Live from Wondeer...double dip at Castaway on a 4 DAY!

poohfriend

DIS Veteran
The captain announced after boarding yesterday from Castaway that DCLs gift to us was a second day at the Cay!

A double dip with no notice. The staff was scrambling to set up kids programs etc. Nice surpise. Our sea day is not crowded because lots of people are at the beach.

More in a few days!

That's an awesome New Years gift. I'd love a 4 day with 2 days at CC. Enjoy.

Wow! What a great surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love it if they would do that on the 01/22 Wonder as well!!!!! Wow, are yall still going to Nassau?

What a WONDER ful way to start the New Year!! Tell us more, please! :cool1:

I'm subscribing in case any new news is posted. How exciting!

I was on this sailing too!

It was cool to go back to CC, but I wished it was announced earlier. Then I wouldn't have stayed at CC so long the first day there and gotten so sunbruned (lol) Also, all the Kids Club Activity onboard were totally canceled, so it left some familes in a rut if they were looking forward to Palo or the Spa.

Either way we had fun :) My DD went to see Chicken Little that afternoon since she had an unfortunate experience with the kids club on the beach. So I wasn't taking her back there.

MomtoAshley said:
I was on this sailing too!

My DD went to see Chicken Little that afternoon since she had an unfortunate experience with the kids club on the beach. So I wasn't taking her back there.

momtoashley ~ I'm curious, would you mind sharing with us what happened at the kids club? We're sailing on the magic in March and DD and DS will be participating in the clubs........ :flower:

It was just a freak incident. Within 15 mins of her being there, an other kid was throwing sand and she got an eyeful :( My DH picked her up and saw her standing alone and he thought she was laughing :( But she was crying. Noone was with her. They said she was ok, and they tried to rinse it out, and it looked like noone was minding the kids.

So we took her to the first aid station to get her eyes rinsed properly :(

So sorry about your DD. Seems to be a lot of posts lately about lack of supervision of the kids on CC. I'm thinking that we'll just keep our DS with us on CC--we can check out Serenity Bay some other time. He loves the beach and would probably want to stay with us anyway. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter