Looking for a new Illuminations viewing spot

Jennasis

DIS life goes on
We have a spot we always watch Illuminations from (the bridge between the UK and France, right over where the Illumination cruise boats park), but for this trip, DH really wants to try someplace new. I think this show is one of those things that can give you a whole new look and appreciation for it when you view it from a totally different spot. On our trip this past September we watched from the little sitting area by the water just off to the side and down the steps from the Fish and Chips shop. It was GREAT having a bench to sit on right up against the rail, but seating isn't a necessity.

So any suggestions where to go? Robo, you have a map of some good spots maybe? I thought about going to the second level balcony outside the restaurant in Japan. we watched the Taiko drummers from up there last trip and it was really nice.

Two places come to mind.

1) Italy in the "Venice" area just over the bridge.

2) Between the two gift shops where you enter the World Showcase from Future World.

Two places come to mind.

1) Italy in the "Venice" area just over the bridge.

We were some where near there last time maybe more to the right.

During the show I'm like where is the Globe? And bam it was right in front of my face. Or at least thats how I remember it.

Between the two gift shops where you enter the World Showcase from Future World

Absolutely the best spot we've ever viewed Illuminations.

As you enter World Showcase...... just past the small areas with shrubs/flowers..... it's almost like a hill that runs down to the edge of the water. Sit at the top... right by the rope.
:thumbsup2
Be warned.... sometimes this area is roped off for special groups... and sometimes they will bring in smaller special groups without roping it off.
And they may take up a good amount of room.
But no matter what, if you sit at the top of the little hill... you will have a great view. If anyone gets in front of you, just stand up and you won't have to worry about blocking anyone behind you! :thumbsup2

"As you enter World Showcase...... just past the small areas with shrubs/flowers..... it's almost like a hill that runs down to the edge of the water. Sit at the top... right by the rope."
Would this be on the left or right as you enter into the World Showcase? Thanks.

Absolutely the best spot we've ever viewed Illuminations.

As you enter World Showcase...... just past the small areas with shrubs/flowers..... it's almost like a hill that runs down to the edge of the water. Sit at the top... right by the rope.
:thumbsup2
Be warned.... sometimes this area is roped off for special groups... and sometimes they will bring in smaller special groups without roping it off.
And they may take up a good amount of room.
But no matter what, if you sit at the top of the little hill... you will have a great view. If anyone gets in front of you, just stand up and you won't have to worry about blocking anyone behind you! :thumbsup2

Exactly! :thumbsup2

"As you enter World Showcase...... just past the small areas with shrubs/flowers..... it's almost like a hill that runs down to the edge of the water. Sit at the top... right by the rope."
Would this be on the left or right as you enter into the World Showcase? Thanks.

literally straight ahead. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter