Looking for Bible on CD

ncbyrne

DIS Veteran
I want to buy the Bible on CD as a Christmas present. Are there any readers better than others? Does price matter? Any links to good buys?

I always order my bibles from Christianbook.com They seem to have the best prices. I have never bought bible on CD, so I can not say anything about readers. I did think about buying one for DH for Xmas this year, so I will be curious to see the responses that you get.

I don't know if any narrators are better than others. But you can buy from cbd.com (Christain Book). They also have devotions on cd if that's the type of thing you're looking for.

Current codes are:
238041KE Free shipping on orders over $35
226575 $5 off $35 or more (cannot be combined with other offers)

I saw them at the Dollar Tree a few weeks back. There were lots of different ones, so it would be hard to get the whole set. I bought Christ's birth.

Max McLean is an English "reader"...he was formerly an actor. I have several DVD's of his that he has done total books...Genesis & The Gospel of Mark.

If you google him he has a web site. I just ordered a CD of the Gospel of Mark. My church is begining a group tonight that will memorize & then present the Gospel in total!

I have really enjoyed listening to him. He doesn't really act it out, he does add some inflection & tone that in some parts makes you realize that the Bible can be funny! But it is straight scripture, NIV, I believe. On his website there is a spot to listen to him also!

Do you have a local LifeWay store? If not look them up online. I loooove this place. I bought my kids The Chronicles of Narnia from them last year. I bought the one put out by Focus on the Family and we enjoyed it so much. I am not sure what all Bible on CDs they carry, but I am sure you could find something. Let us know what you get, or find, I am also on the search for a good one!!

Not sure who the narrator is but I was impressed with the one they were selling on QVC. I thought about purchasing one for my Mother-In-Law.

luvtogo12 said:
Not sure who the narrator is but I was impressed with the one they were selling on QVC. I thought about purchasing one for my Mother-In-Law.
I don't watch QVC on tv. Is there a way to access what they sell online?

Seeing as this is the DISboads - you all might be interested in the following version of the bible: http://www.amazon.com/James-Earl-Jones-Reads-Bible/dp/1591502241

James Earl Jones reads the bible. Imagine, Mufasa reading every word of the Good Book to you while you drive or work. Wanna get your kids involved? Make your own mix by uploading the CD to your computer, and burn your own mix - but after Christ is born, play 'I just can't wait to be king'. Good times, I'm sure!

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter