Liz & ****

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by smkiya, Nov 25, 2012.

1. smkiya

smkiya <font color=deeppink>Sorta new. ;) Still gets a ta

Anyone watching tonight? I set my DVR last week when I saw the commercial. It looks like it will be good.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cornflake

cornflake DIS Veteran

Heh, I was just discussing that with a friend last night who wants to watch. Looks to be kind of epically hilarious.

4. sunshinehighway

sunshinehighway DIS Veteran

Its supposed to be terrible, at least that's what the reviews say. I will watch. I'm hoping its so bad its funny.

5. smkiya

smkiya <font color=deeppink>Sorta new. ;) Still gets a ta

Yes, it will be interesting watchin Lindsay Lohan in this role. I saw a recent interview with her talking about it and she is still (for lack of a better word), a mess.

6. mhsjax

mhsjax DIS Veteran

I will be watching. I don't listen to anything the critics say, usually if they love it . I hate it and if they hate it, I love it.

7. Jeafl

Jeafl <font color=red>Has an emergency auto hammer & kno

What struck me from the commercials is how old Lindsey Lohan looks, and not just because of the makeup they used to "age" her. She just doesn't look like a typical 24 year old or however old she is. She definitely looks "worn" for lack of a better word.

I am not a fan of Lindsey's, but I think Elizabeth Taylor had an interesting life so I will probably DVR it.

8. shortbun

shortbun <font color=green>Peacenik<br><font color=purple><

I'm recording a 11:03pm showing. I didn't want to stop any of my other Sunday night shows but I've always been interested in Elizabeth Taylor. Lindsay Lohan, not so much.

9. EMom

EMom <font color=red>Comes from a long line of all fork

My mother used to say, "Rode hard and put up wet," which is a phrase used for a horse, but fits when a woman looks particularly ragged. :lmao:

10. MomofKatie

MomofKatie Dairy World? Fairy World! OH, DARN IT!!

So far, everything I've read about Liz & **** says it is bad. Laughably bad. Ridiculously bad. So-bad-it's-good-bad. I am going to DVR it!! :cool1:

Looks like if Lindsay Lohan thought this movie was going to be her comeback role, she was mistaken- girl is still a hot mess, bless her heart.

11. lizabu

lizabu Disney Maniac

I've got my PVR set too. Critics are saying it's really bad. Nothing like a good trainwreck.

12. belledujour85

belledujour85 Earning My Ears

I'll be watching but it will not be good and it will be a huge mess. I'm just curious to see it all play out. I've also been reading online reviews that are just slamming Lindsay and the film, the guy that's playing Richard Burton is getting off better than Lindsay but this is a Lifetime movie so...
    As someone who is an Elizabeth Taylor fan I was just crushed to find they were going to film this with Lindsay as the title role.

13. Robbi

Robbi DIS Veteran

Liz and **** does not interest me because I don't think I could get past Lindsay Lohan portraying Elizabeth Taylor.

14. phorsenuf

phorsenuf <marquee><font color=blue>Not so New Rule author o

Thanks for that. Set it up for the later time too.

15. focusondisney

focusondisney DIS Veteran

I only saw a commercial, but even that looked bad. Won't even waste DVR space on it!

16. luvmy3

luvmy3 <font color=green>When I drink I find its easier t

Lets just say that if I had to choose between watching that and having my finger nails pulled out, I'd be saving alot on manicures.

17. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

DS came in a while ago and said that people are making fun of Lindsay in this part. It's supposedly as bad as the critics said.

18. nick262

nick262 DIS Veteran

It was God awful. Neither of them did justice to the parts. There was not spark between the two actors and they could not even act like they were in love. The only good thing was they did make her look like Liz but she ruined it by opening her mouth. I am sure that both Liz and Richard are rolling over in their graves. Don't waste the two hours and three minutes, do something more productive like watching paint dry or your lawn grow.

19. pumpkinmomma

pumpkinmomma DIS Veteran

I only made it through the first 30 minutes. Its terrible. There is no chemistry whatsoever. I was completely bored.

I couldn't stand any more after the overdose scene.

20. ilovepcot

ilovepcot <font color=purple>Caused the first ever Tag Fairy

It really was awful. :sad2:

21. Trish.Glenn

Trish.Glenn Mouseketeer

I thought it was bad also but sad too. Sad for Lindsay just sad.