List of Dream/Fantasy 4D rooms that dont look down on lifeboats?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by DisneyDream2B, Dec 7, 2012.

1. DisneyDream2B

DisneyDream2B Mouseketeer

We are wondering if anyone has stayed in a 4D that isn't just above a lifeboat? We like the category 4 rooms and deck 6, but want to avoid the 'top of the lifeboat' view. Any advice?
    Thanks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Mariellen102

Mariellen102 Mouseketeer

I am curious about this answer too! I just booked Cat 4B on the Dream yesterday and I chose 4B bc i felt on the other lower levels i would be looking down at the life boats??

4. karaintn

karaintn Earning My Ears

I booked 6586 on the Fantasy because the reviews of this stateroom (in the stateroom section at the top of this page) say it looks down between 2 lifeboats, and that you can see directly down into the water.

5. Gatrcruzer

Gatrcruzer Mouseketeer

We were recently on the Dream in a cat. 4D over the lifeboats, and it did not interfere with the quality of our cruise. If you are standing at the rail and look directly down there is obstruction, but if you are just sitting out on your balcony (which we normally do) looking out at the sea you don't see them, and if you stand at the rail and look out to sea you don't notice them. My 4 yo DD kept stepping up on the little outside table to peer over the side (even though we repeatedly told her to get off, not to do it, time out, etc.) and I have to say it was comforting to know there was a lifeboat there to catch her in the unlikely event that she went over the side. I would not worry about this issue.

6. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Just a thought--when I look out from my balcony, I don't lean over the railing and look straight down; I look out at the water. Yes, I get it that with the way the ships are constructed, I don't have to look straight down to see the lifeboats--they are slightly farther out than the deck I am on. However, having the lifeboats there has never interfered with my enjoyment of my balcony. They really don't interfere with my view at all. And ultimately, I'm glad that they are there!

Honestly, it bothers me more that if I am on deck 6, someone from deck 10 can look over and see ME on my balcony!

7. snl2106

snl2106 Earning My Ears

We had a room on the Dream last month. #6070 It wasnt bad having the lifeboat right under us. Still had an awesome view. I think I have picture or two off the veranda will post. And Nobody can look down at you unless the look from the whirlpool on deck 11 threw the floor. (they have a glass bottom to them) All cabins gor straight up to that deck. We did enjoy the cabin