Linking Reservations not made through Disney to Disney Account

kelsma03

Earning My Ears
My husband and I just reserved 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge in October through Hotels.com. (it's a belated kid free trip for my 40th birthday and our 15th anniversary). ANYWAY, can I link that resort reservation to my mydisneyexperience?

Nevermind, doing a little internet sleuthing and it appears it can't be done. No biggie. We're getting APs so I can just link them to my magic bands and I'll mainly be at Food and Wine anyway.

Last edited:
You can link third party reservations to MDE. You have to have the Disney reservation #. If that's not on your paperwork and you have only the hotels.com confirmation number, you should be able to call them and ha e them provide the Disney number. This is commonly done with Orbitz, Expedia, etc. and I don't think hotels.com will be any different.

You will probably have a heck of a time getting this to happen. I finally gave up and cancelled with Hotels.com after calling 6 times, going through chat 3 times and emailing through customer support with no response. I booked with Orbitz and am having the exact same problem with them. I have spent over two hours on the phone and still have no confirmation number. I've been through their chat sessions several times. They've given me several different confirmation numbers, none of which work with Disney's website. I've called tech support with Disney and been routed to several departments, they cannot access my reservation either. I would only book through Orbitz for a last minute type vacation where you weren't going to benefit from earlier access to MDE. There are a bunch of threads here where people received the correct confirmation number in an email immediately after booking, but, if that doesn't happen for you, there is no way to get it later short of winning the customer service lottery and getting the one agent over there who may know how to do it.

At this point, we're just going to show up at the resort when we're supposed to be there and hope there's a room for us. A room that Disney can't confirm is actually reserved for us. We'll see.

You will probably have a heck of a time getting this to happen. I finally gave up and cancelled with Hotels.com after calling 6 times, going through chat 3 times and emailing through customer support with no response. I booked with Orbitz and am having the exact same problem with them. I have spent over two hours on the phone and still have no confirmation number. I've been through their chat sessions several times. They've given me several different confirmation numbers, none of which work with Disney's website. I've called tech support with Disney and been routed to several departments, they cannot access my reservation either. I would only book through Orbitz for a last minute type vacation where you weren't going to benefit from earlier access to MDE. There are a bunch of threads here where people received the correct confirmation number in an email immediately after booking, but, if that doesn't happen for you, there is no way to get it later short of winning the customer service lottery and getting the one agent over there who may know how to do it.

At this point, we're just going to show up at the resort when we're supposed to be there and hope there's a room for us. A room that Disney can't confirm is actually reserved for us. We'll see.
That's crazy they can't get the number for you! I've use Orbitz for the last 2 years and the hotel confirmation number has always worked for me when linking in MDE. Sometimes it doesn't work immediately after I book the reservation, but usually about an hour later I can link. I've never used Hotels.com but I would imagine they would have similar process.

Sorry that some people are having so much trouble, I've mainly read success stories about it here. The time we booked through Expedia, we got two confirmations. One immediately with the Expedia number and an updated one a few days later with the Disney number on it.

Sorry that some people are having so much trouble, I've mainly read success stories about it here. The time we booked through Expedia, we got two confirmations. One immediately with the Expedia number and an updated one a few days later with the Disney number on it.
I am able to link my orbitz 6 digit code to my MDE right away. I too don't have any problems.
(I used to email for my Disney 11digit conf # but it's NOT NEEDED)

Worth the savings, right???

Of course you can do it.

Wait a few days post-reservation.

Email them. Give them your info. Tell them that you need the Disney confirmation code that's "12 digits and starts with 4" from Disney. That you know they have to contact Disney for it and you are patient. Then wait a day or two.

And they will email it back to you. We've done this several times.

Just don't call. Email. That gives them time.

The actual email we sent and they sent. Numbers excluded. And my name isn't really bumbershoot. ;)

We have a booking for Pop Century Resort at WDW in early January. Hotels.com confirmation number is "11111111".

Will you please find out the DISNEY confirmation number for this (generally 12 digits long and starts with 4) and email it to us? Thank you in advance, bumbershoot's hubby

Thank you for taking the time to contact Hotels.com customer service regarding the hotel confirmation number under itinerary number "11111111".

We would like to inform you that the Hotel Confirmation Number on your reservation at Disney's Pop Century Resort under the guest name "bumbershoot" is 4###########.

Once again, thank you for choosing to do business with us.

Last edited:

I am able to link my orbitz 6 digit code to my MDE right away. I too don't have any problems.
(I used to email for my Disney 11digit conf # but it's NOT NEEDED)

Worth the savings, right???

The 6 digit code is a mix of letters and numbers right? I've probably tried it a hundred times now and it simply will not link. So frustrating since it seems to work for everyone else.

I'm glad other people have had luck doing it. I just thought I would share that the opposite can occur as well. I've attempted all numbers they've given me, I've been through phone, chat and email, and it's been longer than a week. I first started attempting to get the number 48 hours after the booking. So, yes, you could get a number that works; like many other people have done, or you may get a number which doesn't work and never be able to get a working number. For that reason, I would choose to book with Orbitz because at least it has some time when you can get a free cancellation. Hotels.com customer service was so rude that I was willing to lose $25 to not have to deal with them any further. Orbitz was a good price savings, but, I'm pretty frustrated that I can't use online check-in and that it seems Disney has yet to even receive my reservation. It will be really disappointing to drive down there and not have a room, especially since I've ordered cake for pickup.

The 6 digit code is a mix of letters and numbers right? I've probably tried it a hundred times now and it simply will not link. So frustrating since it seems to work for everyone else.

I'm glad other people have had luck doing it. I just thought I would share that the opposite can occur as well. I've attempted all numbers they've given me, I've been through phone, chat and email, and it's been longer than a week. I first started attempting to get the number 48 hours after the booking. So, yes, you could get a number that works; like many other people have done, or you may get a number which doesn't work and never be able to get a working number. For that reason, I would choose to book with Orbitz because at least it has some time when you can get a free cancellation. Hotels.com customer service was so rude that I was willing to lose $25 to not have to deal with them any further. Orbitz was a good price savings, but, I'm pretty frustrated that I can't use online check-in and that it seems Disney has yet to even receive my reservation. It will be really disappointing to drive down there and not have a room, especially since I've ordered cake for pickup.
Is it possible you are mis-reading it? maybe a 6 or a G look alike etc? Same with O and 0.

Also orbitz did work same day but a lady at Disney Magical Express once told me that it can take a few days until the code works in their system so I would try again.

Sorry and good lucK!

Is it possible you are mis-reading it? maybe a 6 or a G look alike etc? Same with O and 0.

Also orbitz did work same day but a lady at Disney Magical Express once told me that it can take a few days until the code works in their system so I would try again.

Sorry and good lucK!

I booked back on the 18th and it's not working 9 days later. I'm copying and pasting, so, no way to misread it. Basically, what's happened is that Disney has not actually received my reservation. Disney tech asked me to call Orbitz again, and I called them twice today. Supposedly they have faxed over my information again, but, hotel still hasn't gotten it and I still don't have a number that I can use to link to MDE. So, all I can do at this point is just show up with my printed receipt and booking information and HOPE that Disney makes good on it. But, all the values are booked solid, so, I'm not exactly holding my breath. I ordered a cake, but, they can't do in room delivery as I'm not in the system, so, I've got it set up to pick up at podium. Hopefully they won't make me pay for it if they can't find a room for us when we get there. I already paid for the room, so, I'm not sure how that will all work out.

Edited to add: A supervisor from Orbitz emailed me a new confirmation number. This gives me 5 different confirmation numbers. This one, no surprise, also doesn't link.. lol.. I give up!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter