Live from Wondeer...double dip at Castaway on a 4 DAY!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by poohfriend, Jan 1, 2006.

1. poohfriend

poohfriend DIS Veteran

The captain announced after boarding yesterday from Castaway that DCLs gift to us was a second day at the Cay!

A double dip with no notice. The staff was scrambling to set up kids programs etc. Nice surpise. Our sea day is not crowded because lots of people are at the beach.

More in a few days!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bkline

bkline Mouseketeer

That's an awesome New Years gift. I'd love a 4 day with 2 days at CC. Enjoy.

4. dzneprincess

dzneprincess This page intentionally left blank

Wow! What a great surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love it if they would do that on the 01/22 Wonder as well!!!!! Wow, are yall still going to Nassau?

5. Barbmouse63

Barbmouse63 <font color=navy>Thanks for your support!! I have

What a WONDER ful way to start the New Year!! Tell us more, please! :cool1:

6. taeja71

taeja71 <font color=deeppink>I'll type real slow...<br><fo

I'm subscribing in case any new news is posted. How exciting!

7. MomtoAshley

MomtoAshley Earning My Ears

I was on this sailing too!

It was cool to go back to CC, but I wished it was announced earlier. Then I wouldn't have stayed at CC so long the first day there and gotten so sunbruned (lol) Also, all the Kids Club Activity onboard were totally canceled, so it left some familes in a rut if they were looking forward to Palo or the Spa.

Either way we had fun :) My DD went to see Chicken Little that afternoon since she had an unfortunate experience with the kids club on the beach. So I wasn't taking her back there.

8. gemjoy

gemjoy <font color=deeppink>Beware the Cruise Shampoo!<br

momtoashley ~ I'm curious, would you mind sharing with us what happened at the kids club? We're sailing on the magic in March and DD and DS will be participating in the clubs........ :flower:

9. MomtoAshley

MomtoAshley Earning My Ears

It was just a freak incident. Within 15 mins of her being there, an other kid was throwing sand and she got an eyeful :( My DH picked her up and saw her standing alone and he thought she was laughing :( But she was crying. Noone was with her. They said she was ok, and they tried to rinse it out, and it looked like noone was minding the kids.

So we took her to the first aid station to get her eyes rinsed properly :(

10. bdink921

bdink921 DIS Veteran

So sorry about your DD. Seems to be a lot of posts lately about lack of supervision of the kids on CC. I'm thinking that we'll just keep our DS with us on CC--we can check out Serenity Bay some other time. He loves the beach and would probably want to stay with us anyway. :flower: