Living in northern California...

Discussion in 'California & the West Trip Reports' started by kaoden39, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Sarah84

Sarah84 DIS Veteran

those photos are so gorgeous, i really want to visit North California now too :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kaoden39

kaoden39 <font color=peach>Prayers and pixie dust from your

I told you we lived in the pretty part of California.:goodvibes

4. Sarah84

Sarah84 DIS Veteran

and you sure do, it looks truely stunning. I hate the thought of camping, but it looks lovely were you were. Do you really get bears? :rotfl::confused3

5. kaoden39

:rotfl2:Not where we are. No but I will not camp up near Lake Tahoe or in Yosemite because of it. Oh and camping isn't so bad when you have a mattress that sits three feet off the ground.

6. Sarah84

Sarah84 DIS Veteran

I remember watching an episode of newlyweds with Jessica Simpson & Nick Lachey and they went camping and were on about the bears, and having to put everything in a bear bin. I wondered from then if there were really bears at the campsites in California :rotfl: i wouldnt feel like I had been unless I see one haha though im sure i'd probably be eaten by it :laughing:

I always think of camping over here as a tiny tent, no electricity to do my hair :laughing:and sleeping on a muddy floor, certainly not my idea of a nice trip :rolleyes1

7. kaoden39

We camp at state parks and there is electricity in the bathrooms so you can dry your hair and such. I am one who has to have a shower and a toilet that flushes. Bears are not all over California, and certainly not where we camp. I have seen skunks and mountain lion tracks. And one time we went camping up by Mt Shasta and I saw a bear walk across the highway on my way into town. I was not thrilled but I knew that there were so many deer in the area and the fact that they don't like dogs and we have a large German Shepherd I felt safe. Well as safe as I could.

8. kaoden39

Here is a beautiful Spring picture Scotty took yesterday on Mix Canyon Rd.

[​IMG]

9. PinkBudgie

PinkBudgie <font color=deeppink>Expert Disneyland Snowball Ma

Up here is Sonoma County those yellow flowers are everywhere. I pass huge fields of them on the way to work everyday. Wish I had a picture. I love going to DLR but I have to agree with you, it is so much prettier up here. :thumbsup2

10. kaoden39

I would rather go to Disneyland for vacation than anywhere else, but as far as the scenery we definitely have it better.

11. PinkBudgie

PinkBudgie <font color=deeppink>Expert Disneyland Snowball Ma

Yes, if you have to return home, it is a good place. :)

12. kaoden39

I think that we ar every lucky to live in this beautiful state. Face it California is pretty special. And our area of the state is the prettiest. As far as I am concerned the coastline in Sonoma county is the best.:goodvibes

13. caligirl stuck in va

caligirl stuck in va Mouseketeer

thank you thank you thank you! i love the pics. as a cottonwood girl, your area of the state is not exactly home to me, but lots of the pics sure remind me of home! :lovestruc

14. kaoden39

Oh you are quite welcome. I have been being lazy about posting. My DH has put pictures on the computer I just need to post them.

15. PrincessMaleficent

PrincessMaleficent DIS Veteran

Very nice pictures!

16. kaoden39

Thank you. I need to start posting pictures on here again.