Lookalike E-Submission Experience - Please Read!

eparri01

Earning My Ears
I am a new member to DISboards and I wasn't sure where to post this thread. But anyway, I did not apply to Disney through the CP program, I applied through their E-Submissions on the audition website for Character Lookalike. I can't find anyone who has been through what I have so I wanted to ask a few questions to find somebody!!!
I applied via. e-submission with a head shot and resume for the position of a character lookalike. Disney Casting emailed me back 3 different times asking for more pics and asking different questions. On the third time they sent me a script for a certain character role asking for me to send in an audition video... I sent it in and received a phone call a week later (on a Tuesday) with a woman making me a 'Conditional Offer' and she gave me a TON of information asking me to think about a full-time character performer position and then she proceeded to tell me I should be expecting a phone interview with the lady over hiring at WDW before the weekend..... she also told me if I had any questions to call her personal line and leave a message....Well, it's now Sunday and the wait is killing me. I called and left a breif message to make sure I should still be expecting a call and to let her know I would love to take a full-time position and could move ASAP. I have do have a bit of a southern accent, but in my audition video it was not evident at all...I am scared that my accent affected their views of me... And I am scared they aren't going to call me back... I have NO IDEA when to expect the call or what is going on... Has anybody else had an e-submission experience? Has anyone ever had Disney NOT call them back? I am so confused and I have never heard of this happening to anyone!! I desperately want this job!!!! Please reply if you know anything about the e-submission experience.....

I don't know about the e-submissions and how differently they work, but I wouldn't worry. It sounds like they were very interested in you and I don't think your accent made a difference. Many people have had this happen to them before-if you've already called and left a message, I would advise to just wait it out. Most likely you're just anxious and they will get back to you. Congratulations though! So jealous:)

I don't know about the e-submissions and how differently they work, but I wouldn't worry. It sounds like they were very interested in you and I don't think your accent made a difference. Many people have had this happen to them before-if you've already called and left a message, I would advise to just wait it out. Most likely you're just anxious and they will get back to you. Congratulations though! So jealous:)

Thank you so much for replying!! They still haven't called me but I've been waiting for a reply to this thread so that makes me feel better!!!! I just hate that it's been a week since they've contacted me... I hope they didn't forget and still want me lol ahhhh!!! But thank you very much! Ill reply if they ever call me haha

No problem! If it gets to be a VERY long time, it's really up to your own judgement whether or not to call. I've just heard lots of stories around this thread-Disney is notorious for not calling back by the time they say they will. Yes, please do! I'll probably worry almost as much as you until they call:)

Spo0nfulofSugar said:
No problem! If it gets to be a VERY long time, it's really up to your own judgement whether or not to call. I've just heard lots of stories around this thread-Disney is notorious for not calling back by the time they say they will. Yes, please do! I'll probably worry almost as much as you until they call:)

Well I got an email yesterday (Wednesday) asking me to fill out an application that required a code to fill out, then they sent me a request for a phone interview this morning... So I scheduled it for Monday at 10:00 am!!! I'm happy I finally know what's going on now, but it's confusing!! Haha It looks like I might be competing for the position, but they made me a 'conditional offer' so I'm not sure what to think!!! I will reply again and let you know how my interview goes!!! Haha!

Thanks guys!!! Ill let you know!!! I've been practicing my questions and answers all day!!! Haha :)

I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!! Full-time and they offered me classes for a face character! woooo! I just desperately need a roommate or I may not be able to move down :( If you guys know of people moving please let me know!!!

congrats!! I am moving down to do the DCP I am heading down January 6. There are a lot of us moving down then. Have you checked and joined in the Facebook sites for an apartment or roommate?

No I have not joined any of those groups!! I can't find them because I am not apart of the CP.... I need a place so bad!!!!!!!!!! haha! Could you post the links to them on here or invite me to them on facebook? My facebook is Erin Parris from ROME, GA, goes to Lee University, and my profile picture is two girls (one with blonde hair and one with brown hair) standing in front of a Christmas tree! I realllllly need help! Thank you so much for letting me know!! :D

No wonder I couldn't find it... It's a closed group!! Thank you so much! Hopefully I can find people living off of the disney property!

I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!! Full-time and they offered me classes for a face character! woooo! I just desperately need a roommate or I may not be able to move down :( If you guys know of people moving please let me know!!!

Congratulations times a million! So happy for you, but of course also extremely jealous...:angel:

Somebody get this girl a roommate!

Glad it all worked out in the end-see, I told you those phone calls just take forever:)

Check a website called roomster. You can search by city/area/zipcode and look for people who need roommates or people who have rooms for rent, and it's usually much cheaper than living on your own! the only downside to the website is you have to have a paid account to read your messages, but if you link your facebook to your account people can contact you using that instead, for free.

Congratulations, by the way! It sounds like an amazing opportunity, I hope you have a blast.

Thank you guys so much! All of this was extremely helpful :goodvibes I think I found a roommate through a mutual friend who used to work at WDW! I hope it works out and if not I will be paying all of those groups a visit!!

Congratulations on the job. Can you tell us more about your audition submission and questions that casting asked you in your interview?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter