****LIVE from the Poly**** (5/05)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by TigrLvsPooh, May 3, 2005.

1. TigrLvsPooh

TigrLvsPooh Planning WDW Trips Obsessively

Hello Everyone! :) Sorry it's taken so long to post, we arrived on Friday and have been having a great trip. :sunny: Tonight I finally have time to post (Tuesday night) because it's pouring the rain and we came back early. :teeth:

So, if anyone has any Poly questions... or other WDW questions post here and I'll try to answer as fast as I can!!! :wizard: We are in Samoa... great garden view room with view of pool, wedding pavilion, GF, EWP, lagoon, and partial Wishes view. I'll tell our room # later after we checkout.

Some basics....

No walls or visible construction at the Poly
    Exteriors of new lobby stuff done, working inside now
    Evening EMHs are fun, but more crowded than e-nights
    Light Motors Action is boring
    Haven't hit Soarin' yet
    The dining plan is making us all sick from eating too much
    Haven't seen Cinderellabration yet
    The boys loved Stitch's Great Escape
    Met StitchInside... only lime green ribbon I've seen!!!!

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.... I'll write more later. :)

:wave:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. MNmom

MNmom DIS Veteran

Thanks for the post.

We are going to the POLY in August. No questions...just have a great time and don't forget to smell the roses :flower3:

Would love to hear a report when you get home...hint, hint!!

4. *Fantasia*

*Fantasia* <font color=royalblue>Nothing beats a nice clean-c

I don't have any questions...yet... but I just wanted to say "Hi!" and I hope you have a "magical" time!! I can't wait to read your trip report when you come back.

5. hoochie

hoochie Earning My Ears

Please tell me the rain will stop....we're leaving in the morning!

Are you happy with the Poly? What are the crowds like in the parks?

Did you do any shows? I'm booked at Ohana's tomorrow night and mickey's backyard bbq on Wednesday....I'm starting to wonder if I've over scheduled myself....PS's most days....

Maybe we'll run into you...I have two young boys too....they're hoping to see power rangers at mgm...have you hit that park yet?

Looking forward to poly tomorrow!

6. Kala

Kala Mouseketeer

Hi!

Glad you're having such a great time!

Just wondering what the new construction areas in GCH look like? How is the configuration different from what you can see? What stores are reloacated so far? Is Captain Cook's still open and can you still get there from inside the lobby? Haven't been there since the construction began, but from what I've heard I'm curious as to what how different things will be...

Thanks,
    Kelli

7. hookedondizney

hookedondizney Mouseketeer

Hi! Thanks for asking....Can you find out what the construction schedule may be for the Tahiti bldg.? I have heard conflicting time frames. We will be arrive July 26-31 and supposedly this longhouse will be down for renovations. YUK this is the only longhouse/view I like! I am so dissapointed! Please, if you can find out anything I would be so greatful!
    Thanks, Hookedondizney :flower:

8. WDWBetsy

WDWBetsy found her happily ever after!!!

Glad you're having a good time! Looking forward to your review when your return! ::MinnieMo

9. PolyHereWeCome

PolyHereWeCome DIS Veteran

Aloha and very cool that you posted while there! Hope you had a truly magical trip! :wizard:

10. SeaSpray

SeaSpray Disney World fan since 1976

Aloha!! :wave2:

I'm glad you're having a great time! :sunny: I don't have any real questions, but if you happen to be in the gift shops at the Polynesian, can you try and notice if they have any: Mickey & Minnie beanies dressed in Hawaiian outfits? Also, do they have "Polynesian Resort" ceramic coffee mugs? Do they have Polynesian Resort license plate frames?? What do the Polynesian Resort t-shirts look like these days?? Did they put an arcade in the lobby? Or is it still over near the Neverland Club?? Thanks!!! :teeth:

11. DanaHesson

DanaHesson DIS Veteran

And have a great time!

12. dreamingdisney

dreamingdisney Mouseketeer

I'm so glad you've finally made it to WDW and you're having a great time! :flower: How do you like your room? How's the mousekeeping? We arrive on the 8th @ 6:30 am, I'll be sure to wear my lime green ribbons!

13. lyeag

lyeag DIS Veteran

Have a wonderful trip! Whenever we get to go again I am going to push dh to stay at the Poly! It just looked so relaxing...

14. Mermaid02

Mermaid02 <font color=blue>BL II - Blue Team<br><font color=

:wave: Hi Erika! I'm so envious of you! Have a great time and looking forward to your thoughts on the dining plan when you get back!!

15. gopack

gopack Mouseketeer

How are the crowds?

16. susy

susy Guest

Glad to hear you are having fun! We will be there in three weeks!!!

17. pirateofthecarolinas

pirateofthecarolinas <font color=FF00CC>AIN'T ain't a word!<br><font co

Does the castle look as beautiful as it does in pictues? I can't wait to see it. I hope you have a great vacation.

Lori

18. WeLoveThePoly

WeLoveThePoly I sense a disquieting metamorphosis .....

No questions here - just wanted to say have a wonderful time!

Oh I am so green with envy! I love the Poly and have to wait a year and half to get back there! ::yes::

I'll keep things in line back here in Indiana while you're gone! :wave:

Debbie

19. arizonacolbys

arizonacolbys Owner of 2 Crazy Labs!

Also curious about the crowds - we'll be there in 8 days!! :teeth: Have a great trip - we loved staying at the Polynesian - it's a great resort! :)

20. Tikiman

Tikiman He kuikawa ka 'ikena o kela wahi ho'oku ka'a e wai

You are supposed to be having fun. If you checked out everything I want checked out you would spend two days walking around the Polynesian. Just enjoy!!!!

Aloha

Steve

21. Tikiman

Tikiman He kuikawa ka 'ikena o kela wahi ho'oku ka'a e wai

I did not realize Florida was so far away it was a day ahead of California (5/05)?? :cool1: