Linked Reservations on DVCmember.com

Kidanifan08

DIS Veteran
This is the first time that I have added on extra days to a reservation. I have a 5 day reservation that is now flanked by a 1 day reservation on each end. The room type and lead name are the same on each reservation. I called MS today to link the reservations, and he seemed a little confused, but seemed to take care of everything. With the reservations now linked, will it still appear as 3 separate reservations on the DVC member website? The CM told me that it was something that only they could see on their end. If so, should all three reservations be linked to MDE? I already assume this is going to make ADR's difficult.

Thanks!

You didn't want to link, you should have had them modify 1 reservation listing all of the new dates.

Check your account and if you see more than one reservation number for your dates, send a message to MS via the contact form on the member website telling them what you need done.

:earsboy: Bill

You don't want to link them you want to combine them. That may be what confused MS.

Linked reservations stay as separate reservations with separate numbers. Linking only tells the room assigner it is the same party and gives you a good chance of staying in the same room. You will still have to check in and out though.

Combining them tunes them into one reservation with one number and you will be obviously in the same room.

You don't want to link them you want to combine them. That may be what confused MS.

Linked reservations stay as separate reservations with separate numbers. Linking only tells the room assigner it is the same party and gives you a good chance of staying in the same room. You will still have to check in and out though.

Combining them tunes them into one reservation with one number and you will be obviously in the same room.

Thanks. Seems like the CM should have understood what I was trying to do, since the names on each of the 3 reservations were the same. Guess not. . .:sad2:

You didn't want to link, you should have had them modify 1 reservation listing all of the new dates.

Check your account and if you see more than one reservation number for your dates, send a message to MS via the contact form on the member website telling them what you need done.

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks, Bill. I am an associate on the account, so it may be easier to call.

Well, it's a good thing I called back. The first CM that I spoke with today completely misunderstood what I was trying to do and almost messed up everything. We are traveling with two other groups. One friend and my wife and I each have HH Studios for 5 nights. The other couple wanted 7 nights, arriving a night before us and staying one more night after us. In order to make that work, I added 1 night on each end of their reservation, which resulted in 3 reservations for the same room type (1BR villa - not HH) for 7 consecutive days total.

The CM that I spoke with earlier today ended up setting up a WL for the 5 nights that we are there, so if it came through, the couple in the 1BR might have had two single nights in an OKW-1BR on either end of a HH-1BR! Fortunately, I called back and the second CM was actually able to secure 7 nights in an HH-1BR under a single reservation, although for one of the nights, it was the last HH-1BR available. She held the HH-1BR reservation while I went into the account and canceled all three non-HH reservations. Fortunately it worked, so all of us have a complete reservation in the HH.

It seems to me that the CM earlier today should have reviewed the transaction as a WL with me before hanging up; he never mentioned that he was setting up a WL! Ugh -- we need more functionality on our end so that we can manipulate the reservations on our own! I realize that will never happen. . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter