LIVE Dining Report!!! 7 days at Disney :)

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by DisneyDancin7, May 12, 2010.

1. DisneyDancin7

DisneyDancin7 Loves the Smell of Columbia Harbour House

Hello there fellow DISers!!!

I'm really excited to be doing a LIVE dining report! I've never done one before so we'll see if I can keep up with it! So please bear with me as I try to make it as fun and yummy as possible :goodvibes ... even though I know I will never be able to measure up to MickeyNicki or Brenda!

So, let's start with the basics...

We leave on Thursday to drive down and will arrive (hopefully) around 1:00pm on Friday (staying at POP). Here is the gang :grouphug: :

Me (Stephanie): A 21 year old girl obsessed with all things Disney! I love to eat and I am not terribly picky about my food (except with my meat...I like it burned! PLEASE don't give me anything with pink in it!! :scared1: ) I'm currently a student studying Pre-Med: Biology...crazy I know! But I'm hoping to attend Pharmacy school in 2 years.

Dad (Frank): The driver. We have a long way to go from Illinois! Again, loves almost all food, but he is diabetic...so there may be a few sugar-free treats along the way!

Mom (Ann): The peace-keeper. She's in charge of handling directions (not that we need them!) and making sure me and my sister don't kill each other being in the car for that long :rotfl: As a former cake decorator, she is a BIG sweets lover! Mom and Dad will be celebrating their 35th Wedding Anniversary!!!

Sister (Mandy): Enjoying her last vacation due to Med school. Will eat ANYTHING that includes chocolate! She is picky about her meat...typically only eats chicken, but will occasionally try something new if it looks/smells good :thumbsup2

Brother (Frank), Sister-in-Law (Kim), and Nephew (Frankie): Joining us down there (they will be flying out on Friday morning). We've never gotten to be at Disney with my nephew (who is 2 years old) so I'm excited to see how he reacts to everything! My brother is not picky at all, he will eat anything you put in front of him (a typical guy) and my nephew must take after him! However, my sister-in-law is pregnant right now with their baby girl due in August! So on top of her already-picky eating, she will be extra picky with her food :laughing:

Here's a pic of all of us in case you want to put a face to a name:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Onto the schedule!

Friday, May 14th: Dinner at 'Ohana (my sister and I ordered an anniversary cake to be delivered at the restaurant!)

Saturday, May 15th:

Sunday, May 16th:

Monday, May 17th:

Tuesday, May 18th:

Wednesday, May 19th:

Thursday, May 20th: Lunch at Le Cellier

Friday, May 21st: Depart for home :sad1: but may visit DTD...

I apologize for all of the blank dates! These will be updated tomorrow when I can find mom's planner! I searched for it in the dark (she and dad are asleep) but no luck :rotfl2:

Thanks for reading!!! :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Linda67

Linda67 Has a Masters in Margaritas

How exciting :cool1:
    Count me in popcorn::

4. scanne

scanne <font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears

Sounds like a fun trip! Can't wait to read more.

5. princessallegra

princessallegra They call me Mrs. Disney

Very exciting!! Have a safe trip down there!!!!

6. jakenjess

jakenjess DIS Veteran

Count me in!:thumbsup2

7. Dani&TJsMom

Dani&TJsMom Mouseketeer

Sounds great! Count me in.

8. TigerKat

TigerKat DIS Veteran

Count me in! Have a safe trip!:thumbsup2

9. JenniBB

JenniBB Mouseketeer

Can't wait to hear all about it!!

10. letstalkboutdisney

letstalkboutdisney Mouseketeer

I'm in can't wait.

11. milmore104

milmore104 My DH is "Dusty Boots"

12. 3prettyprincesses

3prettyprincesses "These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

:woohoo:I love live dining reviews! Say that 10 times fast!:laughing: Looking forward to reading them, have a great trip!:goodvibes

13. DisneyDancin7

Thanks everyone for joining in! I can't believe we leave in a few hours!!! Time to go to bed :cloud9:

14. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

Ohhh! I'm in have a great trip!

15. MaumeeMom

MaumeeMom DIS Veteran

Have a great trip!

16. msnwithers

msnwithers Mouseketeer

Be safe and keep us posted!:yay:

17. rhondag508

rhondag508 Mouseketeer

Sounds like fun! Drive safely!

18. PixieDustandEeyore

PixieDustandEeyore DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear how your trip is going!

19. gigi1976

gigi1976 Mouseketeer

I love live reports!

20. Gouden Leeuw

Gouden Leeuw Mouseketeer

Im in. Have fun!

21. DisneyDancin7

Hello to all! :wave2:

Well it is about 11:00 eastern time. We lost an hour because in Illinois we are on central time...but no worries because I got to sleep a lot in the car!
    Right now we are at the Holiday Inn in Georgia. We have about 6 more hours to go till we get to Disney!!!

Even though we aren't there yet, I figured I'd go ahead an review some "road trip food" :laughing:

We stopped at a Wendy's in Paducah, KY. I got a single burger with a side salad. Since I'm on a low-carb diet (at least until arrival :goodvibes) I took off the buns and just ate the meat, tomato, pickles, and onion. I didn't bother to have the ketchup taken off because there was probably less than a teaspoon anyway. It was a decent burger! At least for a fast-food chain. And the salad was good too. I had the lemon garlic ceasar dressing and it was delicious! Overall, it was a good lunch.

Of course, anytime I eat a meal I always need something sweet afterward :rolleyes1 So a little ways down the road I ate an Atkins peanut caramel bar. It was delicious! And only 3 carbs!

For dinner we went to a Shoney's (we used to have them up north but not anymore). I have to say that I was impressed. It was clean and the salad bar was well tended. The food was fresh and delicious. I must have eaten an entire plate of the strawberry whipped cream :cloud9: I just couldn't help myself!!!

Well, that's all for today! Can't wait to be at Disney tomorrow!! We'll be eating at 'Ohana so I promise I'll be posting some actual Disney food!!!

Good Night! And thanks for reading! :cheer2: