*LIVE* from the Polynesian GV CL ~ Aug 24-Sept 1 ~

Thank you for such a wonderful TR, especially about your experience at the Poly! I can't get over how nit-picky some folks are, and it was so refreshing to read your upbeat perspective on everything. Throughly enjoyed, and waiting to hear more now that you're home!

And I wish I'd said hello while we were neighbors! :wave2:

Lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe. We really enjoyed this restaurant. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. On the way out I stopped at the podium to tell the manager how great our server Olga was. She was very happy and appreciative that we took the time to do that.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I had almost forgotten how much I love the Grand Floridian. We may consider staying here again, if we can tear ourselves away from the Polynesian. LOL

And always take the time to stop and smell the flowers!!!!

image.jpg

Dinner at the California Grill. I love the view from up there. We watched Wishes and it was a totally different perspective. I love how they dim the lights and pipe the music in. A great night for us all around.

image.jpg

Our drinks were the Monte Ray and they were SO good!!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

The food was excellent, from the bread and butter to the BLT flatbread to my filet of beef to John's Bison strip loin! Unfortunately we had no room for dessert.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Standing in front of the huge Wall of Wine. lol

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm enjoying your report. Great to hear so many positive things. We arrive next week and can't wait. Thanks for sharing.

We did the Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party. We loved it! It was raining in the hours leading up to Illuminations so they held the party indoors. It was set up so nicely and the CMs who were running it were very , very friendly!

There was Sparkling wine, Rum punch, soda, and coffee. And many different delicious desserts from the countries in World Showcase.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

A few more pictures from our trip :sunny:

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing all of them :).

I had almost forgotten how much I love the Grand Floridian. We may consider staying here again, if we can tear ourselves away from the Polynesian. LOL

I hear you on the GF. The Poly is our favorite overall, but I also love the GF :goodvibes.

Dinner at the California Grill. I love the view from up there. We watched Wishes and it was a totally different perspective. I love how they dim the lights and pipe the music in. A great night for us all around.

The food was excellent, from the bread and butter to the BLT flatbread to my filet of beef to John's Bison strip loin! Unfortunately we had no room for dessert.

We've never eaten at CG, but your pics are making me think we need to try it on our next trip ;).

One of our favorite meals of this trip was lunch at Teppen Edo in Japan in Epcot.

The chef was awesome and the food was delicious!!

We ordered the Tokoyo Sunset from the cocktail menu. They were very good!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The building of an onion volcano....

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Lunch at 50's Prime Time. We each ordered the fried chicken but mine was the gluten-free version which I ordered about an hour before our ADR so they'd have time to prepare it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

The Barefoot Bar poolside at the Polynesian has the best bartenders! Here is Steve. He's friendly, funny, and inventive when it comes to creating new drinks.

IMG_0228 (2).JPG

IMG_0226 (2).JPG

The view from our umbrella! We were the first people to use this new table and umbrella. The CMs were just finishing putting it together as we walked towards it. During our trip I counted about 25 umbrellas around the pool deck. :beach:

IMG_0227 (3).JPG

IMG_0230 (3).JPG

IMG_0235 (2).JPG

This drink started out as the Pago Pago Pain Killer but has a Chambord floater and a sprinkle of nutmeg!

IMG_0233 (2).JPG

Love this live trip report! Happy anniversary and thank you for your sunny outlook on everything! It makes me so happy & excited! Only 147 days until our first Poly experience! :butterfly

Love this live trip report! Happy anniversary and thank you for your sunny outlook on everything! It makes me so happy & excited! Only 147 days until our first Poly experience! :butterfly

Thanks! I'm glad you've enjoyed my posts. :sunny:

I hope that you love the Polynesian as much as we do!!! :cloud9:

The drinks look excellent! What was in the one from Cali Grill?

Monte Ray cocktail: Mount Gay Rum, Pineapple Juice, and Licor 43 with a splash of Sweet-and-Sour. We saw that it had rum and Licor 43 and knew we had to try it!! It was SOOOO good! :wizard:

Happy Anniversary and thanks for sharing your trip with us. My DD and DGD rented a Sea Raycer from the Poly on 8/24. It was so hot that day, so I went to the bar while they were out. I would love to stay there some day and I would definitely do CL. It looks great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter