Long time planner, first time visitor!

Oh we will def go back. But maybe not quite as all in as this trip. Or possibly a Dis Cruise next time. We will see how the hubs reacts to this vacay first. I know he is underestimating how amazing it is going to be!!

I did have the chance to go to DTD on a trip, and you should have seen how much I bought then! Haha, so I am gonna be so much worse this time!!

I will put something in the suitcase. Probably my clothes even though all of our clothes will fit into our big one if we wanted. :hyper:

ugh oh.. your in trouble then!!! :rotfl2: Same with us.. we threw in my daughters princess dress in the ONE suitcase.. it was FULL to the brim on the way home..
Hey you never know when your going to get back there right?!?!

Next year we are going to do two days at U.S. so i cannot wait to hear what you have to say about it!!!
YAY on PP+!! get TONS of magic Shots!!!! :wizard:

Suzi: there is one thread i hope you find... Not a PTR or TR. :stir:

Denovagirl said:
They're 50cents plus the penny, right?

The penny ones are. They also have some that are for pressed quarters. I think those are $1.25 ($1 to pay and .25¢ to press).

I am so excited for you!!!! Greg and I were going to do one day at US but I just can't bring myself to pay ~$250 for 1 day!!!!!! So I think we will do Epcot Food and Wine on our "day off". ;)

In the thirties, yeah!!!!:dance3: I KNOW I will not sleep well for at least two months before we go! I will probably also drive everyone around me nutso, but ya know.....oh well!!!!! It's DISNEYWORLD!!!!!! :rotfl:

YIPPIE on getting your PP+ purchased and your Universal tickets. I think you guys will have a much more enjoyable time without the kids. There are so many things that they can NOT do there. I doubt they would really enjoy themselves. I think you will really like HP and Transformers. If you have to skip Spiderman the Transformers ride is very similar but with better visuals. We like Men in Black too. Rip Rock It is good and will probably be one of your longer waits but it constantly loads. We also liked the Dueling Dragons coaster in the HP section. There was barely a wait for that when we were there. If the line is short, sit it the front. You could also hit Margaritaville for lunch when you are going between the parks and go to Three Broomstricks for dinner when you return to IoA

They're 50cents plus the penny, right?
See you got an answer but did you see the pressed penny holder wrappers that you can get customized on the DISign thread? I know, I am not helping with all these extra projects... :rolleyes1

No it's a great idea. make sure you put SOMETHING in the empty luggage...

you WILL go nuts with ALL the store they have.. are you planning to go back again? remember they have items they ONLY sell in Disney v/s the local Stores and the web. So if you see something you love and want.. Get it. I made the mistake of seeing something.. I said na.. i will let the kids get something. I thought about it for so long. we were lucky enough to go back and i DID buy it...

I am such a pusher..
Good idea about putting something in the empty suitcase or you could put a "full" suitcase inside the empty one (less to keep track of on the way out).

Also, when shopping in WDW you can return something to any store for a refund. So if you see something you think you want, just get it. If you change your mind you can return it at the gift shop at your hotel. You can double check at the store when you buy it. I bought something at the Contemporary and returned it one monorail ride away at the Poly. Of course I love using the delivery service so I don't have to carry my purchases around all day.

:cool1: Yay your trip is so close!

That's great that everything is paid-off! What an awesome feeling- now there's nothing left to worry about- just fun to plan for! :goodvibes

We preordered PP+ last time and we loved having it! We stopped for just about every photographer too :rotfl2: and ended up with over 1,000 pictures. Definitely got our money's worth!

We did both Universal parks in one day on our trip in January. I think it was a really good idea not to take the kids with you. My DBF's 2 year old niece was with us when we went and there really wasn't a whole lot for her to do, other than the designated kid areas. She spent 95% of the day sitting in her stroller waiting for us to ride things. Even the shows we stopped for weren't great for her. There was fire and loud noises and she was scared most of the time.

That said, you should have no problems doing everything that you want to do in one day. I don't know what the crowd levels were when we were there but the only things we waited on line for were in Harry Potter word because we didn't head there first because I was the only Harry Potter fan in the group. :confused3

Even with the baby we did Hulk, Storm Force Acceletron (basically fancy teacups that I wish we hadn't done), Spiderman, Dr Dooms FreeFall, Jurassic Park River Adventure, Harry Potter world, the Eighth Voyage of Sinbad Stunt Show and Poseidon's Fury (which is described on their website as a special effects spectacular and DBF's brother told us it was so cool we couldn't skip it, but it was pretty long with a lot of standing around and waiting and it was alright but I didn't see anything too amazing about it so I would say you could skip it). Then we rode a few things in Seussland and spent some time in the candy store and the baby met some characters. For just the two of you, I think you would probably enjoy walking through here because it's amazingly well-done but not spend any real time here and we left IoA before 3.

We had eaten a really early lunch in IoA so when we left, we stopped for food/snacks on Citywalk on the way over to Universal Studios. I'd say we took a break sitting in the air-conditioning for a good 45 minutes to an hour because the baby fell asleep and we were all pretty worn out.

So then we headed over to Universal Studios and did Shrek 4-D, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit x 2, Revenge of the Mummy (twice due to child swap), Twister and Men in Black x2 before it was time to see the nighttime show and the park was closed. We didn't make it to everything in USO but DBF and I had just been there and the other adults we were with cared more about IoA. Plus, we stopped a lot with the baby to rest and change her, etc.

Sorry, that ended up being a lot longer than I had planned. I wanted to go back through everything we did to make the point that you should most definitely be able to do all of your must-dos and more. I definitely recommend hitting Harry Potter world first because that's pretty much the only place we hit really long lines.

We took the Mears shuttle on our first trip and we found it great. The only thing I would say is, if you want to get there for park opening, just make sure you schedule an early enough shuttle because they can stop for other families on the way. We took it twice on our first trip and the first day we had the shuttle to ourselves and the second day we stopped at 2 other hotels after ours and barely made it there for park opening. As far as coming back, I had already scheduled our pick-up time ahead of time and then when we were in the park, we realized we would be done earlier than we had thought so I called them and was able to move our pick-up time to 90 minutes after I called. So you should definitely have enough flexibility! I would probably say call when you're part of the way through with dinner so that you're not rushing to get through your meal to make your pick-up time and if anything, you can always spend some time exploring Citywalk after the meal. Plus, it's a little bit of a hike to the area where the shuttles come!

Sorry for the essay, I hope some of that helps! :goodvibes

I am so excited for you!!!! Greg and I were going to do one day at US but I just can't bring myself to pay ~$250 for 1 day!!!!!! So I think we will do Epcot Food and Wine on our "day off". ;)

In the thirties, yeah!!!!:dance3: I KNOW I will not sleep well for at least two months before we go! I will probably also drive everyone around me nutso, but ya know.....oh well!!!!! It's DISNEYWORLD!!!!!! :rotfl:

Gah- don't remind me, I know it would have made financial since to do a 2 or 3 day, but who wants to leave Disney for that long?!?!! They're lucky the HP or I wouldn't give up a day! And we have Sea World here in San Antonio and we always have passes there so it's not even a thought to visit down there, though a lot of people do.

My sentiments exactly on the sleep/eating/dreaming of Disney haze that I'm in...I've decided to just own it! ;)

YIPPIE on getting your PP+ purchased and your Universal tickets. I think you guys will have a much more enjoyable time without the kids. There are so many things that they can NOT do there. I doubt they would really enjoy themselves. I think you will really like HP and Transformers. If you have to skip Spiderman the Transformers ride is very similar but with better visuals. We like Men in Black too. Rip Rock It is good and will probably be one of your longer waits but it constantly loads. We also liked the Dueling Dragons coaster in the HP section. There was barely a wait for that when we were there. If the line is short, sit it the front. You could also hit Margaritaville for lunch when you are going between the parks and go to Three Broomstricks for dinner when you return to IoA

See you got an answer but did you see the pressed penny holder wrappers that you can get customized on the DISign thread? I know, I am not helping with all these extra projects... :rolleyes1

Good idea about putting something in the empty suitcase or you could put a "full" suitcase inside the empty one (less to keep track of on the way out).

Also, when shopping in WDW you can return something to any store for a refund. So if you see something you think you want, just get it. If you change your mind you can return it at the gift shop at your hotel. You can double check at the store when you buy it. I bought something at the Contemporary and returned it one monorail ride away at the Poly. Of course I love using the delivery service so I don't have to carry my purchases around all day.

Yea that's how I felt about going to Universal with the kids, there wasn't much to do for them anyway, so well just enjoy it and they'll have a blast hanging at the pool anyway!

I'm considering the pressed penny thing- yes I've seen the holders, they're awesome and I have some empty m&m things saved just in case...just not sure if having the passport and autograph book and pin trading is already too much and will suck a lot of time or what. Not having been before I want to soak it up and not be hell bent on seeking out all these things, because I'm sort of all or nothing, if I decide to do if I kinda get carried away and throw my whole heart in! I'm afraid ill turn into the penny/autograph crazy person! Haha...

Awesome tip on the returning! I hadn't given it much thought and that really puts me at ease. In prefer to look things over and buy at the end if my trip, but most places we will only go once, so now I won't have to fret! If I find something else I love more I will return it! Thanks a lot!!! :)

That's great that everything is paid-off! What an awesome feeling- now there's nothing left to worry about- just fun to plan for! :goodvibes

We preordered PP+ last time and we loved having it! We stopped for just about every photographer too :rotfl2: and ended up with over 1,000 pictures. Definitely got our money's worth!

We did both Universal parks in one day on our trip in January. I think it was a really good idea not to take the kids with you. My DBF's 2 year old niece was with us when we went and there really wasn't a whole lot for her to do, other than the designated kid areas. She spent 95% of the day sitting in her stroller waiting for us to ride things. Even the shows we stopped for weren't great for her. There was fire and loud noises and she was scared most of the time.

That said, you should have no problems doing everything that you want to do in one day. I don't know what the crowd levels were when we were there but the only things we waited on line for were in Harry Potter word because we didn't head there first because I was the only Harry Potter fan in the group. :confused3

Even with the baby we did Hulk, Storm Force Acceletron (basically fancy teacups that I wish we hadn't done), Spiderman, Dr Dooms FreeFall, Jurassic Park River Adventure, Harry Potter world, the Eighth Voyage of Sinbad Stunt Show and Poseidon's Fury (which is described on their website as a special effects spectacular and DBF's brother told us it was so cool we couldn't skip it, but it was pretty long with a lot of standing around and waiting and it was alright but I didn't see anything too amazing about it so I would say you could skip it). Then we rode a few things in Seussland and spent some time in the candy store and the baby met some characters. For just the two of you, I think you would probably enjoy walking through here because it's amazingly well-done but not spend any real time here and we left IoA before 3.

We had eaten a really early lunch in IoA so when we left, we stopped for food/snacks on Citywalk on the way over to Universal Studios. I'd say we took a break sitting in the air-conditioning for a good 45 minutes to an hour because the baby fell asleep and we were all pretty worn out.

So then we headed over to Universal Studios and did Shrek 4-D, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit x 2, Revenge of the Mummy (twice due to child swap), Twister and Men in Black x2 before it was time to see the nighttime show and the park was closed. We didn't make it to everything in USO but DBF and I had just been there and the other adults we were with cared more about IoA. Plus, we stopped a lot with the baby to rest and change her, etc.

Sorry, that ended up being a lot longer than I had planned. I wanted to go back through everything we did to make the point that you should most definitely be able to do all of your must-dos and more. I definitely recommend hitting Harry Potter world first because that's pretty much the only place we hit really long lines.

We took the Mears shuttle on our first trip and we found it great. The only thing I would say is, if you want to get there for park opening, just make sure you schedule an early enough shuttle because they can stop for other families on the way. We took it twice on our first trip and the first day we had the shuttle to ourselves and the second day we stopped at 2 other hotels after ours and barely made it there for park opening. As far as coming back, I had already scheduled our pick-up time ahead of time and then when we were in the park, we realized we would be done earlier than we had thought so I called them and was able to move our pick-up time to 90 minutes after I called. So you should definitely have enough flexibility! I would probably say call when you're part of the way through with dinner so that you're not rushing to get through your meal to make your pick-up time and if anything, you can always spend some time exploring Citywalk after the meal. Plus, it's a little bit of a hike to the area where the shuttles come!

That was just what I needed to hear. I know exactly how much a 2 year old slows you down and I can see how we will be just fine! I want I do as much as possible, but really there's not a ton on my must do list anyway. Great to hear about your positive experience with the shuttle, it was my main hesitation, not having really heard anyone's experience. Park opens at 9am and I was thinking of scheduling pick up at the 7:25 spot, do you think that'd be good?

Also thanks for the tip on that poisedons fury- I was mildly curious but don't want a time suck if its not amazing!

Oh and I really want to enjoy a margarita or two..or three (this will be my actual birthday) so in thinking lunch wouldn't be good as
I would probably get dehydrated and feel a little icky in the heat of the day- my only reason for hoping to get there for dinner specifically, hahaha! I do wonder if I will need a reservation tho...it a Monday...hmmmmmph

I haven't been to universal in years...I had no idea it was so expensive now! do they still have the men in black ride? we loved that! I want to go back sometime--dying to see the harry potter stuff! but, right now, we'd rather spend the time at Disney. one of these years we need to go back and do all the other stuff, like universal and sea world, too. I think it's awesome your family will watch the kiddos for you that day. you'll have so much fun, and so will they! I know I wouldn't pass up a day at the pool! :thumbsup2

why did you decide to do photopass+? I've been trying to decide between that and just regular ol' photopass and just wondered what sold you on it.

I've never heard of strollers and groceries. that's a cool service. I was going to order groceries on this trip, but decided to just pack some stuff. we have 2 breakfast ADRs and are going over to PORFQ for beignets one morning, so I decided it didn't make sense to order a lot. my plan is to switch the space the food takes up for souvenirs we buy. hopefully we don't go too crazy shopping! :rotfl:

and....I totally sang final countdown with ya! :cool1:

I haven't been to universal in years...I had no idea it was so expensive now! do they still have the men in black ride? we loved that! I want to go back sometime--dying to see the harry potter stuff! but, right now, we'd rather spend the time at Disney. one of these years we need to go back and do all the other stuff, like universal and sea world, too. I think it's awesome your family will watch the kiddos for you that day. you'll have so much fun, and so will they! I know I wouldn't pass up a day at the pool! :thumbsup2

why did you decide to do photopass+? I've been trying to decide between that and just regular ol' photopass and just wondered what sold you on it.

I've never heard of strollers and groceries. that's a cool service. I was going to order groceries on this trip, but decided to just pack some stuff. we have 2 breakfast ADRs and are going over to PORFQ for beignets one morning, so I decided it didn't make sense to order a lot. my plan is to switch the space the food takes up for souvenirs we buy. hopefully we don't go too crazy shopping! :rotfl:

and....I totally sang final countdown with ya! :cool1:

They do still have the MIB ride! I can't wait to try it!

I really decided to do photopass+ because of the ride photos and we can use it 3 of our meals for the photo packages as well. I already knew I would for sure but a Splash Mountain pic, because I actually already have a SM frame I bought at a yard sale! (Score!) I figured I would spring for it!

Strollers & Groceries I read about on someones blog, and worked out to be a bit cheaper than kingdom strollers and the grocery delivery was free if you rented a stroller so that worked out better than garden grocer. Since then, kingdom strollers and S&G have joined together...haha...

Glad I am not the only one singing that song! :hyper:

:wave:
Hola! Been running around the past couple of days getting it done, for real! I seriously had a long list of things we needed to pick up for our trip and I got almost all of it. I am missing 1 thing only, rain ponchos, which I keep wanting to grab at WalMart and never remember, despite my being in there at least 3 times a week. Maybe I will just go to Amazon....{sigh}

But anyway. I told you how I ordered food from S&G, and that was mainly stuff that'd be too heavy (case of h2o) or needed to be cold (cream cheese) but I couldn't bring myself to pay the high mark ups on dry snacks. So I grabbed those this weekend too...

Please don't judge!! :confused3

I promise, we do NOT usually have these items in our home. In fact, I am quite the strict shopper, only buying fresh, organic, non processed items. (Which my family just loooves me for {sarcastic}) So this truly is a vacation in so many ways. I am actually a little worried for stomach issues because of the diet change, haha.

But, what I really was curious about is how you think I should pack this?? Leave as is and throw in the checked suitcase that we will use for souvenirs on the way home? Or open it all and put in ziplock bags and keep in the carry-ons? Does it matter with the airline to take this much food? I have never really traveled with so many snacks before! I know I was going to open some and throw a few in the kids airplane busy bags, but that is as far as my plan goes.

A couple of other questions I had this weekend...

When does the magical express packet usually come in the mail with the luggage tags? Just curious, I am waiting on it...

I got an email today saying my PP+ shipped...does it ship? I just assumed I would get a card or what not when I checked in. I didn't think they sent me anything ahead of time. So a little clarification on that would be great!

Other than that the days are actually sailing by okay. I can not wait for this week, I have some fun stuff coming in the mail/being picked up that I think you guys will LOVE! Eeep! :hourglass

:wave:
Hola! Been running around the past couple of days getting it done, for real! I seriously had a long list of things we needed to pick up for our trip and I got almost all of it. I am missing 1 thing only, rain ponchos, which I keep wanting to grab at WalMart and never remember, despite my being in there at least 3 times a week. Maybe I will just go to Amazon....{sigh}

But anyway. I told you how I ordered food from S&G, and that was mainly stuff that'd be too heavy (case of h2o) or needed to be cold (cream cheese) but I couldn't bring myself to pay the high mark ups on dry snacks. So I grabbed those this weekend too...

Please don't judge!! :confused3

I promise, we do NOT usually have these items in our home. In fact, I am quite the strict shopper, only buying fresh, organic, non processed items. (Which my family just loooves me for {sarcastic}) So this truly is a vacation in so many ways. I am actually a little worried for stomach issues because of the diet change, haha.

But, what I really was curious about is how you think I should pack this?? Leave as is and throw in the checked suitcase that we will use for souvenirs on the way home? Or open it all and put in ziplock bags and keep in the carry-ons? Does it matter with the airline to take this much food? I have never really traveled with so many snacks before! I know I was going to open some and throw a few in the kids airplane busy bags, but that is as far as my plan goes.

A couple of other questions I had this weekend...

When does the magical express packet usually come in the mail with the luggage tags? Just curious, I am waiting on it...

I got an email today saying my PP+ shipped...does it ship? I just assumed I would get a card or what not when I checked in. I didn't think they sent me anything ahead of time. So a little clarification on that would be great!

Other than that the days are actually sailing by okay. I can not wait for this week, I have some fun stuff coming in the mail/being picked up that I think you guys will LOVE! Eeep! :hourglass

First of all... I am a HUGE h2Oh! drinker too!!! Live on the stuff - ever since I stopped drinking soda. I have a bottle right here next to me - Lemon Lime flavor. <---- I wish I could find a way to ship a case to the resort!

For our 2008 trip, I packed an entire suitcase full of snacks, and put it in our checked luggage (be careful - things like PB are likely to get searched, and will get thrown because it's a "liquid" in your carry on)... The only problem we had, was that I packed waaaaaay too many, and then we didn't have enough room for souvenirs when we came home. LOL

PHotopass+ is actually a CARD that they mail to you... The plus portion is very important - that card must go with you on your trip so they can add your ride/meal photos to it.

I think I answered everything? Feel free to correct me if I am wrong on the pHotopass+ portion.

D~

DMGeurts said:
First of all... I am a HUGE h2Oh! drinker too!!! Live on the stuff - ever since I stopped drinking soda. I have a bottle right here next to me - Lemon Lime flavor. <---- I wish I could find a way to ship a case to the resort!

For our 2008 trip, I packed an entire suitcase full of snacks, and put it in our checked luggage (be careful - things like PB are likely to get searched, and will get thrown because it's a "liquid" in your carry on)... The only problem we had, was that I packed waaaaaay too many, and then we didn't have enough room for souvenirs when we came home. LOL

PHotopass+ is actually a CARD that they mail to you... The plus portion is very important - that card must go with you on your trip so they can add your ride/meal photos to it.

I think I answered everything? Feel free to correct me if I am wrong on the pHotopass+ portion.

D~

I got my photopass + and I got a letter, a cd of stock photos and a voucher that I need to bring to get the card once I am at wdw.

I would probably pack most of the snacks in the checked suitcase and just put a few that you want your kids to have for the plane in the carry ons.

As for the photo pass plus, they send you a voucher attached to a CD full of stock photos. The voucher is extremely important as that is what you'll exchange for your red PP+ card at any PP location. They have them in each park, at DTD and a few deluxe hotels. Inside the CD case is another paper with a code you'll use when you get back and are ordering your CD. Put it in as a promo code so you don't have to re-pay for the CD at checkout.

Thanks for all the info guys! I think I will pack the snacks in the checked bag, and the info on the PP+ clears that up!

Did anyone have an idea of when they send the magical express stuff out?

Just starting some other PTRs on the boards and I LOVE yours! I can't wait to continue to watch/read your planning continue and then your trip unfold! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter