Liquids in checked luggage

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Traveler4Life, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Traveler4Life

Traveler4Life Earning My Ears

I understand no liquids in the checked luggage as far as drinks but does that include toiletries too like mouthwash and saline? I'm sure these are acceptable in checked bags, right? I may be over thinking things......

2. jasec2

jasec2 Mouseketeer

In checked bags, not carry on, I have put juice boxes for the kids. Never had a problem so I can't see there would be an issue with saline or mouthwash.

3. Traveler4Life

Traveler4Life Earning My Ears

Okay. I have juice boxes in my carry-on but will leave mouthwash and saline in the checked luggage. The whole drinks and food thing confuses me as to what can be packed where. I just want to ensure my stuff gets onboard (smiles).

4. lanejudy

lanejudy Moderator Moderator

I think the difference is that with toiletries you aren't likely to have gallons of such items, whereas with beverages people will fill a whole suitcase of just drinks. If/when it that bag gets tossed around enough and something breaks, the beverages will leak and make a mess. The toiletries are likely cushioned within the suitcase by all the clothing, and don't involve as much liquid if they do break.

Short-answer: liquid toiletries are allowed in checked luggage.

Enjoy your cruise!