log home pics

Discussion in 'Camping Community Board' started by Shannone1, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Shannone1

Shannone1 <font color=green>Don't sweat the small stuff<br><

Here are some of the interior pics I promised. My connection is slow so the pictures are a little fuzzy on my end. Hopefully they are ok on your end ;) Sorry there are so many...it was hard to decide which ones to show you. I have about 20 more I didn't even use, lol.

[​IMG]

The main floor great room is made up of four areas that are all open to each other. Living room, dining room, kitchen and "den" where we have the pool table.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The loft area on the 2nd floor consists of the large loft, 2 bedrooms, an office and 2 bathrooms....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The last pictures are of the finished lower level....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. g8trmom1

g8trmom1 <font color=darkorchid>Hi, I'm Gatordad's wife....

Holy Canoli!
    Your house is GORGEOUS!! and Huge!!!
    Best of luck in your new home! May you fill it with a lifetime of family memories!!!:goodvibes

4. Gatordad

Gatordad <font color=blue>Hates WDW<br><marquee behavior=al

i just you know what.

5. terri01p

terri01p DIS Veteran

I love your house it is beautiful, you have so much to be thankful for ! :love:

6. Rhonda

Rhonda <marquee><font color=red>Quote of the Day: <font

Can I come live with you? :lovestruc

7. big kahuna1

big kahuna1 DIS Veteran

BEAUTIFUL! Makes me want to build on our property in KY but just can't swing it right now...I'm jealous.:thumbsup2

8. PolynesianPixie

PolynesianPixie <font color=blue>Creating my own fairy tale realit

Wow! Spectacular! It is SO beautiful!

9. lucy_love

lucy_love DIS Veteran

That is the coolest house I have ever seen! WOW!!!

10. Tent Camping Mom

Tent Camping Mom <font color=blue>Sleeping Under the Stars<br><font

So beautiful and cozy!
    My retirement home is going to have a big screen
    theater room like your's! That is awesome!

11. tellnotails

tellnotails I would have 10,000 posts......but 4 out of 5 get

damn girl...........you must love to dust......;)

cool house......:cool2:

12. Shannone1

Thanks everyone...we do love it. It is actually SMALLER than our old house by 2500 sq ft. 5 years ago when real estate was booming here our business was huge and we were rolling in money. We could afford a 7000 sq ft home with all of the toys to go along with it.

These days we are downsizing so that we can afford to do the things that are most important to us....like camping !! No more snowmobiles, four wheelers, pool, jacuzzi, rooms in the house we never even use. We've already decided even when the real estate market picks up again eventually...we aren't going back to that lifestyle. We had people helping us with cleaning, landscaping, outside Christmas decorations, etc. It was fun while it lasted....but it wasn't really *us*.

This house is 4500 sq ft including the lower level and it just right for the 5 of us. We still have room to entertain and have parties...but not so much that it is wasted space and too hard to keep up with. We can maintain it ourselves and our monthly bills are half of what they were a year ago.

We feel very blessed to have been able to hang in there and had the option of finding another nice home to live in. It's tough out there right now and while we've had to sell most of our toys, cut back on vacations and make lifestyle changes, we still have what really matters. I know so many people that haven't fared as well in these hard times. :sad2:

13. jrandtysmom

jrandtysmom I'm not cool enough for the Tag Fairy...or maybe I

Are you looking to adopt? Because I know a great gal and 2 wonderful little boys that you would :love: and they could be packed in an hour and on their way to your beautiful home...I mean family! ;)

14. loveDmouse

loveDmouse <font color=red>Mickey was first<br><font color=ro

Your house is beautiful. :thumbsup2
    A log home is my dream home. They are just gorgeous.

15. PolynesianPixie

PolynesianPixie <font color=blue>Creating my own fairy tale realit

Goodness girl! My family of 5 has a 4,000 sq ft house on 6 acres and I think it's too much! I keep thinking we need to downsize as it is. We bought one this big so all our family could come visit, but there is space we don't often use. I'm thinking the next time we have to move, we need a little yard, no pool, less house and a really nice sofa bed :laughing: ! Of course, ours looks ghetto compared to yours.....if mine looked that good I'd probably deal with it! :lmao:

16. RvUsa

RvUsa <font color=blue>John, the special Dis'r formerly

My log home could fit in your log homes living room! :lmao: Dang, I feel like I went out in the back yard and chopped down some twigs and made a little twig shack compared to yours!!!!

Did I see that you like to throw parties? We are only 4 hrs away... hint hint hint!!!

17. Shannone1

Well...we did not build this home. We didn't even design it so don't give me too much credit. We bought it from the builder/owner. ;)

We do have big parties....NYE, Superbowl, summer BBQ's with bonfires and outside activities, Thanksgiving, etc. We have a lot of friends and we always seem to host the get togethers, which we don't mind. The more the merrier :)

18. RvUsa

Cool, the camper will be packed LOL. My Dad and I built our house, we got a kit, and did everything ourselves except the concrete work in the basement.

Did you read my post about the checking of the logs? I can't wait till one BOOMS in the middle of the night, and you post what happened on here....:lmao::lmao::rotfl:

19. Shannone1

We'll already have one friend crashing in the driveway with their PUP that weekend....what's one more ?? Just bring a dish to pass and some play clothes for the water gun battle :woohoo:

I did read that post and I'm trying NOT to think about loud booms in the middle of the night.

What kind of logs did you use ?? These are Canadian Spruce. Maybe ours are "non booming" :lmao:

20. RvUsa

Southern Yellow Pine, our home is made with "D" logs, so they are milled flat on the inside, with 45 degree bevels on each edge.... (wife says that they are perfect dust collectors) Like I said, our house is kinda like a little shack you might have by your pool for the gardener to change clothes in LOL ;)

Trust me, your logs will check, if you look at some of the pictures that you posted that show the ends of the logs, the cracks that you see are checks, and when a log decides to do that, its LOUD! But from the looks of things, you house is at least 4 yrs old, (by the # and size of the existing checks) so you probably won't have many more.

21. Just Beachy

Just Beachy <font color=blue>When I do indulge I love a pina c

That is one awesome home! Absolutely gorgeous!