's full.) While the party was going on, I went to the GF gift shop and bought the Wonderland Tea Party pin. "Alice" ;) left it on the nightstand, along with a thank- you card, for my cousin the next day. She was thrilled, and wore it proudly for the rest of our trip :) Have a great time!

My granddaughter did it when she was six years old and loved it! She was bedecked in an Alice in Wonderland dress (ordered from below) and I got great pictures even in the parks! They book early though so unless there is a cancellation it may be too late for this trip. Good luck!

www.wonderland.co.uk/alicegizmo/dresses.html

Thanks everyone! I'm going to try and call to reserve as soon as DB ("D*$%* Boss") leaves! Hoping for some pixie dust!!! pixiedust: pixiedust:

Is this a girly thing or will there be boys? My oldest loves the Alice story so I wonder if he would like this. He loved the pirate cruise!

I'm sure others who have done this can shed some more light, but in pictures I saw, there was a mix of boys and girls. I think if it were only Alice it may be geared more towards girls, but with Madhatter hosting as well, I think it is geared as a unisex event.

Got the reservation I wanted for 8/28! :cheer2: DD should be so excited! I'm not going to tell her about it until then!

The tea my Granddaughter went to was 90% girls. I would think most will be, since it is a "Wonderland tea Party." I wouldn't exclude your son as long as you realize it is mostly girls.

My two granddaughters, 5 & 7, and niece, 5, did this last Friday and loved it. They only take 12 children. There was one little girl who would not do anything she was asked to do and it was very distracting for the others and I feel that much time was wasted on trying to get her to cooperate. There was only one or two boys, which did not seem to bother them at all. One had done it before and wanted to come back and he seemed to be at least 7 or 8. I'm almost certain there was a second boy in the group. We arrived back a few minutes early and could hear conversation swith the one girl who would not cooperate and my granddaughters did much talking about her.

We have done the Tea Party everytime we have been at WDW and I love it. My DD-12 is now getting too old but the other DD is still interested. It is mainly a girl thing but I have seen a few boys. The pirate cruise is also really cool which is also run out of GF. This is mainly a boys event but my DDs have been twice and really had a lot of fun. My DD-12 went when she was 11 and I was afraid she would be too old but the Cast Members that ran the program used her as their helper and she had a blast. I love both of these programs and would recommend them highly. :thumbsup2

Susan

Were your kids nervous about be left without parents? :confused3

My DD5 would probably be hesitant, but I am dying to reserve the Wonderland Tea Party for her!! She is an only child, so wouldn't have a sibling with her. I guess I am just looking for a little reassurance, because I want this to be a surprise! :)

My DD6 absolutely LOVED it! I was the OP looking for feedback on the tea party and now am happy to give my (her) positive feedback! Being the evil mother that I am, I had told DD about the Wonderland Tea Party before we left for WDW just to see if it was something she seemed interested in (and advised her about the parents not staying). She said "yes, try to book it". A few days later I told her that I was unable to get a reservation (knowing darn well I did get one, but wanted to surprise her with it). Needless to say, the morning of the tea party I told her about "her surprise". She was so excited when we got there and found it really "cool" that the Moms/Dads got beepers in case the CM's needed to reach us. She couldn't stop talking about it after I picked her up. She kept talking about how silly the MadHatter was and about all the games they played and how they got to eat dessert before lunch! It was truly a great experience for her and I would definitely recommend it. For what it's worth, out of 12-14 kids at the event, I did not see any reluctant to leave their parents. The CM
s taking them into the party were great with them and made them all feel very comfortable! Once your DD sees the other kids going in without adults, she should be fine!

So glad to hear your daughter enjoyed it! :) After reading your post and a bunch of others I was convinced and called and got ressies for10/13! :cheer2: I haven't told DD and think I'll make it a surprise since it will be for our last day there. You're probably right, once she sees the other kids going in and sees that I have a beeper, she'll be fine. I'll let you know when we get back! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter