LIVIN' IT UP, love that feeling! and feeling Goofy - Jan 2014! Complete! 6/21

Awesome updates! Congratulations on finishing! :thumbsup2
Now I'm inspired to try that half marathon!

Wow that was awesome! I didn't expect you to have pictures posted from the actual run! Bonus!!!
11 minute mile is slow for you :rotfl2: Oh jeez I wish I could say that!
I also didn't expect it to be dark out for so much of the race, I guess that kept the temperature down so that's good.
Great update, can't wait to read more!

Wow that was awesome! I didn't expect you to have pictures posted from the actual run! Bonus!!!
11 minute mile is slow for you :rotfl2: Oh jeez I wish I could say that!
I also didn't expect it to be dark out for so much of the race, I guess that kept the temperature down so that's good.
Great update, can't wait to read more!

I have MORE from the full! I mean...twice the distance and all . And that was with a camera battery that was going to die...whoops.

I also started at like 5:40 which is only 10 minutes after the official start. Depending on when you start...yeah you'll be running in the dark for the most part.

January 11, 2014

TODAY IS THE DAY #twins

After I crossed the finish line I walked a little bit to get my medal!!! There was like a little maze that you have to walk through to leave the finish area. There was the medal station and other tents that I didn’t pay attention to. Sorry. Then there were tables set up with a ton of water bottles and Powerade bottles (3 flavors) and one of the volunteers was even offering to open the water bottle for you. How nice.

I packed a propel fitness water drink mix in my belt for electrolytes after…but of course I couldn’t open it with my sweaty hands. (sweaty hands or not, they were difficult to open).

They had more photographers in between the drink tables and the race logo photo backdrops. I stopped for photos, obviously. I got my WDW half marathon finisher wristband for Goofy. Yes! And I stop and took some more pictures in front of the half backdrop.

After I made it through the maze, I was handed….A LITTLE BOX OF FOOD! YES!!! It was SUPER cute too! It was runDisney designed and had the logo on it! It had a handle, which also held a banana.

I was SO EXCITED TO SEE FOOD after the bagel incident. I forgot to mention but around mile 7, Clif was there handing out a bunch of different flavors of Clif Shots (their new GU/gel product (GU/gel = quick and easy calories/energy for distance sports)). I’ve never used GU/gel during a race or training run before. I grabbed and tried vanilla. It was pretty good. At the time, I thought it had a little tiny weird after taste. But on a frigging empty stomach in the middle of a 13.1 mile race…I’ll take it.

Back to my food box. It also had some yellow corn chips, some dip for the chips that I didn’t eat; a Cliff bar (and today’s was a chocolate and peanut butter one) that was my 3rd Cliff bar of the trip/ever and this one was really good! There were Craisins! There was also a fun size bag of skittles, some other granola crap I didn’t eat, and a wet nap. They must have known I was coming.

I wanted to go and take a picture with track suit Donald (if he was even there), but the characters were soooo far away and I saw a lot of people over there. So I decided to head to the bus. I texted Annie. I said “I hate to do this to you, but I’m heading back.” It was so hot and humid out and I just wanted to make smart decisions because I had another race tomorrow. A bus was waiting for me. I got on and texted some friends and tweeted. I was SO PUMPED UP AT THIS POINT! I FINALLY ran and completed my first runDisney event!!!!

13.1 down, 26.2 to go! #GoofyChallenge #WDWHalf #WDWMarathon

Absolutely amazing to RUN down Main Street USA, through the castle, through Epcot

I got back to OKW and realized it was ONLY like 8:40.

WOW it's early. And I already ran 13.1 miles

I'm so used to races starting at like 8, it was awesome to know I still have the entire day ahead of me!

As I was walking back to the room, I had my first experience with one of the best parts of the weekend. SO many people who you pass by congratulating you. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

As I approached my building, I pulled up the Rocky theme song on YouTube. That is how I entered my room. ::yes::
I gave Kris and Craig the 411 for the race the next day. I drank some more water. I also needed to stretch. I went to sit down and stopped midway because I decided I wanted to sit against the wall. AJ decided to do a squat to imitate me. After I stretched I laid down on the floor and AJ fed me pretzels. #carbs

Everyone was going to the pool, so I managed to get up, and go upstairs. I hoped in the shower to rinse off all the sweat so I could get my bathing suit on. I headed off to the pool while Kris and Craig and AJ got ready. Aunt Gail was there already. I spotted Annie walking back to the room on my way and we yelled out things to each other of the excited nature. We chatted a little bit about the race and how she felt. We would meet up at the pool. I found aunt Gail in a row with plenty of empty chairs for the rest of us. I plopped down and did some TR journalling about the half. For some reason, I didn’t even go swimming. It was a perfect day for it too :(
I was already rocking the grossy Josie look too, so pool hair wouldn’t have hurt. But I guess I wanted to look pretty for my twin ;)

YES. TODAY WAS THE DAY!!! After talking on ze internet for 2 years, and being internet friends for about a year and a half, my twin Meg and I would FINALLY BE MEETING IN REAL LIFE!!!

I was texting my twin like crazy because I wanted her here now! Her and mum had to run some errands before they were heading over to WDW property. And per my twin I think mum was taking a long time to get ready.

While I waited, I took some more pictures.

DSC_0458_zps4ed6fa77.jpg

DSC_0466_zps4a5de15c.jpg

DSC_0470_zps5e5246c5.jpg

WDW half marathon finisher!

I also eventually relocated my seat. I apologized to Annie and aunt Gail, but I had to get out of the sun. They understood.

True life: I always forget my pins

God donut.

DSC_0473_zpsbcdc7957.jpg

DSC_0474_zps4029b794.jpg

Water tables with Disney parks cups >>>>>> #WDWMarathonWeekend #WDWHalf

I lost count of how many times I got to see the monorail while running #WDWHalf

Bdtkx93IUAAqKjU.jpg

Our family friend, Nicky (who is also a DVC member, because of us) texted me: “Beware: wicked which of the north soon to arrive in sunshine state lol”
Nicky was giving my mom a ride to the airport that morning, so I was certain he had quite and interesting and entertaining morning. He had to call me to tell me about the morning. He had me like seconds away from peeing in my pants. That is how my mother rolls, folks. I was rolling! :rotfl: :lmao:

Lounging by the pool (in the shade) with Caribbean music playing waiting FOR MY TWIN O M G

Mom's on her way too lol

Anna and Elsa and Olaf were on mile marker 12 and Let It Go was playing and then we ran through Epcot so def the best mile of my life.

SOON, twin was finally on route to OKW! They had to stop for food. My twin and I were still texting like crazy. I was getting location updates. When I got the text that they were pulling into OKW I got up and went to sit on a bench by the HH.

Favorite view.
DSC_0476_zps74db9aaf.jpg

DSC_0477_zps8d025737.jpg

DSC_0479_zps9a96bf12.jpg

My twin asked me where to park. I told her if there was parking near the HH, to park there. If not park in front of my building because it's not a bad walk. There wasn’t parking near HH so they were going to park near my room and walk over. She texted me when they were walking to the HH. The tweets were crazy.

MOMENTS AWAY FROM MEETING MY TWIN

I saw her turn the corner and I got up and ran over to her and we hugged! I was FINALLY MEETING MY TWIN!!!! And her awesome mom, Melissa. Who I will just refer to as mum from here on out. We chatted and very soon, I asked if we could sit down in the shade #runnerprob

Twin and her mum and I just chatted away for literally 2 hours. Actually, my twin wasn’t talking so much so I got really nervous thinking “OMG SHE DOESN’T LIKE MOI!"

We also pinned traded...so apparently somewhere along the line I got my pins ?

It was SO amazing to be talking to other people who GET Disney (not to say Annie doesn’t get Disney…I know you’re reading this Annie). Like, when you are referring to something in dat Disney lingo and abbreviations and acronyms and you don’t have to define it. OR when you refer to someone on twitter or the Dis and they actually know who you’re talking about omg >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I got to hear how twin and mum became DVC members, and I got to hear (in person) the day mum knew twin was a #deluxesnob at the ripe old age of 2.

I told them about my mom’s flight fiasco in detail and was like…I have no idea where she is right now. I hope she knows we have an ADR tonight. In the back of my mind I had a feeling she wasn’t going to want to go because of the morning she had. Eventually Annie found me so I introduced everyone. Annie sat down and we chatted some more. I was looking at the time and knew I needed to head back to the room soon to shower because I wanted to look like a person for dinner. Annie went to grab her stuff while mum, twin and I waited near the flags. I spotted Kris, Craig and AJ in stroller a few feet away. I told them “Hhey there’s my cousins” Kristen came over and I introduced them and to sleeping AJ. Kristen asked what resort they were saying out. LOLOLOLOL. Casa de Meg-Meg.

So we headed back to the room and twin gave me my last part of my Christmas gifts. PARK MAPS! Including MNSSHP and MVMCP! AND MICKEY CONFETTI!! I figured twin would need to watch Stacey but I think Annie put on basketball…rude ;)
I ran upstairs and charged my phone and took the quickest shower ever. I dried my hair and changed and packed my bag for the night. My mom texted me because she was here!!! I told her I was showering for dinner and was coming back over to the pool in like 5 minutes. :goodvibes

January 11, 2014

Abandoned bread

I went downstairs and we headed out. We walked to the HH and went over to the pool. I saw my mommy! I went over and she said “You must be Annie (her first time meeting her) and I know you’re Meg. I see your picture all the time.” And mum introduced herself to mom.

She asked if we had a reservation that night. Yes…

Then mom had to tell us about her experience that morning and we laughed of course.
“But then you get here and everyone’s so nice!” Yep.
So the inevitable happened and mom said she didn’t wanna go to dinner. We all understood but that doesn’t mean I wasn’t upset. So I looked at twin and mum and we were all like “Ok so we’ll just add one more to the ADR. No big deal.”

We said our goodbyes to mom and crew and went to the bus stop. Here is where I remembered I forgot….my ears!!! Ugh! Twin and I walked back to the room to get my ears. These were very important ears because they are the Polynesian/Hawaiian looking ears I bought on Thursday. And our ADR was at the Poly sooo. When we got back to the bus stop, mum informed us that a MK bus went by while we were gone. Oops. Sorry. But the ears….

DSC_0480_zps00e80f8b.jpg

Twin got a drink from the bubblah…

DSC_0485_zpseae012a9.jpg

DSC_0486_zps8c153b37.jpg

Soon another MK bus came and we got on. We got off and went over to the Monorail. First monorail ride of the trip!!!

MONORAIL

We rode it over to the Poly. We still got there like almost a half an hour before our ADR. We took some pictures and looking in the gift shops.

DSC_0496_zpsbe9e8b67.jpg

DSC_0498_zpsfacf5441.jpg

DSC_0501_zps79e71c9e.jpg

DSC_0503_zps3d1f65e8.jpg

We checked for our 5pm ADR at like 4:45…and added a person. We didn’t wait long before the buzzer went off. Shockingly this was my twin’s first time at Kona! Didn’t know that was a thing ;)
It was everyone first time and I was so excited!

First timers at Kona

DSC_0504_zpsc96e6a5f.jpg

We were seated and our waitress whose name was Jes (according to my twins TR) was awesome! I got water to drink because 1. #brokelife and 2. #hydratehydratehydrate
I’m sure you really needed to know what I drank.

DSC_0513_zps36718bf2.jpg

DSC_0516_zpsd27484d6.jpg

DSC_0517_zps855865fd.jpg

DSC_0521_zps43efccf8.jpg

We got DA BREAD!

DSC_0519_zpsf77cbf40.jpg

And another awesome thing about my twin and mum is that MUM KNOWS NOT TO TOUCH THAT FOOD until it is properly photographed. 3 cameras were on the bread for a while before we attacked it. UGH IT IS SO GOOD! I know about this bread but to finally taste it ughskfdaf
I do have some memory of eating bread with this same flavor a very long time ago. In Disney. 100% sure it was not at Kona though.

This was the 1 ADR where I was still sorta undecided about what I was going to get. It was between the Teriyaki style New York Strip or the Pan-Asian Noodles. I'm not a big read meat eater, so I was slightly concerned about that and potential G.I. issues for the marathon the next day #TMI
But I #YOLODisney-ed it and decided on the steak. As did Annie. Mum and twin decided on the noodles.

The food came and it was love at first taste.

#rungry
DSC_0524_zpsbacbe9b9.jpg

Like I said, I'm not a big red meat eater so I don’t quite know what my favorite cut of steak is, but I very much enjoyed the NY strip (which is my moms FAVORITE so I sent her a picture and she was probably hating her life…or me for not going) the sauce was PERF! It was tasty and it had a little kick to it, but not too much! The rice was good too as was the broccoli but then again I LOVES broccoli. I didn’t like the pineapple crap on top though. I thought I might because I pineapple is my favorite fruit but the sauce was like super infused into it so IT was spicy. I gobbled up the entire plate sans the pineapple and the fat of the steak. Everyone liked what they got, except twin thought there was too many “pea thingys”.

There was an elderly gentleman sitting at the table next to us alone. Early on I figured out he was a runner. Knee brace was enough for me. He left some bread. We were seriously considering stealing it. We took a picture. I was like 5 seconds away from taking it. But I didn’t. Next time I see abandoned bread though…

DSC_0526_zps170beb55.jpg

Jes asked if we wanted dessert and sadly we declines because twin and I had a date with some Dole whip from Captain Cook's. Jes understood. Mum invited her to get a Dole whips with us. She still had 2 more hours left of like a 12 hour shift so she couldn’t come.

We paid. Annie was feeling the pain from her first race so she decided to sit by the bar near 'Ohana and watch the football game. Mum, twin and I went downstairs for DOLE WHIPS!!!

DSC_0529_zps08e91411.jpg

This was my first Dole whip (new thing #3) and twin had no idea. I was still bitter about the fact I never got any last time. And per mum, CC’s is better because by the time it gets to you at Aloha Isle it’s melted...or something like that. Also, it’s almost like 'all you can eat' so the more dessert the better. I didn’t know which one to get so I took the expert advice from mum and my twin and got the swirl.

Twin also showed me that CC's had the Runner's Box!

DSC_0530_zps77451e99.jpg

DSC_0531_zps733ac1a3.jpg

DSC_0532_zpsb6397a5a.jpg

DSC_0534_zps8e363736.jpg

Dole whips

We went outside to sit at a table and eat our Dole whips. Near the bushes, we spotted a cat. We were cracking up watching this cat. He was attacking the bushes and pouncing on them. He was so cute! The thing I found hysterical was the cat was like 1 feet away from these people that were talking to a CM and no one seemed to notice this random cat attacking the bushes. We ended up talking to that CM after the people left, and it turns out there’s a Poly cat! His name is Figueroa.

There's a Poly cat.

After we cat watched for like a year, we decided to head off on our next adventure.

AHHH THE TITLE

Well food is cool.

Can we like back track to this day or

Um yes Mum took five years. LIKE WE DON’T HAVE TIME TO EAT CHICKEN, MUM.

No I was just nervous/excited/shy! I PROMISE I LIKE YOU.

LOL I KNEW WHO YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT

Casa de Meg Meg IS RIGHT!

DA WICKED COOL BUBBLAH

SHOCKING I KNOW. HOW AM I LIVING THE #DISLIFE WITHOUT KONA

Um just so you know, your description of the steak is like perf.

THE ABANDONED BREAD LOLOL

Um yes the dole whips at MK are nasty and melty and not as good as the Poly’s.

THAT’S MOI

DA POLY CAT!

Congrats on the half marathon! It must have been so exciting to finish leg one of the goofy challenge! I love that you stopped to take pics of all the mile markers. That is definitely my goal at princess but I'm going to need to practice my dark out photography skills, shaky hands are such a curse :rotfl2:

All that food at Kona looks AMAZING!

Congratulations on your first runDisney Meg. Seriously, how cool is that medal????

Oh yeah, see THIS is why I LOVE meeting and hanging with DIS folk. They just "Get It".

First Dole Whip???? Wow!!! Yup, good call on the swirl. :thumbsup2

AHHH THE TITLE

Well food is cool.

Can we like back track to this day or

Um yes Mum took five years. LIKE WE DON’T HAVE TIME TO EAT CHICKEN, MUM.

No I was just nervous/excited/shy! I PROMISE I LIKE YOU.

LOL I KNEW WHO YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT

Casa de Meg Meg IS RIGHT!

DA WICKED COOL BUBBLAH

SHOCKING I KNOW. HOW AM I LIVING THE #DISLIFE WITHOUT KONA

Um just so you know, your description of the steak is like perf.

THE ABANDONED BREAD LOLOL

Um yes the dole whips at MK are nasty and melty and not as good as the Poly’s.

THAT’S MOI

DA POLY CAT!

Food >>>>
run2eat

BUT CAN WE?!?!
I know it is Chick-fil-a and all mum, but come on now.
Shy :rolleyes2
I still can't..."what resort are you staying at?" :lmao:
Now we need to have breakfast there? Not tonga toast..
Oh, ok cool because I am so good at the food review game
melty :thumbsup2

Congrats on the half marathon! It must have been so exciting to finish leg one of the goofy challenge! I love that you stopped to take pics of all the mile markers. That is definitely my goal at princess but I'm going to need to practice my dark out photography skills, shaky hands are such a curse :rotfl2:

All that food at Kona looks AMAZING!

Thanks!!
Ugh night time-running photography lol.
I actually didn't stop (except maybe for 1) I just slowed down as I ran by it. They came out a lot better than I thought they would, so you should be fine! And I had humidity fogging up my lens :(

Congratulations on your first runDisney Meg. Seriously, how cool is that medal????

Oh yeah, see THIS is why I LOVE meeting and hanging with DIS folk. They just "Get It".

First Dole Whip???? Wow!!! Yup, good call on the swirl. :thumbsup2

Thank you! MY FAV MEDALS THESE ARE THE BEST!
The level of "getting it" makes me unbelievably happy.

That post-race snack box must have been amazing after the marathon! Usually I'm a bottomless pit, when I run, may god have mercy on your kitchen!

Lmao at the being fed pretzels (carbs)! :lmao:

Never eaten at Kona but I've been eyeing that steak for a while! I would have definitely been eyeing that bread too.

AND TWO big milestones in one day, the half marathon AND your first Dole Whip :rotfl2:

January 11, 2014

And the rain rain rain came down down down

So the plan for the night was to watch and shoot Wishes from the Poly beach. Twin checked the time guide earlier in the week to see what time they were going to be that night. She said they were at 8 and she thought that was a weird time. I didn’t think so because last time I was there in January, Wishes was at 8 but MK closed at 9…so I thought this was normal. Mum, twin and I went over to the fire pit and roasted a few marshmallows. Mum told us that she overheard another mom ask the CM what time the fireworks were and she said 9. We checked with the CM and yup, Wishes were at 9 that night. :confused3
We were bummed but at least it meant I was getting back to my room/in bed for the full the next day earlier than planned. Also at this very moment, it started to rain. It was literally 1 drop, followed by another drop, followed by a downpour. Mum, my twin and I ran, ducking under the umbrellas (which didn’t really do much) and then ran to the door.

We went back upstairs to figure out our plans for the rest of the night now. Of course my cell battery was dying, but I managed to find Annie in the dark. For some reason the lights were really dim. I think they had something going on but I do not remember. Mum suggested we go over to the Grand and see if we could tour a villa since I haven’t seen them. Annie decided she could move enough to come along. We took the monorail over to the Grand.

DSC_0539_zps500e0d62.jpg

DSC_0540_zps864abca5.jpg

Let’s count this as my first real time in the Grand (new thing #4*). I remember going for character dinner with Pooh and friends in 2002, but I didn’t see really anything else of the place. We took some pictures and looked in the gift shop.

DSC_0541_zps6f04585e.jpg

DSC_0542_zpsd8baaec3.jpg

Then we took the elevator down to go walk over to the villas. The tours stopped at 5, but we took some pictures of the lobby, which I really wanted to do anyway! And twin showed me the cute little seats set up for kids to watch Duffy!

DSC_0545_zpsd15194b7.jpg

DSC_0548_zps481f6e5f.jpg

DSC_0550_zps32c90d70.jpg

DSC_0552_zpsd8aa397c.jpg

DSC_0553_zpse191a357.jpg

#livinituplovethatfeeling

DSC_0554_zps3fcd0df0.jpg

DSC_0556_zpsad9ebabf.jpg

And twin showed me the cute little seats set up for kids to watch Duffy!

DSC_0562_zpscf0883df.jpg

After that, we called it a night because I did have a full marathon and all the next morning. We took the monorail over to MK. When we got off at Magic and it was raining. We power walked over to the bus stop and we just got on the almost full bus. Someone must have saw Annie and me get on with our medals because some kind stranger gave up sitting so I could. Oh thank the Lord.

Thank you kind guest for letting me sit on the bus

I was sitting next to an elderly gentleman who also ran the half. He asked if I was done and I said nope, doing Goofy. “Who talked you into running Goofy.” Oh just myself. He was from sorta the same area as Annie so we all chatted until we were back at OKW. We said goodbye and he wished me luck. We got off the bus and now it was pouring.

The 4 of us where hanging out at the bus stop hoping for it to kinda calm down. It did for a few seconds but then it was just like a water fall coming out of the sky. We decided to just make a run for it. I put my camera in my bag. I took off my ears and backpack and was trying to cover both with my body before we ran. I knew it was going to rain that night, so on the bus I took off my shoes and put on the flip-flops I packed in my bag. Annie took off first and I thought she was moving super fast considering she couldn’t move earlier that night. I went next and didn’t make it too far before I lost a flip-flop. I was thinking about leaving it, but I turn back to get it. As I was putting it back on, mum and twin passed by trying to share a teeny tiny umbrella. There was a lot of yelling going on. I made it to my building and hung out underneath the covering until my twin and mum made it to the car. I yelled out BYE! and THANKS! to my twin and mum. Then I had to run upstairs without slipping and cracking my head open to get into my room. We were DRENCHED!!!

I went upstairs, showered (3rd one of the day for those of you counting), and got all my stuff ready for my race the next day. My poor Polynesian ears were drenched. My bag was drenched. I took everything out and hung up the bag.

Blow drying my ears. #livinituplovethatfeeling

This is my life, people.

Since sleeping in my race clothes seemed to be a very good decision that morning, so I decided to do it again. I would highly recommend it to those of you planning on running in a runDisney event. :goodvibes

Night 2 of sleeping in my race clothes #WDWMarathon #GoofyChallenge #livinituplovethatfeeling

I went downstairs and rolled myself with The Stick. Kristen, Craig and I brainstormed what time to get up and get the bus since the next morning because Annie and I got there too early. We decided we would want to be on a bus by 3:45. And with that I went back upstairs and got to bed, because I had a very big day ahead of me.
[/SIZE]

That post-race snack box must have been amazing after the marathon! Usually I'm a bottomless pit, when I run, may god have mercy on your kitchen!

Lmao at the being fed pretzels (carbs)! :lmao:

Never eaten at Kona but I've been eyeing that steak for a while! I would have definitely been eyeing that bread too.

AND TWO big milestones in one day, the half marathon AND your first Dole Whip :rotfl2:

Normally, I have consumed like almost a whole (non-running) day's worth of calories before a race :lmao: so to be handed FOOD right after was a highlight :rotfl:

The steak was on my Disney food bucket list for a while and it did not disappoint!

BAHAHAHAHAHA yes those 2 things are on the same level ;)

Ahhh the Grand, yet another place I will never afford to stay unless I win the lottery. Hmmm, perhaps I should start buying lottery tickets. That should increase my chances of winning substantially.
Still, a beautiful place to visit.

Oooh flip flops, rain, and running are not a good combination. Just glad you didn't take a fall.

OK, ready for the BIG DAY!!

Ahhh the Grand, yet another place I will never afford to stay unless I win the lottery. Hmmm, perhaps I should start buying lottery tickets. That should increase my chances of winning substantially.
Still, a beautiful place to visit.

Oooh flip flops, rain, and running are not a good combination. Just glad you didn't take a fall.

OK, ready for the BIG DAY!!

What if you took all that money you would spend on lotto tickets and became a DVC member? :wizard:

January 12, 2014

BEST RACE EVER!!!

I was awoken by Annie at 3am, because apparently I was sleeping through the full blast alarm. Oh. Annie was trying to wake me up without getting out of bed because of the pain, but I was sleeping through that too. But thanks Annie! She had to pee anyway so...

