• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

LOEMH ...any reports?

I can NOT wait to go to this with my kids! I'm definately more excited than they are!
Hey, Marcia- we're from the same county!!!!!!:thumbsup2

they will absolutely love it! (and so will you!)

and how funny, bergen county, yeah baby! i'm in park ridge :)

Does anyone know if Ariel's Grotto is open during this time, or what time it does open on those days and regular days?:goodvibes

No, it is not open for the LOEMH.

I wonder if I can go without any little ones, because after all, aren't we all children at heart at Disney??:goodvibes

Of course!

what time does LOEMH start? Is it 1 hour prior to opening? What if there is regular EMH?

It would not be on the same day as a regular EMH.

i saw alice, peter pan, captain hook, winnie the pooh, tigger, chip & dale, mary poppins, stitch, minnie, daisy, maybe more that aren't coming to me right now!

it was just so precious, lots of duck duck goose goings on, alice and peter were running around, mary poppins seemed to be off by herself for a while over by the pooh ride, then when the kids noticed her, they were playing games. chip & dale went on the carousel with us. stitch came into the line for dumbo. overall just very interactive. and not crowded. nobody was left out. and there were virtually no lines for the rides. i just can't say enough about this.

Thanks for posting this! I've been wondering who would be there. Was Handy Manny there too? My 3 year old really wants to meet him, and I was hoping they'd bring him out for LOEMH.

Thanks for posting this! I've been wondering who would be there. Was Handy Manny there too? My 3 year old really wants to meet him, and I was hoping they'd bring him out for LOEMH.
I don't think I have ever seen any Playhouse Disney Characters at MK. We have only seem them at MGM. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

I'm not trying to get flamed or anything. BUT I thought LOEMH was just for little ones??? :confused3 Like the toddler set and such????

I don't think I have ever seen any Playhouse Disney Characters at MK. We have only seem them at MGM. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Someone mentioned a while back that they thought it a possibility that Handy Manny would be at LOEMH. They had no "inside knowledge" but just sugggested it. So I thought I would ask just in case.

Handy Manny did appear by the Toontown sign a few times, but, alas, that was many months ago (I read about it here on Dis). I don't think he's been spotted anywhere else recently. I'm also hoping he'll make an appearance at the Halloween party--my son wants to see him so bad!

I'm not trying to get flamed or anything. BUT I thought LOEMH was just for little ones??? :confused3 Like the toddler set and such????

It's geared towards the little ones, but all on-site guests can attend. To be honest, I can't picture many "adult only" groups or families with older kids/teens would even want to attend, since characters don't do autographs and only Fantasyland rides are open. I certainly wouldn't get up early for it if it wasn't for the fact that I know my kids will love it. So I don't think it's an issue at all for people without little ones to attend--reports have been that it's very uncrowded.:thumbsup2

I don't want to get flamed either, but why do they call it Little Ones Magic Hour if it's for everybody? What's the difference in LOEMH and EMH, if it's for everyone?

I don't want to get flamed either, but why do they call it Little Ones Magic Hour if it's for everybody? What's the difference in LOEMH and EMH, if it's for everyone?

For the LOEMH just Fantasyland is open. For a regular EMH more is available.

Hey Guys-
What is LOEMH? I will going to Disney in October and was wondering if this is something I should take part in.

I would be annoyed if it ended up being crowded, and there were waits for the rides. If it's as slow and magical that everybody keeps saying, I guess I don't care. I have 3 little ones, and have gone to Disney a lot before they were born, and would never go during a "LITTLE ONES extra magic hour." But that is only because it is very early, and I wouldn't even think we would be allowed to enter without little ones.

I would be annoyed if it ended up being crowded, and there were waits for the rides. If it's as slow and magical that everybody keeps saying, I guess I don't care. I have 3 little ones, and have gone to Disney a lot before they were born, and would never go during a "LITTLE ONES extra magic hour." But that is only because it is very early, and I wouldn't even think we would be allowed to enter without little ones.
That's kind of what I thought, that it was just for little ones. Then a number of posters said all on-site resort guests can enter. That's why I wondered why they would call it LOEMH, if it's for everybody? That's a little confusing to the people like you and I, who have little ones, and expect it to be something for little kids and then you show up and it's not. Oh well, a number of people have said this should be a slow time and the lines hopefully will still be low. We leave in 2 weeks! Can't hardly wait!

That's kind of what I thought, that it was just for little ones. Then a number of posters said all on-site resort guests can enter. That's why I wondered why they would call it LOEMH, if it's for everybody? That's a little confusing to the people like you and I, who have little ones, and expect it to be something for little kids and then you show up and it's not. Oh well, a number of people have said this should be a slow time and the lines hopefully will still be low. We leave in 2 weeks! Can't hardly wait!

Well I think the problem would be where do you draw the line? I have kids aged 7, 4 and 2. So my 7yr old can't go but the rest can? Or how about, your 7 yr old can't go but mine can because she is part of a family with little ones? Or my sister who is there at the same time, but doesn't have children, can't come? See...it just compounds. I think most people get the spirit of the event and let the little ones have their fun time with the characters. We are trying it on 9/28 and if it works out well, we'll go again on 9/30. If it is too crowded, we'll just skip it.

Will you post when you get back? I'd love to hear how it works out. Have fun!!

Sorry- had to chime in. To answer all those questions of "Why do they call it Little Ones EMH?"

The reason it is called Little Ones Extra Magic Hours is..drumroll...marketing! This is part of the Magical Beginnings initiative that is trying to drive park / resort attendance during this slow time of year. The idea is to sell WDW to parents whose kids are not yet school age. This is the reason they have the playhouse disney concerts at MGM, and the reason for the LOEMH. Though they allow everyone into the LOEMH, it is geared towards the kids. As PP have said, only fantasyland is open, lots of characters are out, but they spend there time playing with kids. While everyone is allowed, most Adults would not be interested in this EMH, so to ensure people know it is focused on "little ones".

I am really excited about LOEMH, we will be attending on 9/28. The idea of characters just out interacting with people instead of having to queue up to see them is wonderful. I would consider going if I didn't have kids, but with my DD4, I wouldn't miss it. (Same day as the only MNSSHP that week, so I'm thinking very few people will be attending, since many will already be paying to stay late in the park that night!)

SkierPete

PS - See you there, Susan!

We just got back and went to LOMH 3 times. The only thing I was disappointed in that it was always the same characters each time. When we went last year, we saw different characters on different days.

This year Stitch rode the Dumbo ride and was out and about. Alice, the Mad Hatter and Mary Poppins roamed around. Mickey, Pluto and maybe someone else played games-duck duck goose and so did Peter Pan, Wendy and Captain Hook. Pooh and Tigger played games at the Pooh playground.

My older daughter, who is 4, loved it. Most of the games are geared towards the little ones. The characters interact more than at a plain character meet and greet.

Is this a new thing DW is doing all year round or just at certain times of the year? We will be there in May next year and I would love to take my two children!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter