Linking Reservations

chattadisser

DIS Veteran
Hi all! I have a question about linking DVC reservations that although I’m sure it has been answered before, I can not find the answer and would appreciate your help.

My family and I are going to WDW in January ’16, staying in a studio at SSR, and have rented points thru David’s. This reservation is for a Fri-Wed. We then found a great deal on airfare and decided to come in one night earlier. This additional extra night (Thurs) was booked thru the Timeshare Store as we could not add onto the David’s reservation.

My question is – is there any way to link these two reservations so that we might (cross our fingers) be able to stay in the same room for our entire trip? Would I need the member that owns the points used at the Timeshare Store to call DVC member services with our reservation number for the David’s stay to link them?

Also, somewhat in the same vein, would I need the DVC member of the Timeshare Store points to request a room location for me? This isn’t as big a deal as we are pretty flexible but having stayed at SSR before there are some rooms that are pretty far out there!

Thank you all for all the great information on the boards!

Christine

You need to have both people from that you are renting from place a continuing reservation request on their reservation of the other reservation number. This way the CMs doing the room assignments will know of your request and will not be missed if only one of the reservation is checked.

Plus when you check in, ask to see if you are blocked into the same room for your entire stay. The CM should be able to tell you. You'll still have to check out and check in and your magic band will need to be recoded. We did this many years ago when you used a card to open the door instead of the MB.

If you do get both members you rented from to request the reservations be linked, you probably don't want to do online check in. It might mess it up.

Thank you both for the advice! I hadn't thought about the online check-in, good point! Now on to trying to get the owners to link each reservation. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter