Living on the Edge Disney Dining Adventures May 2015 WPE and Final Thoughts 7/26

For dinner the next night we were so excited to get a ressie at the PT 50s diner. We had not been in awhile and it was time to return to an old favorite for some good comfort food. We checked in and were able to get a seat at the bar and ordered two Kona Longboard Drafts! I am surprised to find this brew on tap in WDW as it's a Hawaiian beer, but it makes me happy! We were seated at a fantastic table complete with our own TV. Alexander was passed out so they let us take the stroller inside. He was dressed as Donald Duck so the entire female waitstaff had to stop by and see him and word had spread the place like wildfire that their was a baby dressed as Donald! It was like being with a celebrity :tongue: Onto to the food, I finally ordered after all these years the PBJ shake, and it was good. I don't even like PB and it was good. I only had maybe 1/4 of it though as it is just too much with the food. My DH ordered the strawberry shake which was delicious as always. Onto the entrees, DH had the fried chicken, which is among some of the best he has ever eaten. Out of guilt with the shake I ordered the salmon to be a little more healthy. It was wonderful and the sides were amazing!! Onto the fab desserts, DH had dads brownie sundae and I had the apple crisp with ice cream. Both were delicious. Alexander loved the sundae. He would have eaten the entire thing if we let him. Other than being told to set the table our server was pretty tame, which honestly was fine by me. We love this place and their food and will return again on a future trip.

Please see photos on next post :)

Last edited:
We are typically SciFi people when at MGM (which these days isn't very often) but your review just put me over the top to go with 50s next time. I'm pretty confident i haven't eaten there since I was a teenager and certainly don't recollect anything as good as that fried chicken. I've gotta go for that alone.

Love how Alexander woke up in time for ice cream. Classic Donald move ; )

We are typically SciFi people when at MGM (which these days isn't very often) but your review just put me over the top to go with 50s next time. I'm pretty confident i haven't eaten there since I was a teenager and certainly don't recollect anything as good as that fried chicken. I've gotta go for that alone.

Love how Alexander woke up in time for ice cream. Classic Donald move ; )

Yes for sure that chicks is worth trying!! Alexander is obsessed with ice cream for sure and he knew to wake up just in time ;)

Too funny...I just canceled my 50's Prime Time for October to go back to Sci Fi. Mark and I were not fond of 50's two years ago but I couldn't get Sci Fi originally so we were going to give it another chance. And then Sci Fi opened. We will go to the Tune-In Lounge for a cocktail for sure.

Let me just say again that Alexander is too stinkin' cute in that Donald outfit. By far, my favorite. :)

Too funny...I just canceled my 50's Prime Time for October to go back to Sci Fi. Mark and I were not fond of 50's two years ago but I couldn't get Sci Fi originally so we were going to give it another chance. And then Sci Fi opened. We will go to the Tune-In Lounge for a cocktail for sure.

Let me just say again that Alexander is too stinkin' cute in that Donald outfit. By far, my favorite. :)

Love the tune in lounge, I could go there and be quite content for sure! I for sure love the Donald costume, he has had 3 uses of it on 3 different Disney trips so I for sure for my money's worth. I am so sad to say that is now retired :(

I really want to try BOG for lunch but haven't been able to get a reservation for a next trip. Your meal looked so good!

I haven't been to 50's since they took our beloved stack sandwich off the menu, but your food is tempting me to head back.

Alexander is so adorable in his Donald outfit! I can see why he created a stir at 50's.

Following along! I loved the look of the desserts at WPE even better than your meals, I think.

The Sci Fi breakfast looks fantastic. Your DS is so adorable with his Yoda hat.

I tried to order a Liter of beer at Biergarten and got a guilt trip from our server. :rotfl:I went with a half of the grapefruit and it was just right. :thumbsup2 Wish I'd seen the asparagus soup.

Your lunch at 50's Prime Time has me wanting to go back. :goodvibes

I really want to try BOG for lunch but haven't been able to get a reservation for a next trip. Your meal looked so good!

I haven't been to 50's since they took our beloved stack sandwich off the menu, but your food is tempting me to head back.

Alexander is so adorable in his Donald outfit! I can see why he created a stir at 50's.

Keep trying for BOG I was able to have several options just a few days prior to dining there!

Following along! I loved the look of the desserts at WPE even better than your meals, I think.

The Sci Fi breakfast looks fantastic. Your DS is so adorable with his Yoda hat.

I tried to order a Liter of beer at Biergarten and got a guilt trip from our server. :rotfl:I went with a half of the grapefruit and it was just right. :thumbsup2 Wish I'd seen the asparagus soup.

Your lunch at 50's Prime Time has me wanting to go back. :goodvibes

Well what kind of server would do that haha! I would have ordered 2 liters then, yea right like one wasn't enough for me. Definitely give 50s a try next time, it's delicious!!!

Love that photo of your little Donald and the ice cream sundae!

Looks like such a good meal at 50s PTC. It's one of my favorites still. The theming is hard to beat and I've enjoyed my pot roast every time I've gone. The PB & J shake is the best! Your salmon looks delicious and it's nice to see something unique reviewed, since most times we see the meatloaf, fried chicken, and pot roast.

That chicken has been in my dreams. Happy to hear everything went well. Next time we definitely have to get dessert. That sundae looks amazing.

Love that photo of your little Donald and the ice cream sundae!

Looks like such a good meal at 50s PTC. It's one of my favorites still. The theming is hard to beat and I've enjoyed my pot roast every time I've gone. The PB & J shake is the best! Your salmon looks delicious and it's nice to see something unique reviewed, since most times we see the meatloaf, fried chicken, and pot roast.

It was nice to try something different, I must admit I was nervous to try it and was so glad it turned out nice.

That chicken has been in my dreams. Happy to hear everything went well. Next time we definitely have to get dessert. That sundae looks amazing.

Yes the dessert is a must for sure!!

Update time!! The next day for lunch we decided to do a last-minute reservation for Teppan Edo! it was my first Mother's Day let's try something new. We went upstairs and we were greeted by very nice hostesses. Into the restaurant was so modern and beautiful. It was not too crowded and we were sat on the end of the table. Alexander was quite comfortable as he was passed out!! I started off with green tea, and my DH had the iced green tea. Our lovely hostess brought hit towels which was a nice touch. I ordered a spicy tuna roll for an appetizer and it was very good! For our main entrees we both had the filet mignon. Dessert I tried the chocolate cake, which www surprisingly good. Hubby had the green tea cheesecake that was excellent. Everything was delicious and the show/service was very fun and entertaining. Alexander enjoyed the noodles and the chef chopped up the filet for him! I am so glad we tried a new place and will return. image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I'm so glad you liked Teppan Edo. We ate there last month too (not up to that point in my report elsewhere), but it was yet another excellent meal. It was so good, we are going again next month as the girls love it there.

Alexander looks so proud to be sitting with the big people at the big table.

The second day we were there it was so HOT! I got the dentist lounge chair in the corner with a glass of wine and let Lexi fall asleep on me. Perfectly happy! I had the chicken too.

Following your report - your son is adorable! We've never tried Teppan Edo because my daughter won't eat hibachi unless it's drenched in shrimp sauce. I didn't think they had it there, but saw it in your pics! She is ecstatic, off to make our ADR!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter