Live from BWV

Tiger926

DIS Veteran
We checked in today after a very sad week as my grandpa unexpectedly passed away on Tuesday and my aunt (she is a cancer patient) is in hospital for pneumonia. We did have a great drive here - our best drive yet, but today has been a bit problematic, as far as first days go:

Resort - BWV is a nice resort - checked into our 1 bed, standard view, very quickly, but not one Welcome Home from anyone. This was sad as we love to hear this. CM at desk was not that friendly and forgot a few things, but no big deal. Our room was ready by 1:00, which was fab news as the baby wasn't feeling that great. This was welcome news. Room is good - we are on 3rd floor. Room was very clean, but is in need of the rehab that they are doing - shower is yucky. Room has a cool layout, but not baby friendly at all. Balcony has a ledge, so this is a disaster, plugs everywhere and no locks on doors. Kids seem to enjoy the room, so we are looking forward to eating breakfast on the balcony, while watching the ducks tomorrow morn. Rooms are large too, with lots of space for luggage, clothes, etc. Resort is large, and there are not enough elevators at all, so this is a pain in the backside that's for sure. Saw a wedding, and that was great, as well as fireworks from resort. DD loved the Luna Park Pool too! We also had Internet issues, and they fixed them immediately, as well as a drape issue as reported from previous guest, and a visit from a supervisor to ask us how our room was. Very good attention to detail on their part, with stellar customer service!

ADRs - Had issues with online ADRs that I made and the Concierge desk can't print up all ADRs due to new system. Had to do each individually and this took up valuable vacation time. There are still issues, but I'll sort them out tomorrow.

Package delivery - Despite special notes to wait on package, they delivered it anyway. DH was able to intercept, and it worked out so we could hide from the kids (surprises for their baskets). Resort is charging service fee for packages, so since we have 3, it's $15.00, that can be charged to our room card. I know this has already been discussed here, but just wanted to mention that it is in force here at this resort.

We are exhausted and going to bed, but thought I'd post as we've always wanted to stay here, and so far, so good. The rooms are cute, and we like the layout with the kitchen counters and chairs to eat at. Kids really like that! Rooms need DVD players though - seeing a VCR is very weird - LOL! Kind of dates the rooms, if you ask me. The jacuzzi tub also came in very handy to bathe the kids. Decor is ok, but dated as well. Despite so many neutral and light colours, the rooms are very clean and tidy.

We are looking forward to our week here - we just had a yucky rain/thunderstorm, so we couldn't hang on the Boardwalk tonight, so we'll try tomorrow night. Didn't really take photos, as kids were a bit grumpy, and we are absolutely exhausted, so I'll hopefully have time to post some photos.

Tiger :)

So sorry to hear about your family passing and being ill.

Glad to hear your settling in for a nice stay. We love the whole Boardwalk area, and can't wait to be there next month!

Thanks! We just woke up for our 1st morning at BWV and it's a glorious morning! The kids are opening their surprise baskets from Tinkerbelle and Mickey Mouse - they are delighted!

We are taking it easy as it was a bit of a rough start yesterday - we're here for 2 weeks, so we aren't rushing at all.

Be back later for more updates, Tiger :)

Sorry to hear about your grandfather.

I love the BWV. I'm glad you are liking it there too. The basket idea sounds fun. The kids must be excited.

Enjoy the rest of your stay and I look forward to reading more.

Have a great trip, looking forward to hearing more about BWV, we are staying there soon for the first time.

Enjoy your trip. We are also at BWV, but we are leaving tomorrow.

Thanks for the report and sorry about your Grandpa.

Are you sure it's not a combo DVD/VCR? My last few trips at BWV had a combo unit in a 1 bedroom.

so sorry for your sad news. You just take it slow this vacation and enjoy those babies of yours even more! BW is a great place to do that! Love the basket idea, their faces most have been priceless when they saw who they were from. Driving from Canada?!?!?! You are brave. Can I ask how long you allow for that?

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather, my Nanny is not doing very well right now and it is so upsetting. I hope you have a wonderful time at BWV's, that is a favorite of ours.:goodvibes

Sorry for your loss and sending a prayer that your aunt recovers from the pneumonia and cancer soon.

We love the 1 bedroom BWV SV rooms. I am looking forward to the rehab, too. But are you sure you don't have a combo DVC/VCR player? That's what we have always had there.

Enjoy the trip!

Sorry for your loss. :grouphug:
Looking forward to your updates. BWV is so spread out, it sometimes feels like you can get lost in the hallways!!:scared1:

Sorry bout your loss:hug:
We just returned from BWV and had a great time as i'm sure you will too. Have a GREAT trip...Shawnpirate:

Sorry for your loss, and thanks for posting, some good observations there.

With small children, we always made a room request for "first floor small children" and it was always granted... and we brought our own electric plug covers.

Would love to hear reports of where you see rennovations, especially outside at the quiet pool - what is scaffolding covering? and if you run into renovation crews for rooms facing the quiet pool, especially first floor.

As you observed it's long overdue and it's our home resort. I haven't owned a VCR tape for 10 years now and I really feel DVC should have replaced all VCRs before now.

Enjoy your stay!

Update: Nevermind about scaffolding outside at quiet pool - another thread reported yesterday it was removed, yay!

Thanks all for the kind words regarding my Grandpa and my aunt. My aunt is recovering slowly, but being a cancer patient, MS and serious asthma (among other health issues) at only 45 years of age, she's a sensitive soul. Thanks for the prayers.

Re: Vcrs - I was incorrect. I did double check again later on last night, and you are right, they are combo units. Sorry!

Re: Renovations - Haven't seen any scaffolding as we are still making our way around this huge resort. We are in the old rooms, so it would be nice to see what the new rooms look like once they are complete - I saw photos that were posted on here the other day, but in person would be cool!

Re: Resort - It is huge! We have a super long walk to our room, but it has a stellar view of the front fountain and fireworks, so we are all good! Kids are used to it by now - last year our room at Yacht Club was so extremely far too. The rooms themselves are very adult oriented - a very dangerous ledge on the balcony, some of the plugs are loose (we forgot our plug covers and may go to pick some up), shutter thing between bedroom and bathroom is very dangerous, locks are very easy to unlock onto balcony and counter ledge in family room/kitchen is a climbing hazard. There are a few other things, but we are surviving. We notice that these rooms seemed to really aimed to adults, so this is something for us to keep in mind for next time. We always ask for an upper floor with babies, but perhaps I will look into the above mentioned request. Thanks.

Basically, we are finding some very friendly and efficient CMs. Like the resort a lot, DD loves Luna Park Pool too. We haven't eaten here as we have eaten at Epcot, although we were enjoying a nice lunch at EPSN Club yesterday, but baby wasn't feeling well, so we took it to go. Yummy! We received our first Welcome today at Epcot - we have been wearing DVC hats, so not sure what is up? This made our day today and the CM seemed happy to Welcome us home!

We had breakfast while watching the ducks, and enjoyed a splendid morning at Epcot - visited The Land, ate at Sunshine Seasons (yummy!), met Alice and Mary Poppins, watched the dancing fountains, shopped at Mouse Gear and made crafts at Kidcot stops. Tonight it's dinner with the Princesses at Akershus, fireworks and some swimming.

I haven't taken many resort photos yet, but I will hopefully take some soon.:thumbsup2

Tiger :)

So sorry to read about everthing you are going through. Hoefully your two weeks there with your family will be of some help, support and comfort to you.

We were are BWV in May and the renovations would start around 7:30 a.m. Our room was on the green and they were replacing the balcony doors so it was a but noisy but as least it gave us an early start to the parks.

One thing I was curious about was the $5 charge for resort delivery. When did that start? I never paid to have packages delivered back? ("Resort is charging service fee for packages, so since we have 3, it's $15.00, that can be charged to our room card. I know this has already been discussed here, but just wanted to mention that it is in force here at this resort.").

Have a great trip! Enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter