looking for a true and tried recipe

Belle4mygrl

DIS Veteran
We had the Asparagus Soup @ 1900 Park Fare and I want the recipe.It was wonderful. I searched under Disney recipes but wasn't able to find one.

Anyone have one? TIA

We had the Asparagus Soup @ 1900 Park Fare and I want the recipe.It was wonderful. I searched under Disney recipes but wasn't able to find one.

Anyone have one? TIA

Cream of Asparagus Soup

This recipe can be adapted to make almost any cream vegetable soup, replacing the asparagus with 1 cup of finely chopped vegetable, such as cauliflower, celery, or broccoli.

Ingredients:

2 cups chicken broth
1 cup chopped asparagus
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
1 or 2 tsp arrowroot
Salt
freshly ground black pepper
Chopped chives or chopped parsley

Instructions:

Pour the broth in a pot and add the asparagus. Lightly sauté the onion in the butter, and also add to the broth along with the parsley. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer until the asparagus is tender. Drain the broth into a bowl. Put the vegetables through a food mill or puree in a food processor. Combine with the broth, and return to the pot. Stir in the cream or half-and-half over low heat. Mix the arrowroot with a little milk, and stir into the broth. Continue stirring until the soup thickens and comes to a boil. Taste for seasoning. Serve with chopped chives or chopped parsley.

Yield: Serves 4

Printer-Friendly Version

Anyone have one? TIA

Cream of Asparagus Soup

Ingredients:

1 pound fat asparagus
6 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 bay leaf
pinch of nutmeg
6 Tbsp flour
3 cups chicken stock, hot
1 cup heavy cream
salt to taste
white pepper to taste
4 baguette croutons
2 Tbsp sour cream
4 sprigs fresh chervil

Instructions:

Trim the woody ends from the bottom of the asparagus, and discard. Peel the remaining spears, reserving the peels. Cut these spears in half, and finely chop the bottom halves. Cut the top halves into 1/4-inch pieces, blanch in lightly salted boiling water, and set aside.

Sauté the shallot, onion, bay leaf, peelings, and finely chopped asparagus in the butter. Add the nutmeg and flour, blend well, and cook 5 minutes without browning. Add the hot stock, blend thoroughly, and simmer 30 minutes. Purée in a blender or food processor, strain, and return to the fire. Add the cream and the blanched asparagus pieces, and adjust seasoning with salt and white pepper. Spread the croutons with the sour cream, top with a sprig of chervil, and serve on top of the soup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter