• Back to Magic Kingdom after dinner

FastPass+
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: 10:10-11:10
  • Splash Mountain: 11:30-12:30
  • Space Mountain: 12:30-1:30

ADR:
  • 1900 Park Fare: 6:10pm

Fast forward to when we're back home.

The family is at one of those second-hand book/music/video game stores, and I'm thinking about our Disney trip. To be honest, I can't really remember much from it. It went by really quick, and I don't have any lasting memories. Sad. It was almost a waste of a trip. How depressing.

...and then I woke up! It was just a dream. I tend to have crazy dreams in Disney, and this was a bad one. But as I said, then I woke up, with 11 days left in the trip! We haven't even hit a park yet. But that will change today.

It was an interesting night in other ways, too, with me noticing Dylan mumbling, "shut up!", angrily, at about 2:00 am. After a few times, I asked him if Kristin's snopring was keeping her up. Yep, that's it. I politely ask Kristin to roll over (I am a strong advocate of politeness in the middle of the night), and he slept well the rest of the night.

MK opens at 9:00 am this morning, following those dumb bonus 1%er paid morning hours. It was all doom-and-gloom on the DISboards concerning how those would affect the commoner rope drop lines, but I'm trying to be optimistic. On top of that, with the Pulse shootings, I'm guessing the security lines will take forever today, so Baymax has me up at 5:30. He says my family is in need of a fist bump. We have a fist bump, so we're on the right track already.

My morning routine stays the same across trips - shower, ironing (which we almost never do at home), protein bar, then wake the rest of the family. I'm trying to get in some push ups and crunches every day, but that's tough for me this early. I do it, but it takes forever.

No more morning El Centro trips, since no one touches the mugs I fill until the afternoon, anyway, and the kids are subbing protein bars for muffins.

Speaking of the kids, they have an even harder time getting up. They're VERY late sleepers at home, as is Kristin, so this is an adjustment for them, when they don't have to get up for school. But c'mon, we gotta hit MK before the lines get long!

Getting ready wasn't a huge issue (it's only Day 2), and we're out the door at 7:45.

Bus Stop 4 is our spot again this year, and look what they put in!

These are great!

The bus arrives shortly after (as evident from the bus board), and we're at the Magic Kingdom by 8:10. Plenty of time!

As it turned out, the bag check lines were no longer than usual, but we did have to go through metal detectors. That was a quick process, too, though, so we're in front of the train station with plenty of time to spare. Which means the kids get bored (doesn't take much). Too bad.

So now, we wait.

Characters!

The rope comes down at 8:45, and in we go!

We had a discussion about what we would ride first. Kristin and I want to say "hi" to Nana at Peter Pan's Flight to kick it off, but the kids say that ride's "boring". What?? We're willing to compromise, though, so once inside, it's straight back to Frontierland. Even though we have FPs in a few hours, we're riding Splash Mountain first.

The CMs in Frontierland to everyone to mosey on down through the land on our way to the E-ticket attractions, and I was one of the few who listened. C'mon, people. Play along. They're not asking a lot of you.

The ride opened after we arrived, and ended up in the second boat!

Up we go...

I had just gotten done saying that the water cannon at the front end of the Briar Patch hasn't been used in years when it blasted us. Nice! My goal is to get wet on this ride. Very wet. It's going to be hot today.

I think the people riding with us were first-timers, because the teenage daughter kept referring to the main character as "Briar Rabbit". Briar Rabbit? Really?

The ride started out great, then broke down right before we got to the Laughing Place. Look out, Briar Rabbit!

It wasn't down long, though, and shortly after we were down Chick-a-pin Hill and into the Br'er Patch.

We got wet on the big hill, but not ridiculously wet. Up next, we walked over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, which was originally scheduled for refurb throughout the duration of our visit. It's a family favorite, so we're elated that we can ride it! Nothing big was down for our entire trip this time, now that I think of it.

BTMRR was basically a walk-on both times. Hitting rope drop at MK is essential, as I'm sure most of you know. It didn't seem like the early morning paid crowd effected things too much, either, though we didn't even try to hit the Mine Train standby.

Normally, I would take about 2000 photos on this ride alone, but 1. Kristin's phone, and 2. we have about 20,000 photos of this ride from prior trips. We did get this photo, though.

There were two water bottles down in the underground springs part of the ride (on the first incline). Kristin also saw what she thought were shorts (turned out to be a hat) on Splash Mountain, so it seems like Disney's not cleaning up everything they should be. Still, the restrooms were clean, and the parks, in general, were nice. But get the rides cleaned up, Disney!

After the second ride, we got some more photos...

...and then, it was on to our next ride. How about Pirates?

Pirates it is! The wait was listed as sometihng like 15 minutes, but it was a bit longer than that. We passed the time playing Heads Up - Disney Parks edition, and learned that some members of the family give better clues than others. Emily got to guess "World of Color", which was perfect, since the two of us LOVE the old theme song. I just had to hum it, and she had no problem getting it right :)

For some reason, we didn't take any photos, but Pirates is Pirates. You've been on it. You know it. We didn't get wet, either. Boats were dry. Then again, I don't recall ever riding that in a partially-submerged boat, so we've been lucky in that regard.

After Pirates, it was time to cash in our first FastPasses of the trip, for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train! There's disagreement on the 'boards about this ride, but we all love it. Yes, it's short. But it's a lot of fun while it's going, and the animatronics are top-notch. For some reason, the shadows of the dwarfs exiting the mine isn't running (my favorite part), but it's still a great time. We DID get photos of this one.

Darn you, witch!

Gotta keep it semi-clean for the DISboards, y'know. But I really hate that witch. Darn her. Darn her to heck.

If you noticed that we also got our "2" photo from this ride, good spotting! You win hand sanitizer, available for redemption at any Disney's Magical Express bus!

A quick, purchaseless stop at Memento Mori...

...and it was off to lunch. Oddly enough, I didn't buy anything there. I think it's overwhelming. There's too much I want to buy, so I end up not being able to pick anything. Kristin was looking for a HM phone case for her friend, but they have nothing in an iPhone 6 Plus.

Anyway, lunch. With three days at Magic Kindom, it was unlikely that we'd eat lunch inside MK every day we're in this park, but today would include a return to an old go-to - Columbia Harbor House.

CHH was great, as always. I got the fried shrimp:

I got corn instead of fries, because healthy. Counterbalances the fried shrimp and dessert. Or so I tell myself.

Emily flipped it up (they must not have Mac and Cheese) and got chicken pot pie.

Dylan and Kristin got chicken nuggets:

For dessert, some of us got the (can't go wrong with the) chocokate cake (seen in previous photo), while others went for the cobbler (also seen in previou photo). The cobbler was delicious! We've been coming here for years, and it never lets us down. We're early enough to avoid the rush, too.

We head upstairs, and Kristin looks confused. She asks a CM if they closed off the area over the walkway, but they didn't - we just haven't walked down far enough. You'd think we'd know this by now.

The area was all-but-empty, so we go to sit with the view of the park. We chose to sit Fastasyland-side, over Liberty Square side.

We love people watching from CHH!

After lunch, we had another FP to redeem, and that would take us back into the Br'er - I mean, Briar Patch on Splash Mountain.

The Magic has been Awoken! Cool!

We rode, it was great, and we had fun. Ok, moving on!

We scheduled most of our FPs, at least for this park, in the morning or early afternoon, so we could use them up before we go back to the resort and can make a fourth for after dinner.

Our last one was Space Mountain. I think we had the same 3 FPs for every MK day. We made the long walk through Adventureland, for some reason.

That place was originally where we planned to eat on this day, but that idea got dropped when they announced that the would be not accepting reservations. Um...ok?

Later, they added same day ADRs, but still, no. I don't want to try to do that and find out there weren't any available, with no backup booked.

I think they now allow extended ADRs, but sorry. Too late. You had your chance. No Skippers for us.

Through the Hub now...

...and into Tomorrowland.

We still had about 20 minutes until we could ride, so we stopped into Mickey's Star Traders and Merchant of Venus. Hey, Dylan - let's buy this!

Cool, this is like the old Haunted Mansion poster!

But, as Dylan points out, it has Hayden Christiansen Anakin, instead of older, original Anakin. So no, thanks.

I pick up a puzzle of the original HM poster (sans Hayden Christiansen Anakin).

I don't do puzzles often, but when I do, I'm all-in on them. I have to beat them. They have to go down.

Shopping done, our SM FPs are ready now, and on we go!

This ride is quickly becoming one of my favorites. In fact, it's now my favorite ride at WDW that is not housed in a mansion. It's so crazy, and we love it!

The screens on the conveyor belt following the ride now have personalize messages, but they're lies. I don't recall EVER talking about ice fishing on some remote moon. Please don't put words in my mouth.

Afterwards, I got a random shot in the gift shop, which didn't come out that great.

But I posted it anyway. I just don't care.

They have a "customize a phone case or Magic Band" sytem in that store, too, and Kristin's been (as I said earlier) looking for a Haunted Mansion case for her friend back home. No luck outside of the customizable cases, though, since they apparently don't stock a lot of cases for the iPhone 6 Plus. The customizable ones are more expensive, though, so she texts her friend to let her know.

I make a swift decision to buy a Space Mountain t-shirt, since I missed out on one a few years back, and haven't seen one I liked since then. Until now. I don't know that I got a picture of it, but it's black and has an illustration of astronauts on the ride.

After I pick it out, a CM sees my HM t-shirt and asks if I can name the Disney HM clones that aren't called "Haunted Mansion". I knew Phantom Manor, but I didn't know that Mystic Manor was supposed to be a "haunted mansion", per se. You learn something new every day! I love the trivia on this trip :)

While in line, Kristin was able to make additional FPs for this ride for 7:15, thanks to an improvement in My Disney Experience technology. And thanks to Kristin finally getting a smart phone.

After SM, we take a spin on the People Mover. The large group in front of us decides to stop after stepping off the conveyor up to the ride, nearly causing a pile-up behind them. Look out!

We eventually get on the ride, and there's no shortage of photos from this one:

Crowd shot!

Castle shot!

Crowd shot!

Speedway shots!

We sort of like the Speedway...I mean, we'll ride it, and we have fun riding it, but it's not a "must do" by any stretch of the imagination. We might ride it at some point on this trip. Who knows?

Not-so-secret path to Toonto- um, I mean Dumbo's Circus shots!

We have next to no use for Dumbo's Circus. We liked Toontown. Dumbo's Circus? Not so much. Nothing we really like there. And, no I'm not foreshadowing here. I promise.

I know Dylan is doing something to annoy Emily in this next photo:

How can I tell? By looking at the next photo:

That is a BIG part of their relationship. One makes a comment to bug the other, the other gets mad, the first one smells blood in the water, and it escalates. Then, we shut it down. One day, they'll learn to do that themselves. But not in Disney.

More photos!

We're done with Tomorrowland now...

Wait, is this place actually open?

I don't know that I've ever seen that place open. I don't even know what they serve. Wasn't it noodles at one point?

Before heading back to Coronado, we ducked into some of the shops on Main Street. The world-famous glass tycoons, the Aribas Bros. (tm) sure look happy to see us!

Random photos while Kristin looks for a Dooney and Bourke "It's a Small World" bag, which hasn't been released yet, apparently:

I wish you could still hear the singing lessons.

After a little shopping, we boarded the bus and were on our way back to CSR. Some of us are beat:

Others are beat, but not too beat to dab:

It 2:00, and we're home! But which way do we go?

Thank's, Mickey's Magical Sign Post (tm)!

And here we are!

And here's our view:

And here are the girls:

And here's theming:

Dylan and Kristin opt for naps (what?), but Emily and I are headed to the pool. No photos, because Kristin's phone.

After a while, Kristin joins us at the pool. Apparently, the photo of her in the cover-up was taken AFTER I said it was. Anyway, we swim for at least an hour, then head over to El Centro.

Looks like I got my hands on Kristin's phone!

Turtle!

Getting closer...

Looking back...

There's MMSP (tm) again.

More photos:

..and we're here!

We fill up our mugs at the Pepper Market...

...and duck into Panchitos:

No pun intended. Honestly. Plus, only one of them is a duck. One is a parrot. The other is whatever this is:

I can't remember what, if anything, we bought at El Centro that day. Not sure why we were here, to be honest, because we could have filled up our mugs at the pool.

Back to the room now, and it's time to get ready. Dinner at 1900 Park Fare tonight!

(Up next, what I just said!)

Last edited:
Looks like you guys are having a great start to the trip. I love Splash Mountain, but can't stand to be wet in regular clothes for any length of time (the sour smell is worse) - I always have to plan as the last ride before leaving the park. We love the people mover and miss it at Disneyland.

Too bad you and Dylan will miss out next year. You'll have to really draw this report out or perhaps Kristin will take a turn at a TR.

Panchito is a rooster! :donald: Thank you so much for taking photos of the Caballeros, I love them so much.

Also, thanks to your previous update, I really want to watch A Christmas Story now. It's July... Christmas in July is a thing, right? "He had yellow eyes, so help me god, yellow eyes!"

Hope everything went well with the lack of mac and cheese, and I can't wait to read more about your trip!

following along!! looks like you're off to a great start.

we tried CBR this year and it was met with a giant MEH from all 5 of us... so back to POR we go for our next family trip. would love to give CSR a try, but we've got that pesky 3rd kid. ;)

skipper's canteen is hard w/ picky eaters... my husband, oldest and i loved it, and we fed the other 2 corndogs from casey's afterwards.

My weird self noticed that you are not holding up the tradition of wearing a shirt that does not fit in the park. Your trip report is making me excited for our August trip and wanting to do the 11 day thing too. Your Disney dream sounds like my pre-Disney dreams - Oh no, we forgot the passes and will never get to a park! Yeah...the main trip planner experiences major anxiety. Can't wait to read more!

It was an interesting night in other ways, too, with me noticing Dylan mumbling, "shut up!", angrily, at about 2:00 am. After a few times, I asked him if Kristin's snopring was keeping her up. Yep, that's it. I politely ask Kristin to roll over (I am a strong advocate of politeness in the middle of the night), and he slept well the rest of the night.

I start out polite with the DH but most of the time it's a nice little 'love' pat in the ribs. :ssst:

We had a discussion about what we would ride first. Kristin and I want to say "hi" to Nana at Peter Pan's Flight to kick it off, but the kids say that ride's "boring". What??

We have to do the queue at least once at rope drop now. Walking through their bedroom is so much fun and a neat addition. I won't wait 50 minutes in the line but 10 is not an issue.

CSR is my new favorite resort. Also, quit your job and just do disney trip reports please!

You may also notice that I have a purple MB. Yep, that's right. They finally have purple, and OF COURSE I'm getting it. SKOL.

Love the purple MBs! Steve is getting one but I am sticking with orange. That's the color I've always gotten so I don't want to jinx things! Emily is going with yellow this year. Emily's boyfriend (of 4 years - they are like an old married couple) is joining us again this year and he selected gray. Boring gray.

This is us on the bus:

This picture cracked me up. Dylan reminds me of my brother when he was younger. He hated (and still hates) having his picture taken. If you look back at family photo albums he's never smiling in the posed pictures. And if you tried to get a candid shot of him all you got was him moving out of frame with his hands in front of his face like he's avoiding the paparazzi.

We reached the room, and it's about 100 feet, at most, from the pool area. Awesome! This is exactly what we wanted. Here's our view from the room:

The view from your room is beautiful!. I want a palm tree...

Not that I am an Iron Maiden fan (sorry!) but this is awesome. You willed the universe to merge two of your favorite things. "Iron Springs"? Or maybe "Coronado Maiden"?

...and then I woke up! It was just a dream. I tend to have crazy dreams in Disney, and this was a bad one. But as I said, then I woke up, with 11 days left in the trip! We haven't even hit a park yet. But that will change today.

Oh yeah, the Disney dreams. I'm starting to have them. It's such a relief when you wake up and realize your trip hasn't even started yet. [39 days and counting.....]

OK, I have got to get this. Love it!!!

Wow. I really messed up that quote and reply thing didn't I?

Very envious of your rope drop morning at MK. As my TR title suggests "Rope Drop is Tip #1"... We just never took advantage of that tip, even though I planned to AND I stressed to my parents how important it was and how much we would get done if we did it. Do I sound bitter???

Anyway, love me some Splash and BRMRR. Got my 4 yr old on Splash and he liked it except the big drop, which I think is what you wrote about Emily in either 2010 or 2011!

Love me some CHH as well. I need to sit up in that part you did but we always have the stroller. Did you guys just leave it outside the restaurant in the years you still used one?

Oh and I was really confused with the "girls" photo where Kristin was wearing something different...until you explained!

Looking forward to more!

love how excited everyone got that they now offered purple magic bands! Cool that the kids got the awaken summer ones - I might splurge on one of the limited edition star wars ones they will have out during out trip

Glad to see you did get on a bus that was headed to Disney World ... Dylan's excitement really jumps off the screen! Though, maybe he was just excited to wear his sweatshirt .... in June ... in Florida

Also glad to see you liked the "new" Pepper Market - food looks good! I am a bit worried for when my daughter gets onto the "adult" menus at Disney restaurants - although we never do the dining plan so at least doesn't impact things too much other than for buffets I guess

The pool at Coronado is really nice - though everytime I see it I still think the slide should come out the main part of the pyramid rather than on the side, but what can you do

We are big fans of throwing coins into fountains, etc. One grocery story near us has a place you can throw coins at and if you hit the right spots it makes animal noises, so the kids love that

Speaking of things kids love ... I still don't get the whole Whip and Nae Nae thing .... though, I still don't know exactly what a "bae" is so I don't think I am the target audience

Good job getting there on time - though I bet the kids mad ea comment about how they could have slept in a little more and still been early

I would think with the morning extra hours event just being in Fantasyland it shouldn't impact lines elsewhere too much ... and I think as long as things like that don't negatively impact the rest of us I am all for them

Well, at least that other boatmate didn't refer to him at Bugs Bunny I guess :confused3

I did notice your #2 was from the Mine Train (that reads kind of odd .. like, why was I even looking at your #2? .... good thing I won some hand sanitizer!)

We really like the Mine Train - I think if it was like 50% longer it would be a home run. I think people who complain about it either a) were expecting it to be some crazy thrill ride even though it was never promised to be b) still frustrated by how long it took to get built or c) just like to complain. Like it is a fun ride that kids love and is something brand new ... just enjoy it for what it is!

They did add true ADR ability for Skipper's Canteen and we have one for our upcoming trip. Been reading mixed reviews but I am excited to try something new.

As someone who has ridden Mystic Manor I would definitely not think of that as a Haunted Mansion clone. It takes place in a "mansion" - but there are no ghosts or anything and it is adventurer's Club themed ... so, um, yeah, not really. I guess as a stretch it is the only thing even remotely like that in Hong Kong Disneyland so I guess it is what they have instead of a Haunted Mansion

Love the Mickey's Magical Sign Post (tm)!

Oh, and I think the third of the Caballeros is a rooster

Looks like you guys are having a great start to the trip. I love Splash Mountain, but can't stand to be wet in regular clothes for any length of time (the sour smell is worse) - I always have to plan as the last ride before leaving the park. We love the people mover and miss it at Disneyland.

Too bad you and Dylan will miss out next year. You'll have to really draw this report out or perhaps Kristin will take a turn at a TR.

I like riding Splash early, so the wet counteracts the hot. We tend to dry quickly in June, however.

I already told Kristin the TR duties fall to her next year. She's not buying it :)

It will be tough to take a year off! Hopefully there will be some new things when we return in 2018!
Panchito is a rooster! :donald: Thank you so much for taking photos of the Caballeros, I love them so much.

Also, thanks to your previous update, I really want to watch A Christmas Story now. It's July... Christmas in July is a thing, right? "He had yellow eyes, so help me god, yellow eyes!"

Hope everything went well with the lack of mac and cheese, and I can't wait to read more about your trip!

We should have more Caballero photos later. I had the song stuck in my head for 3 days after we rode their boat ride :)

Christmas Story is an anytime film.

There will certainly be more mac & cheese!

following along!! looks like you're off to a great start.

we tried CBR this year and it was met with a giant MEH from all 5 of us... so back to POR we go for our next family trip. would love to give CSR a try, but we've got that pesky 3rd kid. ;)

skipper's canteen is hard w/ picky eaters... my husband, oldest and i loved it, and we fed the other 2 corndogs from casey's afterwards.

I'm hoping they put Murphy beds in at CSR, but don't know if it's in the plans. Sleeping wasn't too bad on this trip, though - Dylan doesn't move around like he once did, and I'm basically a log.

The menu was another thing that kept us from Skippers. I could find a lot, but the kids would have been a problem.

My weird self noticed that you are not holding up the tradition of wearing a shirt that does not fit in the park. Your trip report is making me excited for our August trip and wanting to do the 11 day thing too. Your Disney dream sounds like my pre-Disney dreams - Oh no, we forgot the passes and will never get to a park! Yeah...the main trip planner experiences major anxiety. Can't wait to read more!

Ooh, I can explain the shirt! It's a glow in the dark shirt, and MK has the most blacklights :)

The dream was awful, but it was awesome waking up and realizing it couldn't have been further from the truth!

I start out polite with the DH but most of the time it's a nice little 'love' pat in the ribs. :ssst:

We have to do the queue at least once at rope drop now. Walking through their bedroom is so much fun and a neat addition. I won't wait 50 minutes in the line but 10 is not an issue.

My left leg twitches when I sleep. I can assure you, there's no politeness involved when I'm being told about THAT.

We're still hoping to hit PP at rope drop so we can see the queue on this trip. Stay tuned!

CSR is my new favorite resort. Also, quit your job and just do disney trip reports please!

I would LOVE that.

Wow. I really messed up that quote and reply thing didn't I?

Yes! As a result, I have to comment on your replies separately :)

Very envious of your rope drop morning at MK. As my TR title suggests "Rope Drop is Tip #1"... We just never took advantage of that tip, even though I planned to AND I stressed to my parents how important it was and how much we would get done if we did it. Do I sound bitter???

Anyway, love me some Splash and BRMRR. Got my 4 yr old on Splash and he liked it except the big drop, which I think is what you wrote about Emily in either 2010 or 2011!

Love me some CHH as well. I need to sit up in that part you did but we always have the stroller. Did you guys just leave it outside the restaurant in the years you still used one?

Oh and I was really confused with the "girls" photo where Kristin was wearing something different...until you explained!

Looking forward to more!

Some people just don't get it! Fortunately, I think our kids bought into the "we can ride things multiple times" argument in regard to rope drop pretty quickly. Well, somewhat. Stay tuned!

I'm not sure what we did with the stroller at CHH on prior trips. I'm guessing we just left it over by IASW.

love how excited everyone got that they now offered purple magic bands! Cool that the kids got the awaken summer ones - I might splurge on one of the limited edition star wars ones they will have out during out trip

Glad to see you did get on a bus that was headed to Disney World ... Dylan's excitement really jumps off the screen! Though, maybe he was just excited to wear his sweatshirt .... in June ... in Florida

Also glad to see you liked the "new" Pepper Market - food looks good! I am a bit worried for when my daughter gets onto the "adult" menus at Disney restaurants - although we never do the dining plan so at least doesn't impact things too much other than for buffets I guess

The pool at Coronado is really nice - though everytime I see it I still think the slide should come out the main part of the pyramid rather than on the side, but what can you do

We are big fans of throwing coins into fountains, etc. One grocery story near us has a place you can throw coins at and if you hit the right spots it makes animal noises, so the kids love that

Speaking of things kids love ... I still don't get the whole Whip and Nae Nae thing .... though, I still don't know exactly what a "bae" is so I don't think I am the target audience

Good job getting there on time - though I bet the kids mad ea comment about how they could have slept in a little more and still been early

I would think with the morning extra hours event just being in Fantasyland it shouldn't impact lines elsewhere too much ... and I think as long as things like that don't negatively impact the rest of us I am all for them

Well, at least that other boatmate didn't refer to him at Bugs Bunny I guess :confused3

I did notice your #2 was from the Mine Train (that reads kind of odd .. like, why was I even looking at your #2? .... good thing I won some hand sanitizer!)

We really like the Mine Train - I think if it was like 50% longer it would be a home run. I think people who complain about it either a) were expecting it to be some crazy thrill ride even though it was never promised to be b) still frustrated by how long it took to get built or c) just like to complain. Like it is a fun ride that kids love and is something brand new ... just enjoy it for what it is!

They did add true ADR ability for Skipper's Canteen and we have one for our upcoming trip. Been reading mixed reviews but I am excited to try something new.

As someone who has ridden Mystic Manor I would definitely not think of that as a Haunted Mansion clone. It takes place in a "mansion" - but there are no ghosts or anything and it is adventurer's Club themed ... so, um, yeah, not really. I guess as a stretch it is the only thing even remotely like that in Hong Kong Disneyland so I guess it is what they have instead of a Haunted Mansion

Love the Mickey's Magical Sign Post (tm)!

Oh, and I think the third of the Caballeros is a rooster

The BB-8 bands were great! They supposedly do something else at Hollywood Studios. Stay tuned!

With the adult dining plan, kids can still buy from the kids menu at QS places, which is convenient when you don't have big eaters.

It think "bae" is just a really lazy way of saying "babe". Which is REALLY lazy, since both are one syllable.

I heard someone call Splash the "log flume" once, which is worse than saying "Briar Rabbit", IMO :)

Asking people if they could please step aside so we can photograph the numbers below their feet was a bit odd, but once we explained it was our nth day, they would say, "oh..."

I love the Mine Train! And I finally stopped calling it the Mine Cart, too :) Too much Donkey Kong Country in my youth, I think. I don't think it's that short of a ride, to be honest. People probably just compare it to Big Thunder and Space Mountain.

I watched the Mystic Manor walk through. I want to ride that. Bad. That and the Pirates ride at Shanghai Disney.

Rooster is correct! See, even I learned something from my Trip Report :)

I SHOULD be able to post the rest of Day 2 tonight, since Kristin and the kids are away. It might be late, though.

Thanks for reading!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter