Live Updates from the Disney Magic - Feb 13th-20th

I just got a 2nd hand report from my sister that my parents are stuck on the Magic at Castaway Cay. They will be missing their flights today and have rescheduled (or maybe just hope to reschedule) for tomorrow. They are luckier than most that they are flying west to Oakland, so their flights may not be as impacted as those who need to head home to the East Coast. They are also retied, so other than dog-sitting for my sister, they have more flexibility as to when they get home. Its nice for us that we don't have to worry about them being fed and sheltered while they wait to get home. -- Suzanne

all though disappointing, GF has gone out of their way to be accommodating. Kids are having a hard time understanding. I hope everyone gets back safely and the seas calm down soon. I know staying on the ship and extra day sounds great to all of us waiting. But it has to be concerning for those on board and a little green, if you know what I mean. For those on board keep us posted.

I am sure those on board the ship are scared, tired and worried and hopefully being take care of. I'm sure we will get a lot of postings when they come back. I just hope tempers are being kept to a minimum on board as this is definitely not disney's fault. If I were on that ship I would more scared than anything since they will have to eventually have to come back through that bad weather.

Capt John just came on about an hour ago or so and reported that we would most likely be arriving at PC sometime tomm. He is awaiting a window in the weather to open up for us to make a go at it... Last night was rough even though we were tied to the dock at CC. I could have imagined what it would of been like had he tried to make through the weather....He keeps apologizing profusely over the PA system, but I really dont think he needs to...Its not his or Disneys fault. He was quite vigilant and responsible to make a decision that would cause so much havoc....The ship has a weird vibe to it....everyone is just sorta lingering around trying to adjust to the new navigators they just gave us...We also got our luggage back in our staterooms this morning. There is a long line in guest relations of people trying to contact their airlines and such. They also gave out again pagers for the kids club...I heard about the passengers that were waiting went to Epcot....Poor people....

Capt John just came on about an hour ago or so and reported that we would most likely be arriving at PC sometime tomm. He is awaiting a window in the weather to open up for us to make a go at it... Last night was rough even though we were tied to the dock at CC. I could have imagined what it would of been like had he tried to make through the weather....He keeps apologizing profusely over the PA system, but I really dont think he needs to...Its not his or Disneys fault. He was quite vigilant and responsible to make a decision that would cause so much havoc....The ship has a weird vibe to it....everyone is just sorta lingering around trying to adjust to the new navigators they just gave us...We also got our luggage back in our staterooms this morning. There is a long line in guest relations of people trying to contact their airlines and such. They also gave out again pagers for the kids club...I heard about the passengers that were waiting went to Epcot....Poor people....

What was the weather like yesterday at Castaway Cay? Did this wind/weather just come up late yesterday when you all were trying to leave? Thanks for the update! Try to at least enjoy your extra day!

The weather was pretty good....A bit chilly in the early morning then it warmed up. Then at around 5ish when we were ready to pull out it came out of no where. He tried pulling out and then came right back in and re-tied the boat up. We couldnt go out to the deck the wind was dangerously gusty....The rain and lightening where worrisome too...Not the way I would of hoped to be stranded at CC...

MiCkeymom, thanks for that update! What kinds of things are the offering on the navigators to do today?

Do the Magic and Wonder share the same dock? Will the delay on the Magic have a ripple effect on the Wonder leaving on the 14th?

Yes.They share the same pier at PC and CC. All depends on when the Magic gets outs of CC.Depending on who makes the decision, they could conceivably slow the Magic down on her way back, bring the Wonder in first,reload her, leave early if possible, then bring the Magic in.This would only incovinence the MAgic passengers.They could also bring the Magic in to a different pier at PC.Theres a lot of possibilities that can be done, and a lot will depend on when the Magic can finally get off the pier.
Heres 1 other thing to throw a monkey wrench into the problem.
If the ship is rolling at the pier, they may have to have a hull survey done by divers before she either comes into the port, or before she leaves again.
That would something for the embarking guests to look for.

On the news they say the Wonder will either need to dock somewhere else or it may need to wait for the Magic to unload, reload and set out.

CJM
I wouldnt put too much stock in what the news says, unless its a Disney Release about the situation.
Half the time that the news comes up with something, the information is usually several hours old and/or speculation. Ive watched on the news a fire that I worked, and the news kept saying County Fire Dept, when every truck in the video said City of on the side.There was no county trucks at this fire.

Capt John just came on about an hour ago or so and reported that we would most likely be arriving at PC sometime tom...

Is it my imagination, but is Capt John usually in command of the more "interesting" cruses?

We drove from Virginia Friday - just before arriving in Pt Canaveral this morning a friend called (Thank You Karen- she is at Disney's Boardwalk Resort) and advised that the ship was delayed. I called DCL and they did not have much info except to say we could go to Epcot. We are traveling with our daughter Jen she is disabled so going to Epcot is not an option for us since it is 40 degress and windy. We opted to get a hotel @ the port before they were ALL SOLD OUT. We are staying at the Residence Inn Cape Canaverl. NOW we are waiting to see if DCL will pay our room and meals for at least , NO word on that and NO word on what reimbursement there will be if for the lost day. If the ship arrives LATE tomorrow we will most likely lose another day at which point I am assuming this Eastern Cruise will turn in in a cruise to the Bahamas :confused3

My only "diss" to DCL is they are not giving near enough info. When I call and explained that Epcot and the 50 mile drive 1 way just not being an option for us because of our daughter they had NO alternate option and I am sure that we are not the only folks traveling with someone that is disabled.

Just checked the weather online for the Bahamas. Seems that the line of bad weather crosses directly over Castaway. Might be some time before it passes.

I can assure you that DCL will not put the safety of the passengers or their assets in danger. I have sailed with Capt John and Capt Henry, they are both very experienced Naval Officers and will do whatever they can to ensure a speedy return.

Well they have sent most of us home for the day, not much we can do. They are taking luggage at the Port if guests would like to leave them. As far as I could tell the only guests being bussed over were the one that used private transfer in.They were not letting anyone park as far as I could tell. Rumor is that they will use a terminal on the other end of the Port if we have both in at the same time

We are on the Feb. 20th sailing. I can't imagine going through this right now as we also have a child with disabilities as a previous poster mentioned. However I don't expect Disney to pay for anything except perhaps make things easier, like the tickets into Epcot. I would like to think that they would put my safety first rather than worry about losing money over people demanding hotel rooms and free food, etc. I hope that people are being understanding as to what Disney is trying to do. I would hate to think that upset folks would make Disney do things any differently for the folks still stuck at CC. Just my 2 cents. Of course I'm not in the situation but we do have insurance! Whew!!

Where will everyone be staying tonight? We were on the Magic once when they had to cut the cruise short by one day to get out before a storm hit and they bused us all to the Dolphin for that night. Just wondered if they were doing something like that again.

If the ship arrives LATE tomorrow we will most likely lose another day at which point I am assuming this Eastern Cruise will turn in in a cruise to the Bahamas :confused3

QUOTE]

That is a great point. The Magic cruise for this week is already going to miss at least one full sea day at the very least. It is starting to look like they may not have enough time to make it to both St. Thomas and St. Maarten, so would they still travel all that distance just to make one stop???? This may very well end being a cruise in the Bahammas. Maybe they could make two stops at Castaway Cay. What a horrible beginning to a cruise to have all of this uncertainty going on.

subscribing. Our DD and DSIL are on the Magic. And extra night, I hope they are able to relax and enjoy. At least they do not have a plane to catch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter