Looking for a glass slipper for proposing at WDW - need some help

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by Robertsimmmons, May 28, 2012.

1. Robertsimmmons

Robertsimmmons Earning My Ears

Okay, I have searched pages and pages of Google results, with no luck. I'm hoping that someone here can help me out.

I'm looking to propose in January at WDW (details in another post later). I'm in the early planning stages of this trip, since I can't even reserve dining for another couple weeks. The one thing I'm having no luck with, is finding a custom made glass slipper. I know that glass slippers aren't hard to find, but I'm not looking for a normal slipper. I am trying to find, or have made, a PURPLE glass slipper. The reasons are a long story, but suffice it to say that purple would be much better than clear for me to get.

I have tried Arribas Bros. at WDW, and their slippers (clear, blue, or pink) are made in some factory by molds, and they can't (or won't) do any custom orders. The glass blowers on Main Street in MK can't do it, and neither can the ones at DTD. I just spent 4 days down there tryin to find something, but to no avail. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! (btw, it doesn't necessarily have to be full size. A 3-6" version would be fine.)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sambycat

sambycat DIS Veteran

you’ve covered all my suggestions. if it were me, i would move to purple “accents” - like a purple pillow to put it on or something to convey the purple aspect. even if you could find a glassblower/worker who would make you a purple glass slipper (and you might), i’m thinking it might be a gazillion times more expensive! good luck!:thumbsup2

4. Robertsimmmons

Robertsimmmons Earning My Ears

Oh, and I've already contacted this guy
    --->glasscaketops(dot)com (I can't post links yet)

He wasn't much help, but did say that it can be done.

5. Jilian

Jilian DIS Veteran

Maybe you could spray paint a clear one or add some sort of purple tinted glaze? Or, like samby said add some purple accents. Maybe some purple jewels inside the slipper will give it a purple hue?

6. MrsSpratt

MrsSpratt I've got a Bazooka full of Pixie Dust, and I'm not

Hi there!

Ok, I called a guy who specializes in glass flowers, is work is really really good, but his wife says he ONLY does flowers. (He has done a lady slipper as a "shoe" before, but will not do a straight shoe.) but! He does have other glass blowing artist friends that may be able to help!

Google Ronnie Hughes glass flowers and you should find him. Call the number on the website, ask for Mrs. Hughes, and tell her the romantic from the message board sent you.

Best of luck!

7. FutureDisBride2013

FutureDisBride2013 Happily Ever After is closer than I thought

I had bought a Cinderella Ring Holder made by Lenox, maybe you can work with that and replace the pink with purple. Then she'll have a collectible and the memory. Good Luck!!!

8. Evi

Evi DIS Veteran

This may be far from what your looking for but here goes. buy a pair of christian louboutin strass shoes in Aurora borealis has a purple shimmer to it or purple fifi strass or have a pair of shoes custom strass in the purple you want and you have your purple glass slipper, a pair of shoes to die for and well she can wear them to her wedding too. I know a pair of those would be better then any cinderella glass slipper in my book. You can even slip one on her foot when you ask her to marry you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. KerBear

KerBear Mouseketeer

I'm not sure if this would work, but Fenton has a sizable collection of glass shoes/slippers, they don't necessarily look like Cinderellas glass slipper, but you might find something close. I googled "fenton purple slipper" and found quite a few in images. Good Luck!

10. Handbag Lady

Handbag Lady Disneyland Bride 2000

Perhaps a clear one with a small battery-powered light inside?