looking for entertaining character dining experience for the kids this trip

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by MAPOrocks, Apr 22, 2014.

1. MAPOrocks

MAPOrocks Mouseketeer

We are looking to try something different this year. My kids are 5,7 and 11. We have done Chef Mickey's, Park Faire, Ohana Breakfast, Crystal palace, Akershus and Cinderella's Royal Table. Any other things you can think to do? We would prefer for the food to be good as well as the experience.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

Breakfast at Tusker house is yummy and lots of fun. Hoop Dee Doo is also really fun.

4. canadiandisneyfamof4

canadiandisneyfamof4 Mouseketeer

Tusker house lunch or breakfast and garden grill

5. MSLRAC

MSLRAC DIS Veteran

I'd say Tusker House or Cape May Cafe breakfast. We love both!

6. Kimosabe

Kimosabe DIS Veteran

I'll add another vote for Hoop Dee Doo. Sounds like you have covered the basics for true Disney character dining, so HDD might be a fun, new twist on a dining experience/show. Depending on which show you choose, it can also be nicely tied together with watching fireworks and the Electric Light Parade from the FW beach after dinner.

As for 1900 Park Fare, did you do breakfast or dinner? You probably already know this, but if not, they are two totally different experiences (Pooh, MP, Alice vs. Cinderella, Prince and stepfamily, which are a lot of fun).

7. Disneymom83

Disneymom83 Mouseketeer

Definitely hoop Dee doo! We love the show and the food :-)

8. Gillyrose779

Gillyrose779 DIS Veteran

We really loved the Cape May breakfast- we like to stay at the Epcot Resorts so it is easy for us to get to but it is still great to do on an Epcot day as it's an easy walk through WS exit.

Haven't tried it yet (will be in a week though!) but Garden Grill dinner in Epcot. It just sound so diff. with the whole restaurant spinning to look at different views- and my boys are excited to meet Chip and Dale.

9. PrincessJo

PrincessJo Mouseketeer

Another vote for Hoop Dee Doo. My DH and DS trudged over there reluctantly with me because they didn't think they'd like it. Turns out, they both said it was their favorite part of the whole vacation. Totally worth every penny.

10. MAPOrocks

MAPOrocks Mouseketeer

thanks! keep em coming!

11. dachsie

dachsie DIS Veteran

Biergarten is a fun show too. And I liked Cape May as well. Oh and have you thought about Raglan Road with the Irish dancers?

12. Angeni11

Angeni11 Mouseketeer

My 4 and 6 year old boys always request Garden Grill (so does my husband) and considering they are not big into the characters they love this meal. The food is good too. =)

I love too that it is not a buffet because with young kids I find it much easier to be served at the table.

13. RyannB

RyannB Mouseketeer

We LOVE Cinderella and the stepsisters at 1900. Our favorite, we've done it the last two trips.

We have also done Tusker House breakfast and Garden Grill, those were fun too, but the interaction of the stepsisters with the guests is great!

14. Chae

Chae Mouseketeer

Really enjoyed Garden Grill - good food and fun characters! And liked the rotating restaurant!
    Cape May breakfast buffet is our favorite! Best food and again great characters!

15. juliebug1997

juliebug1997 DIS Veteran

Garden Grill. Hands down the best character interaction--we usually see each character twice and they are so much fun!!!!! The food is pretty good too!

And, I love HDDR too, even if it's not a character meal.

16. elaine amj

elaine amj DIS Veteran

I gave my kids the choice between Garden Grill and Coral Reef. My son in particular was fascinated with both eating with fish and a revolving restaurant. He ended up choosing Garden Grill. Both kids LOVED the revolving part. And the characters were amazing. Food was yummy too.Really enjoyed this meal.

17. kimber11

kimber11 Kimberley

We loved lunch at Hollywood and Vine and our kids were 5 and 7 when we went. Your 11 year old might not enjoy it as much, but there was singing and dancing with Jake, Sofia the First, Doc McStuffins and Handy Manny. We really enjoyed all of the food too.

18. aidansmom

aidansmom Mouseketeer

We love Tusker House. Great character interaction and, I think, the best food at any character meal. Raglan Road is definitely something to consider, too. Really yummy food, great atmosphere, and the dancers will bring the kids on stage to dance!