Linking Dining to My Disney Experience

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by mom0299, Feb 1, 2013.

1. mom0299

mom0299 DIS Veteran

I'm not sure if this is the right board, but here goes.
    I have an account for MyDisneyExperience. My resort reservation has linked and shows up when I log in. I have repeatedly put in my dining reservations, but they will not show up. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me? What am I doing wrong?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. starousse

starousse DIS Veteran

I had this problem. It was that my dining reservation wasn't under the same email address that my account was under. You can call Disney Dining directly and they can check for you.

4. Bigeagle

Bigeagle Earning My Ears

I've been attempting to make the My Disney Experience (MDE) work for me and so far, have a mixed bag. I started searching for information on this forum and saw this posting. Maybe it will generate so real-time user information.

Anyway, I've linked my Resort reservation (through AAA) into the system with the confirmation number from AAA. After making ADRs on the phone, I entered one ADR confrimation number a a meal reservation, and all the other meal ADRs showed up too. Great!, but this stuff only shows up on my desktop computer. I havethe app on my mobile phone, but can see none of my trip reservation information. I was hoping to use this instead of the list of reminders I normally take with me for our (family of 4) trips. I've got time to see what happens next since we don't arrive at WDW until late July. You might want to make sure you've completed all the details within your profile and made yourself the "primary contact" or whatever MDE calls it. That seemed somewhat important to functionality. My family will be sticking together at WDW this summer, so I've elected to NOT open access to MDE details---keeping it simple for now.

In the next few months, here's what I'm hoping happens, but I've got no real confirmations on any of this:

1. More enhancements, particularly for the mobile app, will role out soon.
    2. Perhaps all my travel plans (reservations) will show up once I arrive on site and the system recognizes that I'm there through the GPS locator affilliation.
    3. If GPS isn't the magic ticket, then maybe the mobile app will spring into useful action as the dates for our trip get closer.

Regardless of whether MDE works or not, OUR Disney experience this summer will be great! Hope yours will be too!

5. Indy Denise

Indy Denise Mouseketeer

I guess I have been lucky.

After many issues with either site ( app or desktop ) mine works great now.

If I use one or the other to make dining ressies it shows up on the other.

When I called to make ressies the desktop site had them listed asap..but I did have to manually add them to the app. At first they wouldn't go but that is because I was using my home phone number instead of my cell to retrieve them.

Now ALL ( resort and dining ) are on both places..

I have to say that making dining res. on the app is easier for me as it loads better..and for some reason it shows better times.

6. butterfly71076

butterfly71076 DIS Veteran

I'm having a bit of trouble, not much. Trying to link resort reservations, it says its already linked but I can't see it. Also still showing a dining reservation I cancelled over the phone about 2 weeks ago. Otherwise, it's ok for me. If I make a dining reservation, it shows up on My Disney Experience right away. For being a Disney "site", I think it's working not bad. Lol

7. mom0299

mom0299 DIS Veteran

OP here.

I put the dining ressies in on the app and now they show up there and on the desktop. It's weird that it wouldn't work on the desktop, but only on the app. At least they are there now, though.

8. MichelleWDWfan

MichelleWDWfan Mouseketeer

The ADR's I made online on the old site weren't transferring to My Disney Experience. I tried to link them by typing my conf # and phone number. It said ressie was found but it still wasn't showing in My Reservations :mad:

I saw a post somewhere that did the trick! :yay:

When you go to Link your ADR's into My Disney experience...

1. Put in your confirmation number for your ADR.
    2. Type in your phone number without the dashes.

This did the trick! When I re-loaded My reservations it showed up!
    So I did this with all of my missing ADR's and now they are all there.
    :thumbsup2

9. hotcarib

hotcarib DIS Veteran

I cannot believe a company like Disney with so very many computer savvy users has such awful websites! Across the board all Disney on the web is horribly executed. Have they nevr heard of a wee little assist called beta testing?:confused3
    Disney, if you listen to us: BETA TEST!!!...... And yes, I did mean to yell!

10. omgninjas

omgninjas Earning My Ears

Is the new site US only? I'm in Canada and I've never seen anything but the old site. Also can't see anywhere in the my disney experience app to link my resort ressie.. This is embarrassing if I'm just missing something, I work in tech support for goodness sake!