*LIVE* from the Polynesian GV CL ~ Aug 24-Sept 1 ~

SeaSpray

Disney World fan since 1976
Hi everyone :wave2:

This will be my very first LIVE trip report because in the past we preferred to leave our electronics at home, and our laptops were heavy, and internet access was slow dial-up, etc.

Now there's wi-fi in all of the resorts, and I have a nice, light Microsoft Surface tablet to bring with me!

Who: Me Terry :earsgirl: (54) and my DH John :earsboy: (52)
tjcastle (2).jpg

What: We're going to Disney World to celebrate our 15th Anniversary :love2:
The picture above was taken on our 10th Anniversary. :love:

Where: Evening arrival so staying first night at Marriott near MCO, then bright and early on the 24th we have Tiffany Towncar picking us and taking us to the Polynesian! :cloud9: :sunny: :mickeybar :yay: :beach:

When: August 23rd - September 1st! :teacher:

Why: Because we love Disney World!!! :tinker: ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo pluto: :eeyore: pooh: :stitch2: princess: pirate:

DINING ITINERARY (there will be links from this list as we go through our trip!)
Casey's - lunch
'Ohana - dinner
Kona Café - breakfast X 4
Be Our Guest - lunch
Kona Café - dinner
Grand Floridian Café - lunch
Coral Reef- dinner
Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party
Leaning Palms at Typhoon Lagoon - lunch
California Grill- dinner
Teppen Edo - lunch
50's Prime Time - lunch
Grand Floridian Café - dinner
The Wave - dinner
Plaza Restaurant - lunch

Plus: King Kamehameha Club daily food offerings!

Last edited:

Hi Terry! Im super excited to follow along with you and your live TR! Can't wait to see how it goes! :flower1:
Oh, and happy Anniversary!

Keep 'em coming, a little over a month for us, following along greedily!

Our JetBlue flight was on time and uneventful. We went to grab our luggage and then called our hotel for a shuttle. It pulled up 3 minutes later.

Now it's almost 10pm and I'm exhausted. Fortunately the hotel restaurant is still open so we're waiting for our meals to be served.

We will be checking into the Polynesian bright and early tomorrow morning. ☀️

Our JetBlue flight was on time and uneventful. We went to grab our luggage and then called our hotel for a shuttle. It pulled up 3 minutes later.

Now it's almost 10pm and I'm exhausted. Fortunately the hotel restaurant is still open so we're waiting for our meals to be served.

Delicious boneless fried chicken with brown butter mashed potatoes.
[GALLERY=]image.jpg [/GALLERY]

We will be checking into the Polynesian bright and early tomorrow morning. ☀️

Enjoy your anniversary trip! Jeff and I did our 23rd at the Beach Club last year (drug our then high school junior with us). At check in they bumped us from standard room to 2 bedroom suite. Here's hoping for a little pixie dust for you two!!

Arrived at thepolynesian early. Room not ready as expected. Tons of ppl checking in and out so did check in at GCH. CM noticed it was our anniversary so gave us pins. Then she said be right back. She came back with 2 fresh flower leis for us!! She said it's a tradition so she told us how to put leis around each other's necks and say Happy anniversary and Aloha to each other. That was so cool and special!! She gave us a card and a plastic container so we can store them in to keep them fresh. We plan on wearing them to 'Ohana tonight!'

Here I am on the monorail to MK. image.jpg

Arrived at thepolynesian early. Room not ready as expected. Tons of ppl checking in and out so did check in at GCH. CM noticed it was our anniversary so gave us pins. Then she said be right back. She came back with 2 fresh flower leis for us!! She said it's a tradition so she told us how to put leis around each other's necks and say Happy anniversary and Aloha to each other. That was so cool and special!! She gave us a card and a plastic container so we can store them in to keep them fresh. We plan on wearing them to 'Ohana tonight!'

Here I am on the monorail to MK. View attachment 119128

Sounds like you had a magical check in :).

Hope you have a great anniversary trip! Enjoy the day at MK and your Ohana dinner tonight :wizard:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter