Linking unactivated AP tp MDE

andee515

DIS Veteran
I bought APs and received the hard copies to turn in on the first day of our trip. Does anyone know if these can be linked to MDE? Thanks!

Can I jump in here? I was just wondering the same thing but I don't have vouchers only the confirmation number they gave me when I purchased them. Can you link this to MDX? If so, will that mean all the tickets are in my name because there is just one confirmation number? I don't want to end up with 3 other useless passes. I wonder if you can use the same confirmation number and link it to 4 different people? Sorry, don't fully understand the linking abilities of MDX. :)

Got the same question. Have 4 DVC exchange certificates that I'm going to use in november.

I'm nervous to link them as I don't want to screw them up.

To the previous poster, you need to create the other members in your travel party. Then you can link the individual tickets (I think) to different individuals.

I wish I was a few months before, or after, this fastpass+ thing. I prefer to know what to expect and let them work out the kinks. Seems like my trip may be right in the window of the switch over. If it was just a small group, no big deal, but I've got a party of 13, and for 9 of them it'll be their first trip.

I linked mine using the one confirmation number that I received and it brought up my 4 passes then I assigned then to the appropriate people in my party.

I did mine today using the barcode scanner on the mobile app.

I'll be honest, worked pretty slick. Hopefully the rest of this process works as well.

I did mine today using the barcode scanner on the mobile app.

I'll be honest, worked pretty slick. Hopefully the rest of this process works as well.

was yours the green colored card that says "exchange certificate"? I keep trying and mine scans but then says "unable to activate at this time"....

Mine were the green DVC AP vouchers and they scanned well. I agree-pretty cool. I really think MDE can be an awesome tool if they can work all the junk out of it.

I couldn't get mine to link, sent an email asking about it and was told that they can't be linked right now. Then I tried the barcode scanner and it worked. I haven't linked mine yet, though, because I'm afraid of screwing something up.

I couldn't get mine to link, sent an email asking about it and was told that they can't be linked right now. Then I tried the barcode scanner and it worked. I haven't linked mine yet, though, because I'm afraid of screwing something up.

Yeah, it depends on what CM you talk to. I spoke to two CMs who said you cannot link them, and three CMs that said you can link them, but there is no reason to until they are activated.

For the first time in a long time, I'm really disappointed in Disney Management. They should be briefing every CM with the exact same information.

At the risk of sounding really stupid, if we are going soon, before FP+ is up and running, is there any need to link them to MDE?

At the risk of sounding really stupid, if we are going soon, before FP+ is up and running, is there any need to link them to MDE?

Probably not. I linked my DVC AP exchange vouchers because I am part of the FP+/MagicBand testing happening in August, and I needed the vouchers linked in order to be able to make the FP+ reservations. But for that, I would not have linked anything.

Ok, like others, I've received the green gards for my new AP. Inside of MDE, I linked these in the My Reservations section of MDE (ie, select the link for My Disney Experience on the top right of the webpage and then select My Reservations). It worked fine and the passes are now listed under Tickets and Passes section within My Reservations.

However, when I go into the Magic Bands and Cards menu item, no cards are listed. Do I re-link the green cards in this section as well? If I do, do I have to remember which card when to which family member (DD, DM, DD9, DS6)? I didn't write names on the cards.

Final question...I received the cards for the MNSSHP...has anyone linked these to either the Reservations section or to the Magic Bands and Cards section?

I don't have an exchange certificate because I selected will call. So all I have is my confirmation email from when I purchased my AP. I tried using that # to link the other day and it didn't work. Do I have to have the actual exchange voucher in order to link?

Ok I used the will call confirmation number to link my dvc ap's to MDX and it did pull up the four passes I have on order but right now they are all assigned to me. It does say I can reassign the passes to other members of my group but everytime I try I get the screen that says the system is down and try again later. I am hoping I can get this changed and the passes aren't all assigned to me for good.

I tried scanning my AP exchange card/certificate and it wouldn't work....:confused:

Same here. I've tried to scan the barcode. I've tried entering the number underneath it in the affiliation part of MDE's website as well as the ticket sections of the app and the website. No luck! I dont know how it works for some and not for us!

Ok I used the will call confirmation number to link my dvc ap's to MDX and it did pull up the four passes I have on order but right now they are all assigned to me. It does say I can reassign the passes to other members of my group but everytime I try I get the screen that says the system is down and try again later. I am hoping I can get this changed and the passes aren't all assigned to me for good.

I am having the same issue. MDE took my AP will call numbers fine. But they are both assigned to me. The problem is mine is a renewal and DD's is a new AP. I want to make sure the one I reassign (which it won't let me do anyway) is hers. They both look identical on MDE and I can't look up any details.

THis is in addition to the fact that DH and DS have 7 day MYW tickets from AAA and I cannot get MDE to recognize them at all. So I can't get them linked.

I can't get through to Disney on the phone, always get a busy recording.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter