Long walk from parking to parks?

E

eeyoresmom

We would like to pack a cooler for lunch ,my kids get sick of park food after a few days. How long is the walk back and is it that much of a hassle? Could I maybe pick them up at the entrance to the garage go back, park and eat in the van? Is this a huge hassle?Thank you!

The walk from the garage to the parks is one of my biggest pet peeves about Universal Orlando. It is a haul. It's one of the reasons I use the valet parking because when I'm ready to leave if I'm not staying onsite, it is much faster.

Whatever you do, be prepared to walk.

It's not a huge hassle. I've done it with my daughter. Had some sandwiches packed in a cooler, and it is a nice break from park food.
Here's one problem though. In the morning during very busy times, they put cars on the top floor of the garage in the sun, and work down. If you ended up on the garage top, you'd have to come back at lunch, exit, then re-enter the garage with your parking stub so you end up between floors. Dropping/picking up the kids is not necessary, just keep walking to your van.
You're gonna get worn out no matter what you do. Going between IOA/USF and being on your feet will make anyone tired. I'd say to go ahead and pack the cooler.

You can bring in your cooler and just store it in a locker. It has to be a soft-sided cooler however hard sided coolers and over-sized coolers are not allowed.

I always hated the walk from the parking garages, takes way to much time. At least they have the nice moving sidewalks, so you aren't actually "walking". I wish they had some type of other transport system from the parking area to the parks like Disney has.

I actually thought the walk was not bad at all.

We truly enjoyed it. I guess it depends on where they tell you to park. We wound up at ET and Spiderman areas, so it wasn't bad at all.

The walk to me seemed shorted than the TTC system at WDW.
But we walk a lot as a family, so it wasn't bad for us.

Do people bring softsided coolers into the parks? I know at Disney this is not allowed. If they do security checks and open up a bag with a full lunch they let you in with it? I wouldn't want to be embarassed trying to smuggle in contraband! Also, if people do this,where is a good place to eat? I can understand restaurants getting peeved at taking up their tables. Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!