Lion King at Art of Animation

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by AndyPok1, Aug 8, 2012.

1. AndyPok1

AndyPok1 Back in MCO!

I finished my apartment searching in Orlando early yesterday and had 4 or 5 hours to kill, so I headed over to Art of Animation to check out the new resort.

Much to my surprise, the Lion King section wasn't walled off. Much to my chagrin, I didn't bring my camera. All I can saw is wow. Having walked through the other two areas, Lion King absolutely knocks it out of the park. A giant Simba... A giant fallen log that Timon and friends are strolling across. Brilliantly done. I'm sure one of the wonderful photogs on The DIS will have a gallery up soon.

In related news, I remembered that there were comments about The Little Mermaid section being a huge trek away from the main pool/dining/building. So I downloaded a pedometer app to my phone and made the walk. It is still walled off, but I tried to approximate the distance to the closest rooms and came up with .2 mile. Which for me is about a 4 minute walk. Not bad by any means. If you are on the very far end of Little Mermaid, it could be annoying... Say .35 or .4 miles, but it's still a shorter distance than the rooms at the Boardwalk to the International Gateway entrance of EPCOT.

Hope this helps or excites someone!!

2. safetymom

safetymom Super Moderator

I have a stay coming up at AofA in the Lion King rooms. I have to say that the Cars rooms so far are my favorite. I'll report back on these new rooms.

3. donalduck

donalduck DIS Veteran

Lucky

4. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

The official Disney Parks Blog posted some awesome pics of the Lion King section today. They can be found here. It looks like another great wing to the resort! :thumbsup2

5. AndyPok1

AndyPok1 Back in MCO!

Ya! Those were the two things I was talking about. It looks awesome.