*LIVE* from the Polynesian GV CL ~ Aug 24-Sept 1 ~

Ok so our Spirit of Aloha luau got rained out last night. Actually it got monsooned out!!!

So I quickly used the Disney app to book dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe! We both had the pork chop. And we each tried a couple of different drinks.

Grand Colada on the left; Pimm's Punch on the right. Delicious!!

image.jpg

This is the Magical Star Cocktail. The ice cube inside changes color. It looked and tasted great!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

This morning in the lounge was bagels with various toppings (cream cheese, jelly, etc), cinnamon rolls, hot oatmeal with toppings, 2 types of yogurt (strawberry and plain), croissant, and 4 types of cold cereal. Juices are cranberry and orange.

image.jpg

It was cloudy this morning but the sun came out and been partly cloudy and sunny all day so far, and no rain.

image.jpg

The CMs all around the CL and the GCH and in the parks have been very friendly and helpful. We have not encountered any unpleasant people at all! We've also encountered so many friendly guests too. :sunny:

great photos, have they resumed the torch lighting ceremony?

Tonight in the lounge: Conch fritters, spring rolls, chili ranchero sauce, veggies and dip, cheeses and crackers, pineapple and caramel dipping sauce, fire-roasted tomato hummus and mini pitas, Uncrustables.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

We'll be going to The Wave in the Contemporary for dinner in about an hour! This will be our first time dining there. I've read good reviews and we didn't want to go to a park for dinner.

Thanks for all the pics!! I dined at the wave a year ago and it was fabulous- one of my favorite dinners! Hope you enjoyed it!

Your pictures are fantastic. I am still drooling over the cinnamon roll. Hope dinner at the Wave was great!

The CMs all around the CL and the GCH and in the parks have been very friendly and helpful. We have not encountered any unpleasant people at all! We've also encountered so many friendly guests too. :sunny:

Sounds like the perfect trip! :wizard:

All of your pics are awesome, thanks for sharing :).

Hope you had a nice dinner at The Wave?

Dinner at The Wave was great!!

Our server was Jim and he was friendly and attentive.

DH ordered the sustainable fish of the which was grilled swordfish. I ordered the beef tenderloin.

We split the strawberry-peach Bellini cake with Champagne sorbet. That sorbet was beyond delicious!!

Our drinks were the Wavesicle. Yummy!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Breakfast this morning at the Kona Cafe. I was considering other options but knew I'd regret not ordering my favorite!! :sunny:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The Kona Island offers quick service food items.

image.jpg

After dinner last night we got back to the Hawaii building in time to grab a few sweets from the lounge to bring back to our room to go with the bottle of champagne that had been chilling!!

It was a really nice way to spend the last night of the trip

image.jpg

Before I forget!

For those of you who are staying CL, they don't have the large glass bottles of water to take back to your room. I've heard guests ask for a *bottle* of water for their room and were told they didn't have bottles. They will take your own water bottles into the back and fill them up with the same filtered water that is in the dispenser.

However, to get a large water to take back to your room ask for a CARAFE of water! This is what it will look like:

image.jpg

thanks for the reminder about the carafe. One of the IPO CMs I spoke with told me the same thing and also about the water bottles. I may grab a few more of the portable glass bottles to take as well. Sad about the torch lighting, we're bringing my daughter's best friend with us and she's never stayed at the Poly, was hoping she could absorb everything about it in this quick trip. Are the potstickers in the lounge the same as the 'Ohana ones or more like the ones from Kona? I had the Kona ones once and to me they weren't as tasty.

Drooling over those conch fritters (a perennial favorite of mine) and your meals at Kona and the wave look great. And love the mimosas in the morning. If only club level always offered that ; )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter