Long weekend at the resort without the Parks?

disneyagain

DIS Veteran
My DD is a senior and would like to get a tan before prom. I have points for airfare, I was looking at various hotels in the orlando area, but by the time I rent a car (to get to the hotel and to get to meals) - it's cheaper to take the magic express and stay at a value resort. It would give us free transportation around the world and many dining options, plus downtown disney.

I'm not sure I can be that close and not go to the parks :confused3

Has anyone done this?

I'd like to know this too! We are going to WDW april 10th-13th to take a look at wedding venues, and are considering not going to the parks. But now that I'm thinking about it...I dont think we can fly there and not go to at least MK!!

We stayed at the Polynesian 2 nights right before a cruise. We really enjoyed hanging out at the pool and going to DD, but I don't know if I could have handled it if I hadn't known we were going on the cruise and back to the parks for a few days. It was hard to watch people getting off of the monorail with their shopping bags from the parks. That being said, maybe a little magic is better than none at all? Good luck!

We got a ridiculously good passholder rate one time at Poly when our seasonal passes were blacked out for the parks and decided to do it even though we weren't going to go to the parks, we had a blast! Hung out by the pool, watched fireworks from the beach, went around to a few other resorts, it was fun and very relaxing. More like a regular vacation than a Disney vacation.

We got a ridiculously good passholder rate one time at Poly when our seasonal passes were blacked out for the parks and decided to do it even though we weren't going to go to the parks, we had a blast! Hung out by the pool, watched fireworks from the beach, went around to a few other resorts, it was fun and very relaxing. More like a regular vacation than a Disney vacation.

I could totally see my family doing this. We are considering a no park trip this summer. We have leftover water park tickets so we'll do that, but no parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter