Liz and Scott's May the 4th Be With Us Star Wars Wishes 05.04.16 (NEW: Rings pg.7)

What we're still planning on now is Whitehall Patio for cocktail hour and one of the ball rooms at GF for the reception. My Dad loves that GF is on the water, and my mom loves the grandeur of the property. (How could you not?!) They both also requested that we get the carriage, lol (yeah, we'll see).

We are still waiting on the draft of the contact, I get butterflies when I think about it!

Also, we are very fortunate to have been approached by friends for video and photography services. Our good friend Adam offered to cover our wedding and week of adventures as a gift. He says that filming at WDW would be a dream. His work is really fantastic, so I was bursting at the seams!

Here's a couple samples:

His work has this fantastic cinema feel to it, the fact that he's been a great friend, I know will add a level of intimacy and character that I cannot wait to for him to capture. We are currently still in talks with the Wedding Pavilion folks to see if we can get permission to get a couple of quick shots with a camera drone at dawn of the location. Fingers crossed!

Right now we are looking at having THREE photographers, one primary of course. The pros of being a costumer is knowing people to capture those costumes, I'll share samples of their stuff soon as well. :D

Having friends want to capture the wedding will certainly save some money towards the minimums, which means long term, I suppose we get to spend money on more fun things. Yay!

Last edited:
What we're still planning on now is Whitehall Patio for cocktail hour and one of the ball rooms at GF for the reception. My Dad loves that GF is on the water, and my mom loves the grandeur of the property. (How could you not?!) They both also requested that we get the carriage, lol (yeah, we'll see).

We are still waiting on the draft of the contact, I get butterflies when I think about it!

Also, we are very fortunate to have been approached by friends for video and photography services. Our good friend Adam offered to cover our wedding and week of adventures as a gift. He says that filming at WDW would be a dream. His work is really fantastic, so I was bursting at the seams!

Here's a couple samples:

His work has this fantastic cinema feel to it, the fact that he's been a great friend, I know will add a level of intimacy and character that I cannot wait to for him to capture. We are currently still in talks with the Wedding Pavilion folks to see if we can get permission to get a couple of quick shots with a camera drone at dawn of the location. Fingers crossed!

Right now we are looking at having THREE photographers, one primary of course. The pros of being a costumer is knowing people to capture those costumes, I'll share samples of their stuff soon as well. :D

Having friends want to capture the wedding will certainly save some money towards the minimums, which means long term, I suppose we get to spend money on more fun things. Yay!

Those films are absolutely stunning! I went and watched everything on his website and am considering contacting him for our wedding next year, even though we weren't planning on videography!

Last edited:
Those films are absolutely stunning! I went and watched everything on his website and am considering contacting him for our wedding next year, even though we weren't planning on videography!
He is more than willing to travel! He is also a giant Disney fanatic, let me know if you are interested and I'll put in a good word!

I feel like I'm going crazy waiting for more news from DFTW about our contract! I have gone dress shopping twice now! The first salon carried Alfred Angelo's Disney dresses (I will post these later!).

I am in love with the designer Justin Alexander. Low-and-behold, his favorite salon is here in Colorado! He sends his one of a kinds to this store. I really want to post my contenders for the big day, but I'm pretty sure DF checks this blog. Lol. So maybe I'll post the dresses I'm thinking of while they're hanging up.

The stylists were so excited when I was basically trying on exclusively Justin Alexander ball gowns. So they brought this one-of-a-kind that had just arrived earlier in the day for me to try. Of course I agreed, how could you not?!

drsssss_zpssfrzqwlj.jpg

It was very tight on my ladies, but otherwise fabulous! A very chic dress that I think would be more suitable for a city wedding. Excuse my cheesy grin, hehe!​

Now, here's another idea we're throwing around. DF is jealous men get so few looks to play around with for wedding wear. On a whim I had asked him about wearing an Army uniform for the ceremony. (DF is a very proud, and decorated solider.) So I brought up the idea of the Army "Mess Dress," their version of a tuxedo.

messdress_zpslrdlc4i3.png

Very prince like, huh? :love: I think the combo of a big ball gown and this regal uniform would be just heavenly.

biddy_zpspo1lbnjy.jpg
Here's a DF tax to show how handsome he is in uniform!​

I shall compile some dress pictures to share as well. Oh this is all too fun!

Last edited:

Those videos are just stunning! That'll be so beautiful for your day!

I loooooooooooove servicemen at weddings, I think it's so elegant! And tell DF to stay off your PJ, we want to see your contender (and the one when you pick it!) ;)

He is more than willing to travel! He is also a giant Disney fanatic, let me know if you are interested and I'll put in a good word!

What a sweet offer, I'm going to take you up on that!!! :) I'll PM you my name details and such. :tink:

I love Justin Alexander gowns! And I second Elphie101, tell him he can't read your PJ til after the wedding, so we can see dresses and surprises and such! He's very handsome in uniform! (I'm also a sucker for a man in uniform). ;-)

I just wanted to pop on here really quick to say thank you again for sharing Adam's work! We were able to customize a package and sign a contract over the weekend and I am over the moon happy! :yay:

I love your videographer. His style of filming is right up my alley. DF does look very handsome in his uniform. Like you said, very prince like. Can't wait to see you both on your wedding day.:thumbsup2

I just wanted to pop on here really quick to say thank you again for sharing Adam's work! We were able to customize a package and sign a contract over the weekend and I am over the moon happy! :yay:

AWESOME! His work is really phenomenal! I let him know about your theme and ideas and he's excited. :D

I'll find some time here soon to maybe through together some pictures of my dress contenders. ;) I'm actually super excited. My Mother AND Father took time off to come dress shopping with me next Monday the 27th. I really want to incorporate them into the process. I will see what they have to say about my top three choices. More about that later.

Have some shots of me in the Alfred Angelo "Elsa" dress. I love this gown so very much, but I don't know if it's a "wedding" dress for me.

10407982_10205588540527544_3565764005914776013_n_zpspb0le0u5.jpg

10325564_10205580724812156_8241544823469933379_n_zpszdygunq0.jpg

The Elsa gown is lovely on you (especially with that braid!) I'm excited to see more dress pics :)

Both dresses are beautiful. The Elsa gown looks fabulous on you! You look amazing!

I love the first dress on you! princess:

Justin Alexander is my favourite wedding dress designer as well - but I haven't actually gone and tried on dresses yet... Our wedding isn't planned until next September and I don't want to start too early or I'll love ALL the dresses!!!

Future hubby in his dress mess looks lovely - a regular Prince Charming!

Hi!
First off, congratulations! Second, I got married this year on May the 4th too and we had Star Wars! We also used the wedding pavilion, and the Whitehall room and patio.

I'm so glad I found your planning journal and can't wait to follow along!

Just s tarted following your PJ now. I am LIVING for your Stormtropper outfits and Halo inspired ring!

First of all, thank you all SO MUCH for the nice comments about the Else dress. Omg. It's so pretty, I just don't think it fits the feel of the wedding. I may just eventually buy it anyways. For... reasons. Lol.

Hi!
First off, congratulations! Second, I got married this year on May the 4th too and we had Star Wars! We also used the wedding pavilion, and the Whitehall room and patio.

I'm so glad I found your planning journal and can't wait to follow along!

Oh, yay! We are excited to have the date. Won't ever forget the anniversary! Haha.

Just s tarted following your PJ now. I am LIVING for your Stormtropper outfits and Halo inspired ring!

Thank you so much! We are very into our fiction. I plan on using Halo music in the ceremony!

This is just a placeholder post so I can post the dress shopping posts at the top of page 3!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter