**Live from the DIS Chat Room- It's Saturday Night!! Tonight: Start Your Engines!!*

WillyJ

<font color=purple>NyQuil Aficionado<br><font colo
Hi-De-Ho Kids!!! How was your week? :D

Well, I must say it was quite an interesting one here at The DIS Institute Of Chat, NyQuil, Buffet, and Television Studies. The dog days of summer are upon us here in scenic Bald Knob, and the heat has been brutal!!! Monday the temp reached a steamy 110 degrees. . . :o

. . . in fact it was so hot the local hillbillies converted their stills into ice cream makers!! . :jester: ;)

And wouldn't you know it, much to our dismay and displeasure, the AC system went out here at the Institute. . . and when we went to get it repaired, we were shocked to realize that the extended guarantee paperwork the builder had given us was actually a 12yr-old warranty on a Black and Decker hammer. . . :o :mad:

We were certainly dismayed and upset, but please don't think that the rough conditions in any way slowed down you humble chat hosts in our extensive chat research. . . nay, we are certainly made of stronger stuff then that!! We just accepted the situation rationally and agreed that with a little mind-over-matter we could deal with it, and then got on with our work. . . :)

. . and then 10 minutes later, we agreed that we could do our research just as easily from an air conditioned hotel suite. . . so we abandoned the scene, jumped a plane to Orlando, checked into the Wyndham Palace Resort & Spa, and spent the week watching HBO and running up massive room service tabs. . :teeth:

But the real excitement came earlier today. . . in an attempt to justify our expenses, we signed up for the Richard Petty Driving Experience. It was a cool, crisp morning, and the sun was just rising as we arrived at the Disney Wide World of Sports Complex for our chance to to get behind the wheel of a real race car. After a brief introduction and safety lesson, we were given crash helmets, put behind the wheel of our cars along with several other thrill seekers, and off we went. . . :bounce:

Things were great for the first couple laps- it was an exhilarating feeling being in control of such a powerful machine. . . but then things took a turn for the worse. . . literally! Marla, high on granola and decaf, ran an elderly woman from Dubuque, Iowa off the course and took the lead, then somehow managed to make a wrong turn and zoom off the track and out of the stadium!! :o And although I was able to keep my car on the oval (I was lagging way behind the rest of the pack because I'd been trying to find The Howard Stern show on the car radio), the rest of the confused tourists followed right behind her!!!

I was stunned of course, and immediately took decisive action. . . rolling down the window of my car and pointing vaguely in the direction Marla had disappeared in to the speedway officials before finishing my drive. . ;) :smooth:

But now as the afternoon wears on, I am of course quite concerned about Marla's well-being. . . I've set up an emergency control center here pool side at the Wyndham where I can stay updated on the situation by Disney officials and also watch college football and order snacks. The latest official report is that Marla was seen zooming across the Epcot parking lot with Chip and/or Dale plastered against her windshield and nearly colliding with a tram. . . although the busboy here swears he saw her try to jump her race car across the ferry landing onto the boat headed for the Magic Kingdom. . .

Soooo. . . we'll just have to hope she runs out of gas by the time chat commences, because this evening, Disney After Dark will be heading to Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex where we'll be whooping it up and checking the valet parking for Marla at the Official All Star Cafe
!!!
:bounce: :D

That's right kids, this sports-themed restaurant is a dream for those who always wanted to eat a $18 hamburger under a sweat-stained shirt once worn by Andre Aggasi . . . ;) While there we'll feast on traditional pub grup like Buffalo Wings, boiled shrimp, fried cheese, burgers, and of course, beer. . ;) :teeth:

So come on by and join the fun!! As always, the food, drink and fun are on the house, and everyone is invited. . . so fire up your computer, and join your chat hosts Marla and WillyJ. this Saturday night in the Main Chat Lobby at 9PM EST. It's a lot of fun, and a great opportunity to hang out with your fellow DIS'ers and get to know each other better in a relaxed, informal Atmosphere. :) As always, general Disney or Universal questions are encouraged and appreciated, and there will be a room full of Orlando veterans there to help you out. . .

Everyone's invited, so see ya there! :D

:bounce: Click here to get there: New Chat Sign-In Page :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter