List of resorts with refurbed bedding?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by basketlacey, Aug 2, 2013.

1. basketlacey

basketlacey DIS Veteran

Does anyone have a list of the resorts that have updated to the down comforters wrapped in sheets as opposed to bed spreads?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. mariamouse

mariamouse <font color=CC66CC>Believes in the magic!!<br><fon

Pretty sure that the only deluxes that still have the old bedspreads are the GF and AKL.

It is likely that those room refurbs will start soon, but no official announcement yet. IMO, it is pretty surprising that the WDW flagship (GF) has yet to be updated. I would expect that to start this fall/winter (or at least I hope it will).

4. basketlacey

basketlacey DIS Veteran

I was surprised when looking at the GF thread that they still had the bedspreads. What about mods or values? We are staying at BWV in a couple of months (which hasn't been updated - boo!). I think we are going to come in a day or two early and do our first split stay so just pondering my options!

5. abdgeek

abdgeek DIS Veteran

BLT has the new bedding.

6. DznyCrzy11

DznyCrzy11 "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference wh

Poly has the new bedding.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

7. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

This is correct. The GF and AKL are the only two deluxes left with the bed spreads. I read somewhere recently that the GF was next in line for room refurbs. I can't remember where I read it or when it was supposed to start, but I'm thinking maybe after the GF villas are complete :confused3.

8. LilyWDW

LilyWDW Going to My Happy Place

Are they down or other material?

Seems like an odd question, but I am allergic to down and feathers. Just like to know ahead of time. Luckily Disney does not use feather pillows! Had the worst time in Europe with that and it was hard to explain WHY I needed different pillows (language barriers at times).

9. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

I thought BLT had a duvet, not triple sheeting.

10. nkereina

nkereina Last chance to lose your keys.

CSR doesn't have one of the older style heavy bedspreads, but I'm not sure if it's a duvet or the sheet thing.

11. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

They definitely would not use down comforters or pillows because of the allergy issues.

Can you imagine the logistics of an operation the size of Disney to have to switch out pillows and comforters every time someone reported an allergy?

12. Missoutandabout

Missoutandabout DIS Veteran

CBR had switched over to a blanket within sheets (not a heavier duvet like I've seen at YC/BC.)

13. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

That is triple sheeting. Bottom sheet, top sheet, blanket and another top sheet.

14. Jonell

Jonell DIS Veteran

I'm wondering if I should bring my own comforter if all some beds have is a blanket and sheets. We're staying at BWV in 3 weeks and my DH likes to keep the room cold. I don't want to freeze at night!!!

15. mum2four

mum2four DIS Veteran

AOA was in the process of switching over to triple sheeting during our stay in May. It was so much nicer than the awful bedspreads they had when we first arrived! I wasn't cold at all with the triple sheeting, but we kept the room at 72 degrees.