Live Trip Report from AKV (with pics)

Thanks for the pics and report!
You could always grab a pair of those night vision goggles and head over to the Kidani pool at night!
If you get locked up we'll all help bail you out!;):rotfl:
I'm curious about the meet and greet with Mickey and Minnie - in the lobby? Wonder if they'll be dressed in their AK outfits?

Great report - thanks for sharing -

I'd love to see the Ostrich Egg painting! $30 seems steep, but I've not looked into buying Ostrich eggs - for $30 I wouldnt want to mess up the painting!

Change of Plans...
Well...change of plans today! We purchased APs this morning (to the tune of $1,500 :scared:), and began enjoying them!

We decided to go to Epcot. I have to say, the pictures of the flower and garden festival doesn't do it justice. I can't tell you why, but we're not big Epcot fans. We were going to pass this visit, but decided to go see the flowers since we were here. I'm sure glad we did. Here are some pics, and like I said, they really don't do the park justice.

AKV09Trip202.jpg

AKV09Trip218.jpg

AKV09Trip232.jpg

Doesn't Everyone...
...have this picture? I had to post of DH, DD and DS, because like I said, I think every one of us has a photo of someone in this shark's mouth! :laughing:

AKV09Trip248.jpg

Late Lunch...
Since we purchased APs, thanks to you smart folks, we also purchased Tables in Wonderland. We decided to eat a late lunch in China today, and got our 20% discount!!! DS, DD and I got the honey sesame chicken (YUM!!!), and DH got the house fried rice. Our food was really good, and I would definitely go back!

AKV09Trip228.jpg

Magical Moment...
Our family hit the major rides, with the exception of Soarin'. The line was just too long. We did have some awesome luck today, though. Disney is doing something called "magical moment," and our family got chosen! We were entering the line to ride Mission Space, and one of the CMs asked if we'd like to participate. We had no clue what that meant, but hey...why not, right? Well, it was wonderful. She took us back on a tour of how they monitor Mission Space, and took us to the front of the line! We even by-passed the fast pass lines! My son, who is 13, thought that the CM was beautiful, which she was. She was also as nice as she was pretty, and it made our day!

AKV09Trip245.jpg

AKV09Trip244.jpg

AKV09Trip241.jpg

Firsts...
Since we don't go to Epcot often, we had several "firsts" today! Those are always fun. We did Turtle Talk with Crush, Test Track and Mission Space. DD was a hoot, as she is usually very risk adverse. In fact, my dad gave her money last year for our trip, and asked her what she was going to do with it. With all $100, she was going to buy Disney and shut down Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain because she didn't like those rides. They made her nervous, and made her lose her stomach! :lmao: Well, she was such a big girl today. No fear! When I asked her what her favorite ride was, she said Test Track! Do I see Everest and Tower of Terror in her future??? :confused3

Call It A Day...
After about 5 hours in Epcot, we went back to AKL. As I said before, the buses are amazing. No more than a 5 - 10 minute wait ANYWHERE! Dis did a good job planning for Easter week this year. When we got back, we were starving, and ate at the fast service place here at AKL. Food was good. I got cheeseburger and fries, DH got baked chicken, and the kids got ham and swiss on wheat. It was really good for what it was. After that, the kids caught a second wind and swam for a while. DS was tired and left with DH, and I finally made DD get out of the pool at 9:20. I hope she sleeps well tonight! Here are a couple more pool shots right before it got dark.

AKV09Trip254.jpg

AKV09Trip265-1.jpg

Tomorrow...
Happy early Easter to everyone!!! DD is so excited, as she still believes in the Easter Bunny! princess: I doubt we'll go to a park tomorrow, but maybe. I have reservations at Turf Club for dinner, which I love, but DH doesn't sound too thrilled. I think he's hoping for ESPN Zone and a big juicy burger. We'll see what tomorrow holds! Don't you just LOVE vacation??? :love:

I still haven't forgotten about trying to snap some pics of Kidani's pool! I'll try and get over there tomorrow! :tiptoe: God bless, and have a wonderful holiday!!! :hug:

I'm really enjoying your trip report so far! Thank you so much for the great pictures! We're staying for the first time at AKV in Nov and I'm just falling in love with the resort after seeing your pictures :)

What a great experience for your family, it must have been so much fun! Are they replacing the dream team perhaps?

Wow, Kidani has changed a lot since January! Can't wait to see it again in a few weeks! Thanks for posting.
It looks totally ready to go! I guess it should since it's opening next month, right?

BTW, we have felt in all our AKV stays so far that bus transportation there is spectacular! It sounds like they are doing a good job even in this high demand time.....that's good!:thumbsup2
It rocks! Seriously, the bench seat doesn't even get warm. :thumbsup2

While for the value points, your room is certainly fine. But is it my imagination, or is even the balcony smaller (more narrow) in the value 1 bedroom ?

I had a savanna view 1 bedroom in Aug and our balcony seems wider or did we just get lucky with a wider one ?
Yes, based on your pic, our balcony is much more narrow. You barely can sit without your knees touching the railing. It reminds me of the balconies at VWL, just longer.

As for our room, I don't notice it as much in the living area, but I definitely do in the bedroom.

Thanks for the pics and report!
You could always grab a pair of those night vision goggles and head over to the Kidani pool at night!
If you get locked up we'll all help bail you out!;):rotfl:
I'm curious about the meet and greet with Mickey and Minnie - in the lobby? Wonder if they'll be dressed in their AK outfits?
:lmao: I will take my covert operation seriously, and if I need night goggles, I'll get night goggles! If I catch Mickey and Minnie in the lobby, I'll be sure and snap a photo for you!

Great report - thanks for sharing -

I'd love to see the Ostrich Egg painting! $30 seems steep, but I've not looked into buying Ostrich eggs - for $30 I wouldnt want to mess up the painting!
It's so funny you said that, because that's the same thought that I had. It started out with, "Wow! That's really high." And...went to, "I guess you can't buy ostrich eggs in the super market, now can you?" :laughing: Then, it went immediately to "there are no re-dos if things don't go so well!" It would be a nice keepsake, though!

Hi!!! I'm enjoying your report!!! We will be at AKV in 20 days! Can't wait. It will be our first time staying there.

Thanks for the trip report! Living vicariously thru you!!!! Can't be there until September.

I love the pic of your son with the pretty CM -- he looks overjoyed! What a great experience for all of you. I'm enjoying your report, thanks for the live updates!

Your photos are great :thumbsup2 I would love to get that magical moment, DD has to ride Mission Space at least 4 times whenever we go to Epcot. The flowers look absolutely beautiful. Keep the photos coming.

Happy Easter!!! Hope the Easter Bunny was good to you. He brought our kids pins & lanyards for our trip next month! Wonder how he knew:rolleyes1

Waiting anxiously for pool pics:thumbsup2

Happy Easter! Enjoying your trippie as it makes me long to do one when we go in August. It's forty degrees here and the heat keeps kicking on, so it's so nice to see Florida sunshine and pool pictures!
And tell your DH that Turf Club has the best burgers - make sure he tries one! Can't wait to hear more!

Glad you're having a great time and love your pictures! We'll be there in 28 days, but who's counting.... I am!

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us! I love live reports. AKV looks gorgeous. I stayed in a regular room there in December and loved it. I am considering DVC and your report/photos definitely go in the "pro" column! Love the flower & garden pictures! :goodvibes

Thank you so much for sharing your trip report and your wonderful pictures with us. Have a Happy Easter to and your family.

Waiting anxiously for more.

Hey great trip report and we too love your pictures. It makes us even more anxious to go in the beginning of may. :cool1: I was wondering if you could tell us about how crowded the parks are. I heard that they shut MK at 10am the other day. How have wait times been to get on the rides???

Thanks for your awesome trip report and Happy Easter!

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us - you have a lovely family!

Keep the pictures coming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter