delete

I'm in!!

All caught up too!

Looks like a pretty good start to the trip! I'm kinda bummed we didn't get to Osaka/Universal, but hey, maybe if we ever go again lol!!

AND WOW OKAY HI...

WE WERE PROBABLY IN THE SAME MCDONALDS ON THE SAME DAY

but we were likely there later on in the day, as we were still up near the Imperial Palace when it was raining pretty badly.

Can't wait to read more!

just found your TR and I'm SO excited to read more!

It's always so fascinating reading about international parks!

10/5 2016 Wednesday

Kris and I woke up a little after 6 and really took in the suroundings of our room. I was a bit surprised by the size. It was clean, but smaller than I was expecting. We got a room with 3 beds with barely any space between them...you could basically roll from one bed to the other. The space between the foot of the bed and the TV stand in front was also not very big, it was annoying having to cross over each other to get something. Still, I would stay at the Cross Hotel again someday...it was clean and the location was good. The shower area was big. It was a walk in shower with a tub on the side.

30172402684_5c6f4a4871_z.jpg

30168637313_fb04de738c_z.jpg

30715320701_72dafe744d_z.jpg

Kris and I walked to Lawsons, a convenience store near our hotel. Convenience stores were EVERYWHERE in Japan...Lawsons, Family Mart, and 7-Eleven were the 3 common ones. I bought a smoothie...something I have never seen in convenience stores at home.

30172406294_800fd52105_z.jpg

Outside of our hotel.

30715323931_54702e04d8_z.jpg

It tasted like strawberry yogurt. It was really good!

Our first stop was Don Quijote in Dotonbori, the area our hotel was near. Don Quijote is a grocery/drug type store that we have at home in Hawaii but the one in Japan was way better. It was huge...7 floors! No room for any shopping carts though, the aisles were very narrow. I bought some Wasabi, Sweet Potato, and Sake flavored Kit Kats. Wasabi and Sweet Potato were really good but Sake was kind of gross. I thought it was because I am not really a drinker and that's why I didn't like the Sake. But I brought some back for people at home to try and even though they like to drink, even they thought it was gross.

30715324911_912c02612e_z.jpg

This is the Glico sign in the Dotonbori area. For some reason, it's an iconic thing to take a picture with. Glico is the company that makes Pocky.

30172407984_8cb211f16a_z.jpg

30503030030_802dde1cf3_z.jpg

The sky was gray for most of the day and rained later in the evening.

30168644963_98748f0201_z.jpg

Don Quijote. Outside of the store is a ferris wheel but it has not worked in years.

30715329411_32df4c3700_z.jpg

Looking at all the cool Kit Kat flavors we don't have at home.

30804024995_7f87d26a32_z.jpg

30715532191_d4502be2fe_z.jpg

I also bought Snyder's brand wasabi pretzels. Those were really good! I wish I had bought more of those. I guess I'll have to stick with the honey mustard flavor until I make it back to Japan.

Enjoying your trip report the water in Japan is probably the most pure anywhere you can drink straight from the tap but my kids like it bottled so 7 eleven and the occasional Lawsons made a fortune last time we spent 3 wks in Japan didnt discover that Don Quiote is cheaper for Milk and water until night before we left Japan.I shopped there for cosmetics and skincare love it. Loving your report .

I went crazy 2 times we have been to Universal for cookie cans with Snoopy on the cans are big in Japan i forget the name they call gift giving but Japanese people buy gifts for many friends and work collegues They love Snoopy and sell so many gift cans cookies were so good.

Really enjoying your TR. Its reminding me that I need to get to Japan sooner rather than later! Looking forward to the next installment

Joining in!! Really enjoying your trip report so far! Looks like you guys are finding all kinds of cool stuff!

Joining in :) I am hoping to go to Japan in 2020. I want to go to Disneyland and my husnad wants to explore the more obscure countryside. Looking forward to next update. -Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter