Lobster on every cruise?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by irishtwins1112, Mar 29, 2013.

1. irishtwins1112

irishtwins1112 Mouseketeer

Is lobster an option at least once while you are on any length cruise? We are going on a 4 day and I was just curious because my husband loves lobster.:thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Sorry, they only have the whole lobster night (or is it just tails? I don't eat lobster) on 7 night cruises or more. But there are options that contain lobster.

4. irishtwins1112

irishtwins1112 Mouseketeer

Well poop!:sad1:

5. Melissa S

Melissa S DIS Veteran

Don't worry you won't be missing anything. I am a HUGE lobster fan and I hated the lobster on the ship. They don't serve Maine lobster and the preparation was terrible. I think they do it on purpose to save money lol.

6. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

See, I love ALL lobster, including the baked rock lobster on DCL. ;)

7. carpenta

carpenta DIS Veteran

It's a frozen South African warm water lobster tail.....overcooked and rubbery.....not the real Maine lobster....

8. MikeAndNick

MikeAndNick If you can dream it, you can do it.

Thank you very much Melissa. I have always thought it was me. I like lobster but have never liked it on the cruise. I always order a good steak with my lobster and seldom eat the entire lobster.

9. Siliobear

Siliobear Mouseketeer

Too bad. We're leaving for a 3 nite cruise and was hoping for lobster (even if it's mediocre). Last year on our 7 nite cruise, I asked our server to sing HB when he served the lobster to my son since he's not a dessert person. A memorable moment!

10. PirateLife4Me:)

PirateLife4Me:) Mouseketeer

I once spent lobster night in palo and they prepared it way better then the MDR

11. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

"Real Maine lobster"? All lobster is "real", unless DCL invented a food replicator like on Star Trek and I missed the announcement. It's not what many Americans are USED to eating as lobster, but that doesn't make it fake lobster.

12. Ready to go

Ready to go Mouseketeer

I must be easy to please....I thought the lobster was good and so did all my tablemates, who had at least two tails!!!!:confused3

13. carpenta

carpenta DIS Veteran

Yea............. O.K...............Whatever..........."used"?..........glass houses?...........

14. ilovetexas

ilovetexas DIS Veteran

It's always bad. On every line we've sailed...including Celebrity last week. Overcooked, rubbery....and that was in BLU, which has excellent food.

You won't be missing anything.

15. OrcaPotter

OrcaPotter Lucky to be local to the Mouse

As what always seems necessary to say, food preferences are subjective. I rarely eat lobster, so whatever lobster I get, I think is fantastic. I've always loved the lobster served on my cruises. Unfortunately, no tails on a 4 night but there were options that served lobster pieces (such as pasta and appetizers). I have enjoyed those, while I have missed having a whole tail. I'm looking forward to "lobster night" on my 7-night Alaska in June. I say, make your own decision as to whether or not the lobster is "good."

16. Mickeyhugger

Mickeyhugger DIS Veteran

Really?

I've yet to ever dine in Palo on (formal) lobster night, but I might now want to move my current Palo reservation!:earsgirl:

Thanks!

17. MillauFr

MillauFr Buzz & Woody

If you want lobster just go to Costco. They usually have them and they are very easy to prepare. They key is to not overcook them like Disney does. I can't stand those pieces of rubber. The chicken fingers have more flavor than the Disney "lobsters"

18. mickey2000

mickey2000 Pin trader

Sorry mine was perfect !:laughing::laughing::laughing:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

20. tajz90

tajz90 Mama D

We had lobster on our 1st 4 night cruise with DCL. Sadly, I can't remember if it was served on the Dream.
    Sad that they no longer have the option :(

21. mbrocker

mbrocker Mouseketeer

Ummm.. your second pic isn't lobster. :lmao:

Though, I'm sure you knew that. That said.. do you get the king crab @ palo? Forget the lobster, pre-cracked king crab legs? SIGN ME UP.