Up bright and early again for day 2: #WDWMarathon #GoofyChallenge

Marathon14_Map_zps2756cc3b.jpg

Today was the BIG day! The day I have been waiting 3 and a half years for! I remember it like it was yesterday. We were in the midst of planning the January 2012 trip when I found out that Disney hosts races! It soon became my dream to run the Walt Disney World Marathon. At that time, I was running pretty regularly, but the most miles I had run at one time was probably not even 6. I have come a long way since then.

I hopped out of bed and did a little dance. I don’t know why I did this little dance besides the fact to see how my legs were feeling. They felt pretty good. My anxiety decreased some. I got ready. Same routine as yesterday. I did my variation of French braids because I didn’t wanna have my hair in a boring pony tail again. I sprayed my hair with pixie-dust again. And the final piece to today's attire was.....a pink tutu princess:

Kristen, Craig and I grabbed a bagel for the walk to the buses. We got on the bus later than I did the previous day. I braided Kristen’s hair the same way as mine on the ride over. We got to the race, went through bag check and by that time it was already time to head over to the corrals. I was getting a little anxious because I felt like we were running late (compared to the previous day) but we still had plenty of tome. So yes I would recommend getting on the buses closer to 4am. We walked together until it was time to split at the fork. We wished each other good luck and high-fived. We were all nervous about finishing.

As I was approaching the corrals, I noticed that a moat had formed from the downpour the previous night between the road we took to get there and the road the corrals were on. I made it to my corral. It was much closer to the start time than yesterday when I arrived so I didn't even bother sitting down. I tied my shoes properly and stretched.

Disney Marathon attire.

P1010525_zps49ceff69.jpg

Ready for the #WDWMarathon #GoofyChallenge

Mickey, Donald and Goofy came out to wish up good luck again!

P1010534_zps04efe893.jpg

Runner Mickey is prob my favorite Mickey.

I'm not gonna lie, I was nervous. At least I was less nervous than the day before. Plus my legs felt good and I was EXCITED to run through Disney again!

P1010535_zps674fafaa.jpg

Mickey counted each corral down. And we were off!! The 2014 WDW Marathon was underway!!!

I was keeping my pace in check again. I think my first mile was about 12 minutes. :lmao:
There were so many people passing me this morning. That drives me crazy but I had to hold myself back. To make myself feel better, I am just going to say all those people were just running the marathon. I was running Goofy though, you don’t understand!

Apparently my dark-running photography skills improved tremendously in 24 hours.

P1010537_zps29c7e260.jpg

P1010538_zps16b4fbdc.jpg

My boyfriend and girlfriend.

The first about 8 miles were the same as the half. At least I knew where I was come mile 4 at the TTA.

Mile 3 was Carl and Russel. Jack and Sally were out in the same spot. I was seriously considering stopping because they are my twin's favorites...but it was way too early to stop running...so sadly I had to pass them by again.

Belle was mile 4. Mile 4 - 5 of the courses were one of my favorites. I mean, it's the route TO the Magic Kingdom! And I absolutely love looking at a gorgeous and peaceful Contemporary and BLT. There was just something about that stretch that I really, really liked. On this road, you can also spot the castle. I know they tend to keep the Dream lights on the castle for Marathon Weekend. I might have spotted something special about the castle this morning compared to yesterday morning. And I might have been so excited I was thinking about taking out my phone and trying to text my twin. I didn't though. I think mile 5 was Lady and the Tramp.

Goofy Challenge: MEGAN HILL - 5 Mile in 58:31. Pace 11:43. Est: 5:06:50. ETA: 10:50 AM. Presented by RunDisney

We started the route to run backstage at MK again. Running down MSUSA was one of the best parts of the half, so I was SO excited to do it again for the full! I do have a video of this moment on both days that I will eventually get around to uploading. MSUSA was packed again! And yes, Cinderella Castle had the dream lights on this morning :faint:

P1010545_zpsedded1a4.jpg

We ran through Tomorrowland again. Followed by along side New Fantasyland. Tigger was meeting outside of Winnie the Pooh today. We ran through the castle again. This time, I HAD TO stop infront of the castle for a picture! And here is where my heart breaks into a million tiny pieces because even after looking through ALL the unidentified photos on the MarathonFoto site at this photo stop, I can't find my picture :sad:

P1010548_zpsecdd1191.jpg

A WDW RR train was out and stopped by the RR crossing again. And every couple of seconds, it would blow it's horn!
As we approached bakstage again to leave the MK, I saw the CADCT castle float again. Even from the top of the hill heading down that way.........I could spot who was meeting at the float today. And I knew I would be stopping.

IT WAS RAPUNZEL AND FLYNN!!!!!FELJRKSGNERIALFJIWEOSJDIEWASK

P1010550_zps81304613.jpg

I SEE YOU!

I WAS SO HAPPY!!! I pulled off and got in line for MY FAVORITES! The girl in front of me and I exchanged a quick couple of words to each other about HAVING TO STOP FOR HIM! DUH!!

Very quickly, it was my turn. DIES! Of course I went over to Flynn's side. I said to him:

"I'm killing my time for you."

We took a picture. I died a million and one times on the inside. Then sadly, I had to leave.

P1010552_zps884d61bd.jpg

Before I left though, Flynn touched my back and said:

"There, I brought you back to life."

CAN YOU FRIGGING NOT?! HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO FUNCTION NOW AND RUN THIS RACE?!!

Anyway, as I ran off feeling those Disney feels, I somehow forgot how to function my stopwatch on my watch. I was going to try stop it during any character spots just so I had an accurate running time. Apparently I was so star struck by my boyfriend, the brain was not operating so I ended up clearing my time. AWESOME! Oh well...

But this time I HAD TO get out my phone.

JUST MET FLYNN AND RAPUNZEL #BESTRACEEVER

Now I can die happy knowing I met Flynn, even if only briefly.
Until we meet again, my prince.

So now I'm riding the high of runDisney!

P1010553_zps89161839.jpg

The reindeer were out again.

P1010554_zpse5dade1e.jpg

P1010555_zps2edbafa4.jpg

Since I already stopped for one character, now I was more willing to stop for others. So I YOLODisney-ed it and stopped for my best buddy, Stitch! :stitch:

P1010556_zps52fcac28.jpg

It killed me to run by him yesterday, so I fixed that today!

P1010557_zps2ab69698.jpg

Even while running, I managed to capture the hidden Mickey. Skillz.

P1010559_zpsb75115de.jpg

Mile 8 means a new course from yesterday. :yay:

Great start to the marathon!

I totally would kill my time for Flynn too, he's so dreamy!

I can't wait to hear about the rest of the race! I really want to do the marathon next year, registration is supposed to open on my b-day so that may just be my birthday gift to myself!

Wow, just looking at the map makes me tired. :upsidedow

There's just something extra special when it's something you've been dreaming about for so long. So excited for you.

I can't get over how much activity is going on while you're racing AND all the characters out and about. But I love it.

Haha, you ladies sure do like your Flynn. :goodvibes

Just caught up!! Loving your TR so far! :goodvibes
Because of your TR I now want to stay at OKW, and run in a Disney race(but I can't really run..training time!)

Great start to the marathon!

I totally would kill my time for Flynn too, he's so dreamy!

I can't wait to hear about the rest of the race! I really want to do the marathon next year, registration is supposed to open on my b-day so that may just be my birthday gift to myself!

:goodvibes
:love: :cloud9: :love: no regrets! LOL
Ummmmm I think you should totally do it! Oh, that's funny. You're running Princess half weekend and I ran WDW marathon weekend this year and next year you're prob running WDW marathon weekend and I'll be running Princess half

Wow, just looking at the map makes me tired. :upsidedow

There's just something extra special when it's something you've been dreaming about for so long. So excited for you.

I can't get over how much activity is going on while you're racing AND all the characters out and about. But I love it.

Haha, you ladies sure do like your Flynn. :goodvibes

:wizard: :woohoo:
You would be BLOWN AWAY at how much was going on throughout 26.2 miles of race! AMAZING
Yes, yes we do :cloud9:

Just caught up!! Loving your TR so far! :goodvibes
Because of your TR I now want to stay at OKW, and run in a Disney race(but I can't really run..training time!)

Yay! Thanks for stopping by!
I don't think you can go wrong with either of those choices! Just make sure you train ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!