*LIVE* from the Polynesian GV CL ~ Aug 24-Sept 1 ~

I will for check out Tambu and Kona for take out bread pudding, thanks for the tips!!! I would love to take some back to the room for us on to nom on! Hope your day is magical so far!

Fantastic! Can't wait to sit by the pool. Curious about shade, I can't be in the sun much, hoping they put up more umbrellas! Enjoy your evening!

Aloha!!

Yesterday was busy, and I was exhausted, but we just had breakfast in the lounge and we're going to relax this morning, and then to Epcot tonight for Coral Reef and the Illuminations Sparkling dessert party!

Yesterday morning we had breakfast at the Kona Café. We had a press pot of Kona coffee and we shared an order of Pineapple-Macadamia nut pancakes. I LOVE them!! LOL

IMG_0779.JPG

IMG_0780 (2).JPG

We asked for extra pineapple and macadamia nut butter. I don't ruin the flavor by pouring maple syrup on them. LOL

While we were eating, I happened to look across the upper floor and into Moana Mercantile and I found this "Hidden Mickey"!! I zoomed in as much as I could. Let me know if you see it, too! (We had dinner with friends who are local here and they sid that this is a fairly new hidden Mickey!)

IMG_0777 (2).JPG

After breakfast I took a few pictures around the resort. I have to say, I still love this place! We have only encountered friendly CMs and other guests. (YMMV!)

IMG_0781.JPG

IMG_0782 (2).JPG

IMG_0783.JPG

The "back yard" of the Polynesian:

IMG_0776 (2).JPG

IMG_0775 (2).JPG

IMG_0785.JPG

IMG_0784.JPG

I wanted to add that soon I will post with replies to everyone's questions and comments!! :sunny:

We headed to the Magic Kingdome for a couple of rides and for lunch at Be Our Guest.

IMG_0789.JPG

IMG_0790.JPG

IMG_0791.JPG

We had pre-ordered our meals so it was very quick to be given our receipt and told to "Go inside and place this receipt on any clean table that you want!" I was SO glad that we did that because I saw the room with the ordering kiosks and I would not have had to wait in the line to get in there!!

We found a nice table for two off to the far left side of the Ballroom. It was cool and quiet there!

IMG_0794.JPG

Ok here's a HUGE tip!!! We bought these mister-fans about 10 years ago (not exaggerating!!) and they still work!! Notice the red fan blades as opposed to the current yellow ones!! Anyway, we didn't use the mister aspect much, but boy the fans were awesome! To cool off after coming in from the heat we each set up our fans on the table facing us. It was awesome!!!!!! LOL We paid $15 for ours and they've been back to WDW several times as well as on a few DCL cruises! They are currently $19 but if you think you'll use them, they're definitely worth the investment!!

IMG_0792.JPG

Now, on to the food! We each ordered the roast beef sandwich and they were VERY good! They came with skinny fries, which seemed to be the same ones that we had at Casey's on Monday. We also ordered 1 Grey Stuff cupcake and 1 of the lemon-raspberry puffs. (sorry my brain isn't working, I forget the actual names of these items. LOL)

IMG_0796.JPG

I tried the GREY stuff...... and...

IMG_0797.JPG

......IT WAS DELICIOUS!!!!!!

IMG_0798.JPG

In the end, DH and agreed that in the future we'd share a sandwich. Sadly, we left these tasty sandwiches behind... Just too much food.

IMG_0799.JPG

At the Grand Floridian right now. We were on a quest to find a specific item. The shops at the Polynesian didn't have them but the Mercantile here had 1 out and a very nice CM went in the back and came out with a box of them. What are these items you might wonder?? lol. They are Eyeglass cords with tiny Mickey heads on each end. lol. And I picked up this sparkly headband to wear tomorrow night to the California Grill since I'll be wearing black and white! lol.

image.jpg

We headed to the Magic Kingdome for a couple of rides and for lunch at Be Our Guest.

View attachment 119627

View attachment 119628

View attachment 119629

We had pre-ordered our meals so it was very quick to be given our receipt and told to "Go inside and place this receipt on any clean table that you want!" I was SO glad that we did that because I saw the room with the ordering kiosks and I would not have had to wait in the line to get in there!!

We found a nice table for two off to the far left side of the Ballroom. It was cool and quiet there!

View attachment 119631

Ok here's a HUGE tip!!! We bought these mister-fans about 10 years ago (not exaggerating!!) and they still work!! Notice the red fan blades as opposed to the current yellow ones!! Anyway, we didn't use the mister aspect much, but boy the fans were awesome! To cool off after coming in from the heat we each set up our fans on the table facing us. It was awesome!!!!!! LOL We paid $15 for ours and they've been back to WDW several times as well as on a few DCL cruises! They are currently $19 but if you think you'll use them, they're definitely worth the investment!!

View attachment 119632

Now, on to the food! We each ordered the roast beef sandwich and they were VERY good! They came with skinny fries, which seemed to be the same ones that we had at Casey's on Monday. We also ordered 1 Grey Stuff cupcake and 1 of the lemon-raspberry puffs. (sorry my brain isn't working, I forget the actual names of these items. LOL)

View attachment 119634

I tried the GREY stuff...... and...

View attachment 119636

......IT WAS DELICIOUS!!!!!!

View attachment 119635

In the end, DH and agreed that in the future we'd share a sandwich. Sadly, we left these tasty sandwiches behind... Just too much food.

View attachment 119637

I agree about the BOG lunch portions, they are huge!

After breakfast I took a few pictures around the resort. I have to say, I still love this place! We have only encountered friendly CMs and other guests. (YMMV!)

Thanks for all the great pictures and updates!! Sounds like we feel the exact same way about Poly :cloud9:.

Amy chance you could ask what they do for gluten free guest staying club level. Are they able to provide a warm appetizer choice each night that we at we will be in the lounge that would be Gf? I'm just curious. I have celiac and have a stay planned there in May.

Thanks and happy anniversary!

Sounds like you are having a very magical time! :wizard:

I'm loving all the great pics......thanks for sharing! The Poly is so beautiful :cloud9:.

On the hidden Mickey......is it to the left of the sign???

Fellow Bostonian here :) Im doing pretty much the same thing you are. Where did you stay your first night? We're going to DTD area..Best Western Lake Buena Vista (also flying JB out of Logan and checking into the Poly the following day Cant wait to see/read the rest of your trip Congratulations. Happy Anniversary!

Go Pats!!! LOL We stayed at the Orlando Airport Marriott Lakeside. We have a ton of Marriott Rewards points, so we used them. We were happy with our room and especially their airport shuttle service. Everyone there were very nice. :)

Love the anniversary check in story, and happy anniversary to you! Can't wait to hear about your room, we are staying GV CL in October for our 20 year anniversary, albeit with our 3 children along for the celebration too! I know the pool will be under construction, still hoping it's magical and not loud.

Thanks! The work being done on the east pool area honestly has not had any effect on our trip at all. We missed the heavy demolition, and now they're just doing some rebuilding work that isn't very noisy. Hopefully it will be ok in December!

Great start to your trip!! Yes, Irv is our favorite at Poly CL. My DH looks for him every trip....it just wouldn't be the same without him!

Irv really goes above and beyond!!!

Sounds like you've had a really great start to your Poly stay!

That's so special that you got 2 sets of lei's!

Are you happy with your room location? I'd love to see a pic of your view :flower1:

We are VERY happy with our room location. A week before we left I called IPO (usually I just email them, but I wanted to call them this time) and discussed specifically what we'd like in a room: third floor because we wanted a balcony, and asked for end closer to the elevator because of Samoa being there and could be a bit of a buffer. Also wanted a room close to elevator because I use a scooter or rolling walker and it's easier being close.

This room fit all of those perfectly! I couldn't have chosen a better room for us. I should say that the IPO CM asked if we'd like the ground floor better because the fencing around the construction looks pretty nice for a fence, and on the ground floor we could bypass the elevator. I thanked her for pointing those out, but that we'd still prefer the third floor. We wouldn't have been upset on the ground floor!

My DH CapeCAD has posted some of the views from our room/balcony. :)

You look lovely, enjoy your dinner and thank you for the wonderful updates, I can't tell you how much I am enjoying this, so thoughtful of you to do this, we all love it! Have a magical evening!!! PS: your view is nice, the palm trees are in the perfect location!

Exactly!! LOL They perfectly block and camouflage the construction.

Thank goodness for that smell, I'm thrilled to hear it's still there! I'm very sensory so the smell is really important! LOL about the dirt pit! My fingers are crossed for you that it's a none issue, no noise.

Nothing like a power Disney nap! I sleep better at Disney than any other place, including my own bed! I think it's a cross between lots of exercise and simply being my most happy and content being in my favorite place. Eat some banana bread pudding for me! Enjoy!

I'm very sensory too! The smells/scents, sounds, etc ! We were at Typhoon Lagoon today (rode out a 2-hour thunder/lightening storm! lol) and the smells and sights brought me right back to our trip in 2001 (this is the first time we've been back since then!) and I could see my sons 14 years younger there, and all of the fun we had!!

Happy anniversary!!! What a special way of acknowledging it! And how nice of your travel agent!!! Thank you for sharing your trip with us. I'll be at the Poly on 8/31 & this is getting me so excited for our trip! :)

We check out on the 31st but will be at the MK and Polynesian until around 6:30pm. Purposely booked a late flight! :D It's GORGEOUS here, you will have a great time! :sunny:

this sounds almost exactly the way I felt about our 'Ohana meal in May! The salad was 'meh", wings were a little tough to eat, I didn't even touch the veggies (they were mushy). Noodles were sad. I filled up on pot stickers and chicken with a piece of steak. I dislike having to peel the shrimp so I don't eat them. The bread pudding is worth it though. My plan is to order 'Ohana feast from room service on our arrival day so that the girls can munch while we get ready for the party. I've been told that you can under order (like order for three to feed four) if you're not huge eaters. I think I'll ask for extra dumplings!

I think you'd be fine with that. The portions they give you are large! We were a party of 2 and they brought out more than we could eat.

Happy Anniversary! I am enjoying the live report.

I know they are currently painting the outside of Hawaii - is the noise of the workers and/or cherry pickers bothersome?

I'm not sure about the lagoon side of Hawaii, but as of today they are DONE with the lounge end and the garden side. I don't *think* they are working on the lagoon side, but not sure. At any rate, if they still are, I think they should be done soon.

On the INSIDE of the glass doors of the Hawaii building, NO NOISE AT ALL. LOL Step outside, and we could hear the cherry pickers as we walked toward the pool. But as soon as we got about 20' away you couldn't hear it any more. Couldn't hear them at all at the pool. But like I said, they're gone as of right now.

So glad Poly still feels like home to you guys!! We felt the same way when we were there last month. Even though our room was a bit in need of refurb, it really didn't bother us -- the entire resort feel was just so magical. I love the pictures and updates you are giving us -- thanks so much for taking the time!

LOL - and glad you like the turkey corn dogs! I actually had a few myself on nights when I didn't care for the hot appetizers ;).

Oh and I also love the lights in the GCH. Great picture!

Thanks! I HAD to try those corn dogs!!! :D LOL

It looks like you guys are having a great time! Are you under shade at the pool?

Yes we were under shade at the pool! In fact, as we walking over to that table we saw that 2 CMs were putting up a new umbrella there, so they said it'd be ready in a few minutes, so we waited. lol

Yesterday while I was at the pool I counted TWENTY-FIVE umbrellas! This is so much better than the few that they started out with. ::yes::

Fantastic! Can't wait to sit by the pool. Curious about shade, I can't be in the sun much, hoping they put up more umbrellas! Enjoy your evening!

They have put up more. 25 was the count as of yesterday! :D

Amy chance you could ask what they do for gluten free guest staying club level. Are they able to provide a warm appetizer choice each night that we at we will be in the lounge that would be Gf? I'm just curious. I have celiac and have a stay planned there in May.

Thanks and happy anniversary!

I will ask the next time we are in the lounge. :)

Sounds like you are having a very magical time! :wizard:

I'm loving all the great pics......thanks for sharing! The Poly is so beautiful :cloud9:.

On the hidden Mickey......is it to the left of the sign???

Yes, that's it! :D

I posted this on my Disney in August Facebook group this morning, but I wanted to share this here too!

Just a quick post from WDW! Last night my husband and I attended the "Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party". After the fireworks were over we were looking at the pictures that we took of the fireworks when a woman came up to me and said "Are you missing a bracelet by any chance?" So I checked my left wrist and saw that my Magic Band was still there. Then I looked at my right wrist and saw that my Chamilia bracelet full of beads and charms worth hundreds of dollars and are priceless and irreplaceable was missing!! I felt shocked and looked at her and she then held out my bracelet!!! She said that she didn't want to turn it into a CM so she was asking people in the hopes of finding the owner. I hugged her so tight and thanked her over and over. It had been raining so we were wearing ponchos and I never would've noticed that it was missing until much later on and I would've had a heart attack and been extremely upset. So there are still really really really good people out there at WDW! I took a pic of my bracelet.

11940328_10207990895437044_7100636960813959760_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter