Looking for a data summary program --Edited: NEVER MIND! LOL

Discussion in 'Photography Board' started by Quicklabs, May 14, 2009.

1. Quicklabs

Quicklabs DIS Veteran

Looked just down below and saw the Exposure Plot program. This is exactly what I was looking for! What a coincidence!

I have decided to spend my money on glass, rather than updating my D80. I'm going to wait to see what is coming after the D300...
    So I am trying to decide between the 70-200 2.8 VR and the 24-70 2.8.
    In order to make the most informed decision, I would like to get a "snapshot" (no pun intended!) of my shooting habits, i.e. Do I shoot more pictures below 70 mm or above 70 mm?
    I am looking for a program that will show me the distribution of focal lengths at which I take my pictures, using the photos catalogued in PSE 5 as my database.
    Groucho, (or Jeff?) I seem to remember a post in which you summarized shooting habits on one Disney trip. Where can I find such a program?

Of course, I know that finding the 24-70 is impossible right now, but I'm willing to wait if it seems as if I would get more immediate use from that lens. (Notwithstanding my certainly that the 70-200 is absolutely essential for dog agility shots). Eventually, I will probably have both lenses, but I would have nightmares if I wrote a check to B&H for both of them at the same time (though admittedly, I'd have nicer pictures! LOL)

On a related note, I'm also that if I did get the 70-200 now, I'd have my nifty fifty and dirtythirty to bridge the need at the under 70 mm range. And I do think I'd keep my 18-200 (though once I had both, I'd no longer have a need for it, I suspect)

Can anyone out there help ? Thanks so much in advance.

Laura

2. Suburbanmom

Suburbanmom <font color=red>Oh, SNAP!<br><font color=peach>I'm

Come to the 2.8, Laura. Come to the 2.8. :)
    I got the 70-200 f/2.8 first and quickly fell in love with it. It convinced me that I must have the 24-70 f/2.8 too. I don't think I've shot with another lens since...except for our outing and now I want the 150mm. Looks like we both walked away with lens envy!

3. Quicklabs

Quicklabs DIS Veteran

Looking at the data, I suspect I will make the same decision, Amy. Plus, I really want this lens for agility. Even my hubby could tell the difference immediately between the 18-200 and your beautiful, beautiful 70-200. Please bring crappy lenses the next time we go out together! It'll be so much easier on my bank account! LOL