Liz and Scott's May the 4th Be With Us Star Wars Wishes 05.04.16 (NEW: Rings pg.7)

Your wedding sounds like it will be amazing! I can't wait to read more. And you look beautiful in all of the dresses! The back of that long sleeve dress is to die for.

I sketched up this Monogram design a while ago, now to make a more refined version!

12193291_883087118464833_4444182316493307274_n_zps9iuizxs4.jpg

In addition, can anyone recommend a photographer or officiant in the area? (We are not interested in Rev. Tim and so far we've been taking with Roots for a photag.)

I am no help on the officiant front, as we are bringing an ordained friend. As far as photography, I'd recommend the Roots, Cricket's Photography, or Ashley Jane Photography. We only have personal experience with the Roots, but I like the style of all 3 that I mentioned above.

Oh my goodness, I'm going from: Oh I have plenty of time... To: holy crap, it's almost December?!

We are still working on the attendance list, and it does generate some anxiety being out of state. Our list hovers at 70 folks, but really how many are going to be able to book the trip completely? I know it's a big financial expenditure for most of our guests... Eep!

I'm currently finishing our save the dates, those will go out soon (I might as well slide in Christmas cards into the same envelope, lol.) Going to be hopefully putting the deposit down on the dress, officiant and photographer...

We also booked a last minute Planning Session trip! We will be staying at the Pop Century resort. We chose Pop as one of our wedding block hotels, so we thought we should get acquainted for our guests. :)

trip_zpsqimvymhf.jpg

When I caught word that it was the last year for the Osborn family lights, I just had to see them. We also have never been around the Holidays and wanted to experience the magic of the season. We also got to squeeze Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party into our 3 day escape... Just thinking about it makes me all giddy.

Rewind a little bit. I have selected my bride's maids, but I decided to do so as creatively as I could think.

I started with plain wooden boxes from hobby lobby and filled them with a variety of small "magical things. The castles and other Cinderella decals are transfers that I sealed with a clear glossy paint. I tried my hand at calligraphy, not the best, but it sufficed!

Bridesmaid_001_zpsu1p4lpof.jpg

Bridesmaid_004_zpsssrpdvbe.jpg

Bridesmaid_002_zpshfbm4lul.jpg

Bridesmaid_003_zpsja6tpq1s.jpg

Bridesmaid_005_zpsbriivhpq.jpg

I gave all but one in person. Needless to say they all got super emotional! Excited to have my gals try on dresses tomorrow!

In lieu that it's about 6 months out until the wedding, it was about time to start Bride's Maid dress shopping!

We went to David's Bridal on a whim last night (we being my sister and I). We wanted to get an idea where and what to start looking at. I went ahead and tried dresses on as well so my other maids could see what they look like on our body types.

Bridesmaid_dresses_001_zpsjdvnpvtv.jpg

I really liked this one shoulder number.

Bridesmaid_dresses_004_zpsgejbjjfz.jpg

I also think this short dress suited my sister quite well.

Bridesmaid_dresses_003_zps4fw9rcmp.jpg

I really like the fitted sleeveless lace, but it would require a lot of alterations for the ladies.

Bridesmaid_dresses_005_zpshobg8cjs.jpg

The colors I like: petal and bellini .

Bridesmaid_dresses_002_zpsp5vmzgm4.jpg

The one shoulder long gown comes with a handy dandy leg slit. Ooooo fancy!

I want something whispy and laid back, it helps David's Bridal is super cheap. For right now, the one shoulder is winning!

The store itself was pretty dirty and uninviting, I guess I've been pretty spoiled by the bridal boutiques, lol.

Last edited:
Love love love the diy bridesmaid boxes!
I'm really liking the style of dress for your sister (the light blue?)
Petal & Bellini-- like Blush & Bashful from Steel Magnolias?? LOL
Glad to see you had fun dress shopping with your sister.

Aaaaaaaah I forgot to tell everyone. I bought the dress! After a few emails and very lovely appointment with one of the store managers, I put down the deposit and walked out of the store about ready to jump for joy.

I realized, despite the poor experience I had last time I was at the boutique, I really couldn't see myself in anything else. I remember my bride's maid had said I seemed to beam in this Justin Alexander gown, and I think she's right - I put the dress on for a third time and I couldn't stop smiling!

12240092_10153539513057013_2804986231255834559_n_zpscz2e6olk.jpg

In other news, we just got back from our planning trip and whirlwind 3 day stay at the parks! So I'll have to muster up writing the trip report here soon! :D

Last edited:
Absolutely stunning! Words can't even describe! :)

Sounds like we just missed you on your PS trip. We flew home thie past Saturday evening. Did you have fun? Are you feeling confident in things?

Absolutely stunning! Words can't even describe! :)

Sounds like we just missed you on your PS trip. We flew home thie past Saturday evening. Did you have fun? Are you feeling confident in things?

Thank you! The planning session was great! Except I was battling a nasty head cold the entire time. But more on that on my TR. c:

YAY SHE GOT THE DRESS!! SHE GOT THE DRESS!!!

So they actually didn't have enough time to order and ship the dress, but Justin Alexander happened to have one in stock, in my color and ready to ship in February. Annnnnnd it was meant to be.

That dress is amazing on you!

Thank you so much! I never believed in, "the dress moment," until I kept coming back to this one. When you find the one you love, you don't get over it!

I realize I am SO far behind on my planning reporting, a ton of stuff has happened/been decided on. I get one day off in my string of 7 and 5 days in a row, so I'll try to post some stuff tomorrow. x__x

First is first!

Got our gift in the mail from our planner. So sweet! Skip this if you don't want the surprise ruined! Although I think the gifts may vary from planner to planner.

planning_trip_2015_019_zpsuponi0ah.jpg

Shipping box as opened!

planning_trip_2015_020_zpsbh44dgg4.jpg

I love this little blue box, I'm going to think of something cute to put in here.

planning_trip_2015_021_zpsiacd2nyb.jpg

First adorable item I had seen other DIS brides had in their photo galleries, wondered where they had gotten it... Now I know!

planning_trip_2015_023_zpsd1eawidg.jpg

Note to self: go shoe shopping.

planning_trip_2015_022_zpsvnnq5myz.jpg

The Groom's gift.

planning_trip_2015_024_zpsnbhrofog.jpg

This token is adorable, my fiance loved it since it reminded him of a military "challenge coin."​

Yay, finally my TR for the planning trip in December! This 3 day trip was kind of last minute, but we knew we should probably squeeze it in during December so we could see the park during the holidays (something we'd never seen). It so happened that Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party fit perfectly into our schedule as well, woohoo!We booked a room at Pop Century, since we have guests potentially staying there.

After a painful red-eye flight that put us in at 5:30am we boarded a Magical Express bus solo. We had the entire bus to ourselves to Pop Century! (I guess that kind of arrival time on a weekday is slow, haha.) When we arrived to Pop, the very kind CM found a room ready for us immediately. That being said, we B-lined it there and took a nap (neither one of us even taking the time to take off our shoes!). Feeling recharged after a few hours of rest, the WDW excitement kicked in and we hurried over to Epcot for the morning, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party started at 7pm, so we figured we could get in a few hours.

planning_trip_2015_001_zpsx5enhpmp.jpg

After redeeming our season passes, we headed to the world showcase to see how many of the seasonal dishes we could try in the World Showcase. It ended up our favorite of the day was the Turkey, Cranberry and Mash Potato Sandwich from Canada.

planning_trip_2015_003_zpsm4gtu2fv.jpg

Norway's "Christmas Story" show. So cute!

planning_trip_2015_002_zpsbvddrprn.jpg

Norway's holiday dish was Strawberry and Creme Rice Pudding! Yum!​

After a quick ride on Soarin, we zipped back to Pop (it was approx 5pm), and to our horror, our bags were not in the room yet. After a VERY rude call to bell services, where the attendant told us, "we'd get our bags when we get them," and a subsequent chat with a manager, we ended up getting a refund on our room for an evening. But not our bags. We waited another 2 HOURS for management to hunt down our bags, having feared we lost the chance to wear our especially packed Christmas outfits for the special event we paid extra money for.

Fortunately the bags arrived and we got to the party only 30 minutes late.

planning_trip_2015_006_zpsbj8rgwda.jpg

Can we just talk about how pretty the castle is?!

planning_trip_2015_005_zpsnekhgbso.jpg

I'm so happy I got to see the frozen variant in person finally!

planning_trip_2015_004_zpsz4s82zvw.jpg

The park was as least crowded as I had ever seen it and the holiday parade was amazing!

christmasparty_zpsqpshhmnm.jpg

Our outfits we waited so patiently for.

christmasparty2_zpsl47cakow.jpg

Some lucky firework shots! We actually used one for our Save the Dates, more on that later!​

The party was amazing! We were able to ride every major ride and gorged ourselves on free cookies and hot cocoa. The fiance commented on how the lack of crazy crowds gave him a brand new Magic Kingdom experience.

The next morning was our planning session! I remember being so excited, I didn't need coffee to wake up, lol. After a quick ride in an Uber, we arrived precisely on time.

One thing I had failed to mention so far, I was actually suffering the later end of a head cold. I had felt pretty good (read: functional) up until arriving at Franks. Upon meeting our planner Sara, my sinuses went nuts! She fetched me tea and a box of tissues for our session, but I felt so embarrassed, pausing and blowing my nose so much.

001_zpsifmoffmg.jpg

The actual planning portion zipped by. When the floral rep stopped by, she knew exactly what I wanted and I felt super confident we made all the right choices!

planning_trip_2015_007_zpsk9cyyrha.jpg

The cake! I wish I could have tasted it!!! They snuck another slice of almond cake onto the plate with the amaretto crunch filling. We didn't complain!​

We tried:
-Almond cake: very mild and smooth, I see why this one is popular
-Marble cake: couldn't really taste anything remarkable about this one, the Fiance said it tasted like yellow cake
-Lemon cake: zippy and creamy, I loved this one
-Red Velvet cake: could taste a hint of chocolate

-Amaretto mouse: very rich and very true to its name, best with the almond cake!
-Baileys mouse: so good! Best with the Red Velvet and Marble, but also surprisingly with the lemon.
-Cream Cheese frosting: at this point I'm convinced it tasted good with everything. I love cream cheese, pretty standard as far as this variety goes.
-Lemon mouse: my favorite of the bunch, best with the lemon cake. I wiped the container clean!

We ended up deciding on: Almond cake with amaretto mouse for one layer, lemon cake with lemon mouse for another and chocolate cake with Baileys mouse for the third. I figure lemon was my favorite from the tasting because it was the strongest flavor, regardless, we decided to go with well rounded choices.

002_zpsw9yslakj.jpg

After our initial planning session we had a few hours to kill before our tasting session. We stopped by the pavilion to see it one last time before the big day, yay!

003_zpshjevipra.jpg

We also took the time to check out the Deluxe resort gingerbread displays at the Grand Floridian and Contemporary... And munch on a bit of the authentic gingerbread of course.

At 2pm we met our planner and she directed us into the kitchen of the Grand Floridian Events Center! Please note we are having a brunch/buffet reception.

004_zps28vtmqux.jpg

Our names on the marquee!

planning_trip_2015_009_zpsupwacybh.jpg

Our planner and kitchen staff.

planning_trip_2015_010_zpsgahbrerc.jpg

One of two salads, apple + roasted nuts, wasn't crazy about this one.

planning_trip_2015_011_zpsnp0v5gin.jpg

Poached pear with red wine reduction and a tart dressing paired with blue cheese. We picked this one!

planning_trip_2015_013_zpsvojaihh2.jpg

Cheesy scalloped potatoes with a cherry roasted chicken breast.

planning_trip_2015_015_zpsbwdox55r.jpg

Mac and cheese with panchetta and fontina cheese stuffed chicken breast. We ended up going with a mac and cheese bar with this chicken entree.

planning_trip_2015_014_zpsxyfqnlfv.jpg

Our chef Orlando was so friendly and excited throughout the tasting. I guess we had dug up some old dishes that hadn't been prepared for a while. He kept snapping pictures before we were served. :laugh:

planning_trip_2015_016_zpsihyglcsr.jpg

Last up was the vanilla drizzle mandarin crepe or blueberry blintzes. Both were divine!​

The tasting was so much fun! Chef Orlando ensured us a lovely meal and our planner Sara chowed down beside us, complimenting our choices and calling them, "fun!"

planning_trip_2015_017_zpsd613rzjv.jpg

Chef Orlando gave us this small whisk and salt slab as a gift. So cute!​

After the tasting we met up with some local friends and first hit up Trader Sams at the Polynesian Resort, and then Downtown Disney.
planning_trip_2015_018_zpssr3bd1kx.jpg

Our dinner at the T-Rex was amazing. After having a very passionate conversation with the store manager about Star Wars (all four of us were wearing Star Wars shirts he comped us desert!

On our last morning we met a friend for breakfast in Pop's cafeteria. It was disgusting! I cannot say I'd ever had a bad meal at Disney, and now I can. My waffles were rubbery and my Fiance's eggs smelt horrible. Yuck! The breakfasts at moderate resorts have never disappointed me, but now I know!

