Looking for a hard-to-find Nintendo game - any ideas?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by musicmama, Dec 12, 2005.

1. musicmama

musicmama Now an Irish Dancer's mama

(hopefully I'm not breaking any forum rules here, if I am - mods please be gentle and explain the error of my ways to me)

I promised my brother (who sometimes visits this forum) that I would get his 2 DDs the "Mario Dance Dance Revolution" for Gamecube for Christmas. However, I never never knew this thing would sell out so quickly and end up for 3 times its store price on ebay (item is $50., selling on ebay for up to $ 150.)

Tried pretty much every Target, Walmart, Kmart, Sears and EBGames/Gamestop stores within 100 miles of suburban Philly (in Penna) over the weekend with no success. If anybody knows of a store that has one - no matter where (including state) you are - would you please PM me. Hopefully it's somewhere I can call and get them to ship.

Thanks all.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MovingThemOut

MovingThemOut Earning My Ears

I saw this in our local Best Buy yesterday. Paducah, KY zip is either 42001 or 42003. Let me know if I can be of any further help, I "think" I will be out that way tomorrow.

4. HM

HM My tag from the Tag Fairy is now too long to use.

I saw a couple boxes in stock at my local EBGames on Saturday. New Hope Commons Store in Durham NC 27707. Maybe they can ship?

-HM

5. PA DISNEYLOVER

PA DISNEYLOVER Mouseketeer

I am from your area and I am also having a hard time finding it. I was told by two different stores that they had no idea that this would be an in demand game and did not make enough to keep up with the demand. I think I am going to buy Ds a Gift card and he can get it when all the hype dies down.

6. welovedis

welovedis Can't wait to be back in the WDW!

Buy.com was (as of last week) taking orders for these, I got an email stating they expected shipment in early January. While I realize it wouldn't make it there in time for the holiday it is something that is way overpriced at this point because the supply is so low, but they are making more.

7. drgnfly30

drgnfly30 <font color=deeppink>Take my advice, never pay ful

My son, who is a die hard gamer & a work colleague that part times at EB Games have both confirmed that production of this game has stopped & is rumored to begin again in the spring... I had to get it off ebay - I paid about $90 total for it.... Good luck if you can get it retail!

8. musicmama

Thanks, HM and MovingThemOut - tried both stores and both out of stock. Placed a buy.com order yesterday but have had poor experiences with them in cases such as this (can you say 2003 Holiday Barbie that never showed up) so not expecting anything there.

I admit that I am fundamentally opposed to paying upwards of $ 100+ for a $ 50. game on ebay. I understand the laws of supply and demand (was a marketing manager for awhile) but I think 2x or 3x the retail price plus overinflated shipping is excessive.

9. Rex Rules

Rex Rules Missing Florida every minute I am not there!<br><f

Holy Cow!
    Thank GOD For Grandma - she got this for DD before Thanksgiving. I just want an extra dance mat, so Mommy can play along too!! :cool1:
    Can I count that as my aerobic workout???

10. harleyquinn

harleyquinn <font color=red>Wishes she could take photos of th

I've got it and i count it as my exercise! it even keeps a count of calories burned for you! Love it!! DH bought it the day it was released.

I've seen copies around here. Maybe I can buy it and send it to you? PM if no one else has offered!

11. musicmama

I just PMd you.

Pat

12. spoon2003

spoon2003 DIS Veteran

Been looking for it in the greater Boston, New England area and has not been able to get one!!! Will wait till after the New Year, hopefully more will be available and DD will get it for her birthday.

Sue in Boston

13. Doede95

Doede95 Mouseketeer

I saw a used one at EB Games in Joliet, IL tonight. The area code is (815). It was $44. I am sure you want new, but just thought I would let you know. Good luck!

14. musicmama

Guess I may be calling there tomorrow. Another poster offered her assistance, and if that works out, I may call anyway and post in case anyone else is looking for this game. I'd rather have new, but it might be worth a shot.

15. welovedis

welovedis Can't wait to be back in the WDW!

If you really are desperate to get one, check out the Buy it Now auctions on eBay, there are some for $99.99 + shipping. Not exactly a bargain considering the MSRP but still better than $150.

GL!

16. Jakk

Jakk Guest

I just bought one at walmart.com. I've been looking for weeks and just purchased it there a few minutes ago. Good luck!

17. my2tinkerbells

my2tinkerbells Mouseketeer

Thanks for the tip! I just ordered one! My daughter will be so excited!

18. spoon2003

spoon2003 DIS Veteran

Thank you!! I just ordered it from Walmart.com!

Sue from Boston

19. looo33

looo33 Guest

me too!!! I have been looking all over for this! THANK YOU!!!!

20. musicmama

that there were any other "desperately seeking Mario DDR" people out there. :rotfl2: Glad this helped some other folks as well as it did me - I ordered one at Walmart, too, just in case Harleyquinn (who kindly offered me her help) wasn't able to locate one.

I feel like I may have gotten a double dose of pixie dust! (If I end up with 2, and anyone else needs one, we'll work it out - that's what DIS friends are for! :earsgirl: )

21. chris1gill

chris1gill <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

It didn't stay in stock too long, it's already out of stock.... We are in no hurry though, I was thinking for DD for a birthday or easter present...