looking for camping shops in florida

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by geordie_e, Oct 3, 2009.

1. geordie_e

geordie_e Earning My Ears

Hi all
    Arriving in Kissimmee 10th oct (next week :-)))

Looking to buy a decent tent so looking for weblinks or address of camping shops in the disney/ orlando area

Thanks
    Will

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wildwood

wildwood DIS Veteran

There is a huge store called CAMPING WORLD that is on the highway 192 and Poniciana just past marker 11 , you can not miss the store it has RV in the fore court and is full of everything immagable for camping , also walmart sell tents and camping gear but not to the degree of camping world , hope this helps have a great time .

4. GibboFLA

GibboFLA Earning My Ears

Try the Bass Pro shop at the top end of International Drive, before the Beltz/Prime store, on the right as you drive north. Huge shop has everything for outdoor life. I can't post links yet but a search for Bass Pro Shops will sort you out.

The fish tank inside the store is worth the drive if nothing else!

5. geordie_e

geordie_e Earning My Ears

@ Wildwood, thanks, does Camping World sell tents... cant seem to find any info on the net for them.. Im sure ive drove past it a few times on my previous visits

@GibboFLA, thanks, Visited Bass Pro last time I was there and picked up a few bits n pieces. There tent range doesnt look that good... judging by the website.. Im after the slightly higher ended tent range

Thanks
    Will

6. wildwood

wildwood DIS Veteran

I am sure they sell everthing to do with camping you would need .