Packing our things into our buddy's car, also a pass holder, we headed over to Hollywood Studios for a few hours of fun before our flight in the afternoon. He fortunately offered to take us to the airport so we didn't have to allot so much time to the Magical Express... Overall I didn't really enjoy our stay at Pop. It wasn't bad, but I think I'd rather spend a bit more to have a hot tub! Haha. (Only moderate and deluxe had hot tubs.)

The first place we stopped at in HS was the new Star Wars Launch Bay.

006_zps6wxkrhuj.jpg

At the Launch Bay you can create your own custom Star Wars band! They are thinner and more flexible than the store bought bands. I made the purple Storm Trooper, and he made the Boba Fett.

005_zpswra6z1h5.jpg

The fiance is working on a costume of this Star Wars the Force Awakens character. I think he took about a couple hundred photos of it!

007_zpsbvygoeap.jpg

Our quick day ended at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater. The waitress scoulded him and proceeded to put a bib on the, "messy boy." Lol!
The airport and trip home were simply horrific. To skip to the end, I'll just say I will never fly with Frontier again, and suggest others do the same. What a nightmare.

In the end I am SO thankful we made the trip. I encourage any Disney bride to budget for a Planning Trip!

So after a few turn of events... Namely the sticker price of our first BEO, we've decided to go with an all over Star Wars/Space themed reception. We were pretty shocked to see the steep incline in prices for entertainment/products, so we are cutting lots of the "fairy tale" elements.

Disney at Christmas is my favorite time. I love that sparkly castle.

and thanks for making me hungry! LOL Yum on the cranberry turkey sammie! That's my favorite sandwich at Earl's.

Oh I can't wait to see more!

Things have started to move so fast, I don't know what to post about first! :faint:

So I'll start with the Save the Dates. These were sent out at the very beginning of the month... All of my countdowns say that's about 2 months late, oops. Better late than never!

We ended up using a picture from our planning session. I took it to photoshop and cleaned out the crowd around it. I'm a little disappointed we didn't get traditional engagement photos done, but I suppose it's not the end of the world.

savethedate_zpsf1avnbh8.jpg

I dressed up the Save the Date provided by DFTW with a little Death Star in the corner and some vines to match the card. The small business card is an example itinerary for our planned shenanigans. Looks like most of our guests will be coming for a week!

Coming up I'll be cooking up my decor/flower inspiration posts, talking about our initial BEO, bridal party attire and style changes. Whew.

So, Bridesmaid dresses!!!

At first I was confused on what kind of look I wanted between our main colors... Mint or blush pink?! But then I saw this image in the Knot magazine!

index_zpszte9gucw.jpg
The bouquets are pretty close to what I wanted and the blush just looks heavenly with the different style dresses! Love love love.

So I had a starting point... Ok! The facebook group I set up for my bridal party was going back and forth with different brands, we finally settled on David's Bridal because they're cheap and they're everywhere.

12366434_898075940299284_4194600977354102168_n_zpsksswoy0o.jpg
Myself and two of the girls, during our trip to David's, agreed their color "petal" would be the best match! It's such a light and pretty pink!

I consulted with each of my ladies and they each kind of settled on looks of their own, two wanted a strap and two wanted strapless. Whew, perfect!

10628759_898074206966124_7092555834998289009_o_zpsgmfkakzh.jpg
Here's the final dresses everyone picked. I'm super happy with mixed look (two have the lace top, two have the chiffon look on top).

Three of my ladies have gotten their dresses already, and two sent photos!
index_zpsia7jrroe.jpg
6b916ffc-dcae-4497-8f02-f495b006e7aa_zpsdeudzf7s.jpg

Okay dresses are good, peachy! But...

The existential problem I am having right now is shoes!!! I have NO idea what I want to do. My dress is ivory, theirs are that light pink...

One of my maids found these pictures, and I LOVE them. The blue would need to be blush, but these are the ideas I'm trying to roll with right now.

12573780_917988091641402_582185113193029712_n_zpspu33n86o.jpg

12540633_917988088308069_4420494275671187348_n_zps1talwvza.jpg

Do you all think silver shoes for the maids would clash with the color of their dress? Good looking ivory shoes seem to be in short order, and I kind of wanted to play up the sparkly Cinderella slipper idea! Of all the things to plan and I'm stuck on shoes... Lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter